Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CATS Musical

+2
Paula74
Callie Daae
6 posters

Go down

CATS Musical Empty CATS Musical

Post  Callie Daae Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:29 pm

CATS is definitely one of my favs. I've loved it since I was seven. When it it first came out on video, I watched it so much I wore the tape out!!! And my parents had to buy me a new one! Oh and I would dress up as a cat, sing, and dance in front of the TV! LMAO Laughing (Keep in mind that I was seven lol) So then I went and saw it and before hand my mom met one of the actors mom online and she met us at the theater, and I got to go back stage and got a picture with the whole cast! Hopefully I will see it in May. Very Happy
What do you guys think of it? I know some people have a hard time following the story.

Last edited by Callie Daae on Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Callie Daae
Callie Daae

Back to top Go down

CATS Musical Empty Re: CATS Musical

Post  Paula74 Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:52 pm

I remember wanting to see Cats for the longest time. I first heard of it when my sixth grade science teacher wore a Cats t-shirt with a witch's hat for Halloween. She'd seen it on Broadway and raved about it.

Unfortunately, it was a long, long time before I saw it...I think it was a year or two after I graduated high school when the tour came here. And, well, it was very disappointing. I'm not really going to blame the show itself, but the fact that it was presented in a sports arena with steep, uncomfortable upper level seats, less-than-great sight-lines, and horrible acoustics. I didn't really enjoy it at all.

My partner James saw it on Broadway...since his nickname is The Cat, some of his friends thought it would be fun to get front row tickets. He blames the show for his general dislike of all things related to musicals. Of course, he at least admits that he and his friends were...er...let's just say they were under the influence and nearly got kicked out of the theatre for being rather rowdy.

That said, there are a lot of songs on the recording that I really love...especially the Jellicle Ball. It just didn't work well for me on stage. Though I would probably give it another chance if the opportunity arose.
Paula74
Paula74

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Callie Daae Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:56 pm

Yes I think I would be unpleasant to see it in a sports arena
Callie Daae
Callie Daae

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomgirl110 Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:05 pm

I absolutely love CATS, in spite of its near-total lack of an actual plotline. I love the music, the dance, the costumes, the makeup, everything. The first (and only) time I saw it live was thrilling. I went in Rumpleteazer makeup (I was 18 at the time, by the way) and got special attention from a few members of the cast.
phantomgirl110
phantomgirl110

http://freewebs.com/little-meg

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:34 pm

CATS is back in Vienna and I´ll see it on Satdurday - my first time live!
I know and have the CDs and the DVD, but I never seen it live on stage!
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:44 am

I adore the dancing it CATS, the costumes, and the song 'Memory'. And that's all I enjoyed when it came to this musical.

Otherwise, I don't understand the hype around it. I tend to think that people who like cats tend to really cling to this musical. (But that just might be stereotypical of me.)
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:00 am

I do love cats, and the musical is OK. But your impression/attitude, ML6, reminds me of when I was sitting in the theater about to see it as a kid, maybe 10 years old, and my grandma's friend leaned over and asked me if I thought it was about cats or about people, and I said "cats" in a "duh" kind of tone, not yet understanding metaphors. There're some good tunes throughout the musical, not just Memory, though there are also a few dull parts. But a lot of the enjoyment comes from the TS Eliot musing on human nature that you can get just from reading his poems.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down