Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Las Vegas Production

+41
Stephanie
AlwaysChristine
CountessDeChangy
StrangerThanUDreamt
Loettchen
Devon
PhantomsGhost
Bunvendor
MajesticPhantom
providerofgoods
justin-from-barbados
operaphan
vmkwinner
Mme Reyer
LisaL
Phantom on a Budget
TheMaskedLion
Paula74
PhantomofPhoenix
LadyCDaae
ML6
alaron
phantomphan1992
musicalfan
Madame Giry
LiQuiD DiAmOnD
Viscountess
SenorSwanky
Demodiki
Becky
Rebecca
meglett
IamErik771
Christine's Shadow
operafantomet
Raphael
phantom10906
Scorp
phantomgirl110
MasqPhan
Callie Daae
45 posters

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Las Vegas Production - Page 16 Empty Re: Las Vegas Production

Post  Madame Giry Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:44 pm

StrangerThanUDreamt wrote:So..it looks like I just may make it to the closing show this Sept.! A bit last minute but, better late than never. I take it some phans from here are going? As long as Machintosh isnt there I should be able to show my face, after that lovely episode involving myself and the Bjornson archive Cool

Glad to hear it! There will be a bevy of us in attendance that weekend. Are you going to only the closing show or will you be there for any of the days/shows prior to closing? We're planning some informal fan events, such as a costume night.

Also - whatever did happen after you wrote to the Bjornson archive and they responded to you anyhow??

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:24 pm

I think I will be there a day or so before the closing, but thats the only performance I'll be attending I believe; In regards to the whole Bjornson archive, I was told the current tour was asked to put a disclaimer of sorts in the printed materials Im assuming programs/posters, which is better than nothing I suppose.
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:21 pm

StrangerThanUDreamt wrote:I think I will be there a day or so before the closing, but thats the only performance I'll be attending I believe; In regards to the whole Bjornson archive, I was told the current tour was asked to put a disclaimer of sorts in the printed materials Im assuming programs/posters, which is better than nothing I suppose.

I wonder if they've done that (the "oh, we're using some of her designs that were never done" comment buried in one of the souvenir brochure's articles doesn't count that).

What would it say? "Disclaimer: the costumes designed by Maria Björnson that appear in this production have had significant alterations made"? "Disclaimer: the monstrosities attributed to Maria Björnson are really things we found in the cupboard backstage"? "Disclaimer: Maria Björnson's costumes were intended to be used in this production, but were lost in the post"?
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:58 pm

Scorp wrote:
StrangerThanUDreamt wrote:I think I will be there a day or so before the closing, but thats the only performance I'll be attending I believe; In regards to the whole Bjornson archive, I was told the current tour was asked to put a disclaimer of sorts in the printed materials Im assuming programs/posters, which is better than nothing I suppose.

I wonder if they've done that (the "oh, we're using some of her designs that were never done" comment buried in one of the souvenir brochure's articles doesn't count that).
I noticed many reporters started describing the costumes as "in the spirit of" and "expanding the universe of" and euphemisms like that. That happened after the archive was contacted. Before that it was all "using the brilliant design of late Maria". But I haven't really seen it in PR material or in official statements.

StrangerThanUDreamt, I doubt Cameron Mackintosh will be there. Though he was the original West End and Broadway producer, he hasn't been involved in the Vegas production (correct me if I'm wrong). It would of course be cool if he gave it a proper send-off, but technically he has no official role to play there. So chances are slim you'll bump into him...

Looking forward to see y'all! I'm seeing one performance each day from Thursday to Sunday, and I am of course bringing a costume. And one giant memory card for my camera!
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:58 am

Im rather excited as well to see some of the crew from these forums! As of now I believe I will be staying at the venetian, any tips or pointers from those that already have?
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  CountessDeChangy Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:56 am

Does anyone think there will be anyone at the final show? And if so, who? ALW and SB were at the closing of the US, so there is a chance that SOMEONE might be there to send it off, right?... scratch
CountessDeChangy
CountessDeChangy

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:29 am

I would think if ALW and SB came to the closing of the US tour, then at least ALW and probably Hal Prince will come to the closing of Phantom in vegas
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:12 pm

CountessDeChangy wrote:Does anyone think there will be anyone at the final show? And if so, who? ALW and SB were at the closing of the US, so there is a chance that SOMEONE might be there to send it off, right?... scratch
I would hope someone official is there, and Hal Prince and/or Gillian Lynne are both good candidates. Mostly since they've both been deeply involved in the creation of the Vegas production. Sarah Brightman's involvement is... well, non-existant, apart from creating the role of Christine in the first place. I don't know how much ALW has been involved? But it would be a nice tribute to the grandest production so far of his most popular musical.

As for Cameron Mackintosh and RUG, I have my doubts. Since none of them has been producers I'm not sure what kind of commitment they have to the production?
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  CountessDeChangy Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:46 pm

That'd be so awesome if ALW was there! xD I'm hoping someone is there!
CountessDeChangy
CountessDeChangy

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:03 am

If any of you get to meet Hal Prince, I will be incredibly jealous.
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:07 am

Just saw that Wizard of Oz is closing in London Sept 2nd as well...so I wonder which one, if any, Webber would attend..obiovusly he's closer to the London production of Oz, but Phantom in Vegas is a pretty big deal as well...should be interesting
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  IamErik771 Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:54 pm

Does anyone know if the Vegas company is still accepting postcards sent to them? I think they were saying that would be going until the show closed, but just wanted to be sure.
IamErik771
IamErik771

http://iamerik771.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Loettchen Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Madame Giry wrote:Glad to hear it! There will be a bevy of us in attendance that weekend. Are you going to only the closing show or will you be there for any of the days/shows prior to closing? We're planning some informal fan events, such as a costume night.

~Madame~

Ok, so... I decided to try to go, after much deliberation! Any chance of finding out what fan events are planned and when? I probably can't be there much of the time, but I'd like to make it to anything I can. And anyone planning to costume the final performance?
Loettchen
Loettchen

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:10 am

@Loettchen: I believe costumes are welcome anytime, but the majority of us will be in costume for the Aug 31 performance (and hoping to get a group photo taken on the theatre lobby steps).

@IAmErik771: I'm pretty sure BASE is still accept postcards, but I think the response wasn't high enough to warrant posting photos on their Facebook page (it's hard to rally phans to do much of anything).

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:15 am

^This sounds awesome, I will only be at the closing performance, but will be in vegas for a few days, looks like Im going with Venetian, in terms of hotel, so wonder whats going to be happening after the performance? Im sure the cast will have their own afterparty, but are the phans getting together to do anything?
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  Loettchen Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:59 am

Raphael wrote:@Loettchen: I believe costumes are welcome anytime, but the majority of us will be in costume for the Aug 31 performance (and hoping to get a group photo taken on the theatre lobby steps).

Thanks, Raphael! That sounds amazing. Sadly, I'll only be able to make it on the weekend, but I look forward to seeing the photo!
Loettchen
Loettchen

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Anybody see the post by Phantom LV on facebook? They gave a sneek peek at what is in the gift bags for those that bought tickets for the last week! Looks promising Very Happy
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:50 am

I hadn`t noticed the items until seeing your post just now. They will certainly be lovely keepsakes of a fabulous production. So many memories these past years... sigh
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:05 am

Raphael wrote:@Loettchen: I believe costumes are welcome anytime, but the majority of us will be in costume for the Aug 31 performance (and hoping to get a group photo taken on the theatre lobby steps).

@IAmErik771: I'm pretty sure BASE is still accept postcards, but I think the response wasn't high enough to warrant posting photos on their Facebook page (it's hard to rally phans to do much of anything).

R.
I thought the idea was to post a picture of the postcards at the closing night or thereabout?

Loettchen, how cool you're taking the trip! Looking forward to seeing all these Phantom faces (no pun intended) there!
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:19 pm

Hey folks!

I have a pair of seats for sale for the 7pm show on 1 Sep. They are in the center section, Row N, seats 29 and 30. These are under the leading edge of the chandelier. Tickets cost $160 each when I bought them, but I'm willing to sell them for $100 each. That's $320 worth of tickets for $200! Please PM me if interested. Payment will be cash in person at the Venetian. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:12 am

Been looking at people attending the final shows and getting mixed up. Just how many folks from DP are attending in the last week?
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanie Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:28 am

MasqPhan wrote:Been looking at people attending the final shows and getting mixed up. Just how many folks from DP are attending in the last week?

I will be there. Smile
Stephanie
Stephanie

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:25 am

Wish I could be there. Have fun, DPers!
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  phantom10906 Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:24 am

Present and accounted for Masqphan Very Happy
phantom10906
phantom10906

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=608426503#/profile.php?id

Back to top Go down

Post  NightRachel Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:04 pm

MajesticPhantom wrote:Wish I could be there. Have fun, DPers!

Yeah, same here. Wish I could join you all there. Have a good time!
NightRachel
NightRachel

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:10 pm

I will be there as well! Very Happy
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:50 am

operafantomet wrote:
I thought the idea was to post a picture of the postcards at the closing night or thereabout?

I believe that the original plan was to post them in batches as they were put up on the walls backstage, but I suspect the submissions weren't in the quantities they were hoping for and they decided to add a "Farewell" wall on their Facebook page for fans to post their goodbyes in a more convenient manner.

It's probably already been posted here, but I just wanted to extend an invitation to any Deserted Phan members here who will be in Las Vegas to the Phan dinner @Grand Lux Cafe on 5pm Saturday, Sept 1 and the Phan Farewell brunch @Bouchon Bistro on 10am Monday, Sept 3 (both located in The Venetian). If you'd like to attend PM me by tomorrow night (8/25) so I can add you to the headcount when I make the reservations later this weekend.

Final details on Costume Night meeting time for the group photo (as well as which Masquerade pose we'll be using) will be forthcoming in the next few days.

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:55 am

That sounds awesome! I'll be getting in late sat. night though, so it sees I may miss the dinner, its funny b.c I planned to go to Grand Lux sunday before the show, I will be there for the closing performance though , any "Phan" gatherings happening the night after the closing show?
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:58 am

There might be some general hanging out together after the final show, but nothing official planned. A lot of us might just be a bit too emotional and want to process things privately.

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:11 am

An article from today's Las Vegas Sun with an interview with Hal Prince. Clicky here
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next