Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Erik’s Existential Crisis A Third PhanPhiction

Go down

Erik’s Existential Crisis A Third PhanPhiction Empty Erik’s Existential Crisis A Third PhanPhiction

Post  Phantomasc Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:20 pm

After Christine returned Erik his mask, she asked about his opera Don Juan Triumphant.

“You are writing an Opera?”

“It’s about Don Juan and his obsession with a beautiful woman.”

“You mean like Faust?

“Awww but It doesn’t end tragically for Don Jaun gets to live happily with his true love!

“So it’s a fairytale?”

“No Daun Jaun has sex with many women” Erik answered

“Why are you drawn to a man like that/” Christine is horrified.

“Because doesn’t anyone deserves love? ” Erik declared

“That’s not love that’s bestial!” Christine exclaims.

“I give you back your liberty, Christine, on condition that this ring is always on your finger. As long as you keep it, you will be protected against all danger and Erik will remain your friend. But woe to you if you ever part with it, for Erik will have his revenge!

After Christine left, that word she used to describe his Don Juan “bestial” swirled around in his mind. Oh, why did he love that legend in the first place?

“I guess I am just as evil as him, and he gets to feel the warmth of a woman even if he is evil. I look evil so I must be evil! My true love said as much! I have aways known I looked like a monster, but to hear I think like one from my true love… I can’t bear !that I don't deserve her love! But people have aways treated me as evil. The Shah of Persia thought I would like killing people and I did! Killing is evil in and of it’self! I am resinged to finsh Don Juan Triumphant even if it means I am an evil monster forever!“

Phantomasc

Back to top Go down

Erik’s Existential Crisis A Third PhanPhiction Empty Where in I Confess my Sin

Post  Phantomasc Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:23 pm

So in the musical "Peter Pan" there Is a song called "Ugg-A-Wugg" "Ugg" was used to degrade the languages of Indigenous peoples, and Peter uses the slur that is more likely to refer to red apples than people of any color. When I mentioned "Peter Pan" in my end note of "The Ghost in the in the Mirror" this wasn't mentioned as I could not break the flow! To make things worse I had been born with Cerebral Palsy and thus had to go to speech therapy so I assumed I was misunderstanding the characters and tried to understand them. The limits of my six-year-old vocabulary meant that all of the words meant "help" except "Ugg-Ugg-Wah" which meant "I Promise" Jerome Robbins' choreography is the reason I can get the meaning of the words. I did something racist by putting meaning to "Ugg." and I apologize to every Indigenous person in the USA.

Your obedient servant.
Phantomasc

Phantomasc

Back to top Go down