Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peter Fox Shoes for the Phantom of the Opera

+4
meglett
MasqPhan
Becky
Melly
8 posters

Go down

Peter Fox Shoes for the Phantom of the Opera Empty Peter Fox Shoes for the Phantom of the Opera

Post  Melly Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:14 pm

This is a kind of "Girly topic" but... Smile

As I'm always looking for historical accessories, I've discovered this website (quite randomly!)...

www .peterfox.com/

This creator made the shoes for the show and MANY famous productions/movies/TV Shows.

Have you ever dream of buying exact Christine shoes tweens? Smile It's quite expensive but it was funny to find these cute boots here:) I wish I was rich!

www .peterfoxshoes.com/leather-2.aspx (sorry for the spaces, I had to cheat with the link, as a new member I'm not allowed to post links)

Melly
Melly

Back to top Go down

Peter Fox Shoes for the Phantom of the Opera Empty Re: Peter Fox Shoes for the Phantom of the Opera

Post  Becky Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:52 pm

If I weren't so opposed to having shoes on my feet, I would have a fun time with this site!

A bit off topic, but I noticed your user name - are you the same Melly who runs the Sandor Clegane tumblr?

Becky

Back to top Go down

Peter Fox Shoes for the Phantom of the Opera Empty Re: Peter Fox Shoes for the Phantom of the Opera

Post  MasqPhan Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:52 am

Hi Melly,

I absolutely adore Peter Fox shoes and own a few pairs. However I have never paid retail for them as like you say, they're quite costly.
If you keep an eye out on eBay, you can often find gently used pairs.
I was able to get my Christine Dressing Gown shoes that way for a steal of a price in comparison to their $300ish price brand new.
One of my other pairs was from the Broadway Fleamarket and were still at least 1/3 of the price brand new and hold a lot more sentimental value with their past history on stage (Christine's Il Muto/Countess shoes).

If you look right now I believe there are a pair of the Peter Fox boots used with the Aminta Costume on eBay. Depends on what size you need though.
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melly Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:08 am

Becky > No, it's not me ^^

MasqPhan> Thanks for these details! I can't find anything interesting for me for the moment on ebay Smile But as 9/10 of shoes I try are hurting me, I'm not sure that I'd be able to buy my shoes on the web without trying them before Razz But I'll try to check ebay more often now Very Happy If I can find a non expensive pair someday, it would be great! I need a simple pair of shoes with "talons bobines", so representative of the 18th century for my original costumes Very Happy

Are Peter Fox shoes comfortable? For such a price I hope they are >_<
Melly
Melly

Back to top Go down

Post  meglett Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:16 am

Peter Fox shoes are hard to begin with. Once you've broken them in, they're better. Very Happy
meglett
meglett

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:33 am

I've always wanted a pair of Peter Fox boots. They are da bomb. But I've always chickened out in terms of size and shape. I don't want to spend $$$ on shoes that might not fit me. So so far I've just drooled over them online. But one day I WILL own a pair of black "Aminta" boots from them.

UK Phantom, and several of the European productions, get their footwear from Anello & Davide in London. I have a pair of Star Princess boots from the Hamburg production, fully leather lined and dressed in baby blue satin, signed Anello & Davide. I think the model is the Gigi boot, here:

http://www.handmadeshoes.co.uk/pdf/ninteenthcentury.pdf
( http://www.handmadeshoes.co.uk/ <---- main site)

The "Tango" boot has been used for Masquerade costumes and possibly Don Juan, while the "Scalloped button boot" looks awfully like the Aminta boots they used in Copenhagen:

Peter Fox Shoes for the Phantom of the Opera Cop2

I want these too! Want, want, want, want... I should not have been born poor middle class. Laughing

Last edited by operafantomet on Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Melly Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:35 am

I want these too! Want, want, want, want... I should not have been born poor middle class.

"I could have said that XD"
Melly
Melly

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:30 am

Melly wrote:
I want these too! Want, want, want, want... I should not have been born poor middle class.

"I could have said that XD"

I want it too!
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:42 pm

One note on the Peter Fox shoes, they often fit on the small side. So you'd likely have to go up at least a half size. If they're used and well broken in, stretched you might be ok. It turns out Marni Raab's foot is a great match size wise for mine. lol
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aria Clements Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:14 am

MasqPhan wrote:One note on the Peter Fox shoes, they often fit on the small side. So you'd likely have to go up at least a half size.

I'd heard this too, so I went a half size up for my wedding. I'm normally a 10.5, so got an 11, and they were BIG. I think it depends on the particular shoe. I got the Lucia shoes. But I wasn't about to complain because I bought a new pair on eBay for 75% off their retail of $475. A 10 would have been better, but finding Peter Fox shoes at all above a 9.5 is extremely rare.

Aria Clements

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:06 am

Aria Clements wrote:
MasqPhan wrote:One note on the Peter Fox shoes, they often fit on the small side. So you'd likely have to go up at least a half size.
I'd heard this too, so I went a half size up for my wedding. I'm normally a 10.5, so got an 11, and they were BIG. I think it depends on the particular shoe. I got the Lucia shoes. But I wasn't about to complain because I bought a new pair on eBay for 75% off their retail of $475. A 10 would have been better, but finding Peter Fox shoes at all above a 9.5 is extremely rare.
That's very handy to know. The sizing makes me so in doubt in terms of buying a pair. But I guess it's better to have the size run a bit bigger, and wear a sole in it, than not being able to wear it at all.

BTW, welcome to the forum!
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:34 pm

http://www.etsy.com/listing/90405970/peter-fox-classic-granny-boots

*whistles*

Now those are some NICE boots. Seem like longer versions of the Aminta boot? Good thing they're a couple sizes too big for me, so I can't be tempted! Very Happy

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down