Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phantom costumes - real and replicas 1

+46
London-Phan
Bunvendor
justin1976
eriklefantome
vmkwinner
AlwaysChristine
Miss von Krolock
Klavirista
Devon
LadyCDaae
TheFinnishPhantom
Phinnish Phan
Maya
Cape Twirl of Doom
Phantomess
Mme Reyer
Vicomtesse de Chagny
ladygodiva
ML6
Mlle. Daae
ChorusGirl
Madame Giry
Scorp
Callie Daae
Rebecca
phantomphan1992
Becky
Loettchen
EarlFan
Riene
Christine's Shadow
Stephanie
Raphael
Paula74
Phantomlove
Viscountess
MasqPhan
TGITPC
meglett
phantomgirl110
Phantom on a Budget
MlleMusique
littlelotty004
phantom10906
operafantomet
Admin
50 posters

Page 11 of 34 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next

Go down

Phantom costumes - real and replicas 1 - Page 11 Empty Re: Phantom costumes - real and replicas 1

Post  Raphael Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:01 am

Onyx... opal. They both start with "O" Wink

Nice to know the story behind that particular ring, though!

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Phantom costumes - real and replicas 1 - Page 11 Empty Re: Phantom costumes - real and replicas 1

Post  operafantomet Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:08 am

Interesting about that ring! I don't think I've ever seen pictures of it (or noticed that detail). And what a nice gesture towards the fan who gave it to him!
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:46 pm

Phantom costumes - real and replicas 1 - Page 11 Th_negem1Phantom costumes - real and replicas 1 - Page 11 Th_negem2Phantom costumes - real and replicas 1 - Page 11 Th_neskirt2

So I've searched high and low for green and red gems to use for the outline of the tabs. I've found some - they've either been too small, too big and/or too expensive. But the other day I came across some earrings which each had 4 roundels with "gems". They were colourless, but a dash of nail polish solved that problem...

I've also cut and sewn the panels for the skirt. Not quite sure how to gather or pleat it in the back yet, but at least this is a major progress!

http://aneafiles.webs.com/newelissa.html
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomphan1992 Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:10 pm

It looks great! And the nail polish thing was really clever. I would have never thought to do something like that.
phantomphan1992
phantomphan1992

Back to top Go down

Post  Mlle. Daae Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:53 pm

MasqPhan wrote:
Mlle. Daae wrote:

And, Operafantomet, you know how I feel about the U.S. Elissa replica you're doing... I'll be watching that closely... I CALL DIBBS!!!!

I predict a battle when that skirt goes to auction.

Haha! It's on!!

I actually tore apart my wedding gown bodice, since the fit wasn't quite right. I'm also going to try to elongate the bodice some, too, whenever I get the money to do that. It made me sad, though. I met some of the Phantom cast in that bodice... *sniffles* I'm not going to throw it away, just for the heck of it.
Mlle. Daae
Mlle. Daae

Back to top Go down

Post  littlelotty004 Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:50 pm

MlleMusique wrote:So, we have progress on the IMB gown! (Pictures available if anyone's interested).

pics please!!! Smile
littlelotty004
littlelotty004

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:14 am

Pardon me a temporary sidetrack from the usual Phantom costume talk, but I found this fascinating website: http://www.recycledmoviecostumes.com/

It shows photo galleries of various costumes that have been recycled through different films, often starting as costumes for major characters/actors. Some costumes go back as much as 30 or 40 years. It just got me to thinking that maybe there's a chance that some of the 2004 Phantom film costumes will show up on extras in other big period films, or in television shows (The Tudors is really very guilty of this recycling business, as the site demonstrates). It would be fun to notice something like that, even if you're not a fan of the 2004 film.

That is all. Smile

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  Viscountess Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:38 am

Madame Giry wrote:Pardon me a temporary sidetrack from the usual Phantom costume talk, but I found this fascinating website: http://www.recycledmoviecostumes.com/

It shows photo galleries of various costumes that have been recycled through different films, often starting as costumes for major characters/actors. Some costumes go back as much as 30 or 40 years. It just got me to thinking that maybe there's a chance that some of the 2004 Phantom film costumes will show up on extras in other big period films, or in television shows (The Tudors is really very guilty of this recycling business, as the site demonstrates). It would be fun to notice something like that, even if you're not a fan of the 2004 film.

That is all. Smile

~Madame~
That's certainly very likely considering some [most of the non-main character's?] of the costumes were rented, so if they were rented once, they could totally be re-rented. Or maybe even unlikely since so many of them were auctioned off on eBay.
Viscountess
Viscountess

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomphan1992 Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:51 am

Viscountess wrote:
Madame Giry wrote:Pardon me a temporary sidetrack from the usual Phantom costume talk, but I found this fascinating website: http://www.recycledmoviecostumes.com/

That is all. Smile

~Madame~
That's certainly very likely considering some [most of the non-main character's?] of the costumes were rented, so if they were rented once, they could totally be re-rented. Or maybe even unlikely since so many of them were auctioned off on eBay.

I don't thing, but I haven't looked very thoroughly yet.
phantomphan1992
phantomphan1992

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:57 am

Viscountess wrote:That's certainly very likely considering some [most of the non-main character's?] of the costumes were rented, so if they were rented once, they could totally be re-rented. Or maybe even unlikely since so many of them were auctioned off on eBay.
I read that most of Raoul's costumes were rented too, though I read it too long ago to remember any references. Might possibly be from the costume part in the official site.

Madame, thanks for that link! Will be fun to explore, I love seeing how various garbs travel and fin new life.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Loettchen Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:15 pm

operafantomet wrote:But various stage versions to various things. Most US versions of the POTO costumes tend to emphasize the hips, and same goes for the Aminta skirt. There is a variant of the paniers under at least the Aminta and Elissa skirts. But for example the European skirts has had rounded bell shapes all around, achieved with a full netting underskirt, while the Aussie ones almost has a bustle silhouette (not sure what they use). So I think you can do whatever you prefer, really....

I love the new "patent" of the sleeves, I think the finished result will be awesome. Very Happy

Thanks! And, that explanation of the Aminta skirt makes a lot of sense and explains why I always thought the US version looked a little different. Not sure what I prefer. It's definitely something to think about. And your Elissa skirt looks so great, btw. I love the green fabric as well as that jewelry you found.

MlleMusique wrote:So, we have progress on the IMB gown! (Pictures available if anyone's interested).

Ooh, please show pictures! And don't be discouraged. Personally, I go through tons of trial and error all the time! And it sounds like your outfit is really coming together. I can't wait to see it.
Loettchen
Loettchen

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:06 pm

Loettchen wrote:

Ooh, please show pictures! And don't be discouraged. Personally, I go through tons of trial and error all the time! And it sounds like your outfit is really coming together. I can't wait to see it.
Isn't that how POTO costume replicas are made? Trial and error and remakes? Cool

I'm almost done with the green Elissa skirt now. Major hooray. The front is kept straight, while the back is pleated. The skirt is sewn to a matching waistband, and as soon as I come up with a clever, adjustable closing patent in the back, I'll fix the hem. Yay!
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  littlelotty004 Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:00 am

well back in January MlleMusique came down and we had a "Phantom Day" where we dressed up and sang phantom. Cool
here are some screen-caps of my performance as Christine:
https://2img.net/h/i346.photobucket.com/albums/p434/littlelotty004/cap0000.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i346.photobucket.com/albums/p434/littlelotty004/cap0001.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i346.photobucket.com/albums/p434/littlelotty004/cap0006.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i346.photobucket.com/albums/p434/littlelotty004/cap0009.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i346.photobucket.com/albums/p434/littlelotty004/cap0019.jpg

and a really cute one of both of us:
https://2img.net/h/i346.photobucket.com/albums/p434/littlelotty004/cap0016-1.jpg
(hope you don't mind Mllemusique silent )
littlelotty004
littlelotty004

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomphan1992 Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:45 am

That looks like such fun! And your costumes look amazing. Very Happy
phantomphan1992
phantomphan1992

Back to top Go down

Post  MlleMusique Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:20 am

I don't mind, littlelotty! Very Happy Hope you don't mind me posting this photo...littlelotty mentioned we now had matching dressing gowns (replicas); here is a photo we took whilst I was down visiting with her:

Phantom costumes - real and replicas 1 - Page 11 Th_100_0458

And I know I promised progress pics of my IMB gown...I've taken apart the 'between' skirt and apron, but as soon as I sew on the bodice panel and flowers, I PROMISE to post a picture of the finished bodice!
MlleMusique
MlleMusique

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:26 am

You look fantastic, both of you!
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  littlelotty004 Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:43 am

Just couldn't wait to share my goodies with you! Very Happy
so last Saturday I went to a fabric sale and picked up some pretty lace for $6 a meter
(there was only 4 meters left on the card) and on tuesday I went shopping on Chapel St
and found these shoes (for my serifimo costume)
for only $4!!!!
https://2img.net/h/i346.photobucket.com/albums/p434/littlelotty004/my%20costume%20replicas/IMAG1902.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i346.photobucket.com/albums/p434/littlelotty004/my%20costume%20replicas/IMAG1904.jpg
littlelotty004
littlelotty004

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:00 pm

So I was looking around in my craft room yesterday, and decided to check on my RD sleeves that had been sitting in bags since Fans week last year. I pulled one of the sleeves out only to find that they had started to crease under their own weight. Shocked Dang it! So to take the stress off of them, I decided to re-connect them to the doublet, and hang them up. Now I really want to get cracking on the upgrades seeing it all hanging up again.

Phantom costumes - real and replicas 1 - Page 11 DSC01773

Phantom costumes - real and replicas 1 - Page 11 DSC01774

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:34 pm

phantomfett wrote:So I was looking around in my craft room yesterday, and decided to check on my RD sleeves that had been sitting in bags since Fans week last year. I pulled one of the sleeves out only to find that they had started to crease under their own weight. Shocked Dang it! So to take the stress off of them, I decided to re-connect them to the doublet, and hang them up. Now I really want to get cracking on the upgrades seeing it all hanging up again.

Love it!!! Looks totally awesome, even just haning up!

Oh, I sooooo need to get my butt in gear making a costume. I have the feeling I'm in for a serious time crunch trying to put something together this summer.... affraid Embarassed
Rebecca
Rebecca

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:33 pm

Rebecca wrote:

Oh, I sooooo need to get my butt in gear making a costume. I have the feeling I'm in for a serious time crunch trying to put something together this summer.... affraid Embarassed

Thanks, Rebecca! If it makes you feel any better about time crunches--the entire top half of my costume was done in 2-1/2 months. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:42 pm

phantomfett wrote:
Rebecca wrote:

Thanks, Rebecca! If it makes you feel any better about time crunches--the entire top half of my costume was done in 2-1/2 months. Very Happy

Wow, incredibly impressive!!! And it does make me feel better - thanks! Very Happy

Although it also makes me feel a little more relaxed about procrastinating, so I'd really better not let that happen... LOL! I think I will definitely make it my project for this summer, once I have more time in the evenings (starting in June). For now, I think I'm just sort of treading water, time wise! Not that you'd know from my posting here and on facebook. But that I can do from my office. They'd probably catch on if I brought in a sewing machine Wink
Rebecca
Rebecca

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:09 pm

For anyone who's making or has made an Aminta costume and needs boots, I found a nice pair of Peter Fox boots on Etsy that would definitely fit the bill, and for a fraction of the retail cost of Peter Fox boots: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=41855498&ref=sr_list_32&&ga_search_query=victorian+boots+black&ga_search_type=vintage&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Too big for me, else I'd be sorely tempted!

ETA: For those who don't know, Peter Fox is the company that supplies some of the shoes, such as Christine's dressing gown shoes, to the ALW Phantom stage productions. Smile

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomphan1992 Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:01 pm

Thank you.

Wow! It's going to be tough to not get the pair, and I'm not even planning a replica any time soon.
phantomphan1992
phantomphan1992

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:16 pm

I love Peter Fox Shoes and really miss their Thompson Street shop. I splurged on a pair of the Aminta-style boots - the model I have is called Paula Laughing - and, while they were expensive, they're SO well-made and gorgeous.
Paula74
Paula74

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:24 pm

phantomphan1992 wrote:Thank you.

Wow! It's going to be tough to not get the pair, and I'm not even planning a replica any time soon.

That's what I was thinking - and they're even my size!! Oooo, see, this is when it's a good thing I have Jeff to help reign me in. Sometimes. Unless it's something he wants too.... LOL! Laughing
Rebecca
Rebecca

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:20 pm

Whoops! Looks like the Peter Fox boots are gone! Alright, fess up, did anyone here give in and buy them? Wink

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:32 pm

So I finally started real work on assembling my Madame Giry Masquerade cape. I cut away parts of a black velvet jacket (Salvation Army find) so that it resembled the general cape pattern. Next, I started to play around with arranging the appliques for the front and back. The back was relatively easy because I found a massively awesome applique. Front will be decorated with several appliques. Also have included a photo of the bead fringe and trim I'll use for the bottom edges of the cape.

Phantom costumes - real and replicas 1 - Page 11 Appliques1
(Jacket not yet butchered in this photo)

Phantom costumes - real and replicas 1 - Page 11 Appliques2

Phantom costumes - real and replicas 1 - Page 11 Beadtrim

Now - I just need to buy a bunch of pins and black thread... Smile

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomphan1992 Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:35 am

I'm seriously considering starting a Wishing Gown replica this summer. Right now, I'm in the process of narrowing down the patterns I've found that could work (since goodness knows I couldn't do it without patterns). I haven't found fabric I like yet, but hopefully once I decide whether or not I'm actually going to go through with it, I can start browsing more seriously.

Does anyone have any suggestions about... well, anything?
phantomphan1992
phantomphan1992

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:13 am

Looks awesome, MG! Very Happy

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:29 am

Madame, that is FANTASTIC! *le drool*

phantomphan1992, I would start by finding useable patterns to work with. Have you checked Truly Victorian? Stuff like their dinner bodice (TV422) and trained skirt ensemble TV208 could be good starting points:

http://trulyvictorian.com/catalog/catalog1.html
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 34 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next