Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the Phantom world, who would you like to know/contact...

4 posters

Go down

In the Phantom world, who would you like to know/contact... Empty In the Phantom world, who would you like to know/contact...

Post  Bunvendor Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:15 pm

I know that a lot of people here are friends with phantom stars, but if you could know/contact any, who would they be...?
OG
Bunvendor
Bunvendor

Back to top Go down

In the Phantom world, who would you like to know/contact... Empty Re: In the Phantom world, who would you like to know/contact...

Post  operafantomet Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:44 pm

Ya know, those I want to contact, I contact. They might or might not answer, that's their prerogative.

But I'm still might angry with myself for never contacting Maria Bjørnson or Nelly Vágó (Hungarian Phantom costume designer) before they died. I have tons of question to ask both of them, which others can just give me partly answers to. Neutral
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

In the Phantom world, who would you like to know/contact... Empty Re: In the Phantom world, who would you like to know/contact...

Post  Bunvendor Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:50 pm

operafantomet wrote:Ya know, those I want to contact, I contact. They might or might not answer, that's their prerogative.
Thats essentially what I do! The problem is, I don't know how to contact some of them. How do you contact people?
A lot of them who I would want to contact are people I have met, but haven't had time to properly talk to. Here are the peeps I would like to contact:
Sofia Escobar (met)
Sierra Boggess (met)
Robyn North (met)
Gina Beck
JOJ (met)
Katie Hall (but not via her Majesty's Theatre)
Scott Davies (I would especially want to contact him, but not via her majesty's)
Juan Carlos Barona
Flemming Enevold
Perhaps Mike Sterling, Matthew Cammelle and Dave Willetts.
If anybody knew how to contact any of these, I would be very grateful.
Out of interest, who would you lot contact if you could?
OG

Bunvendor
Bunvendor

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:01 pm

I must admit I try and keep it professional, by contacting them by letter or email through the theatre where they're currently working. That is, if they don't have a professional web site with contact info. That's number one for me. Number two, where they work.

In some cases I've contacted people by messaging them on FB, though they're not on my friend list. But I must admit it feels like crossing the professional and private sphere. It leaves me somewhat uncomfortable, unless it's something to their benefit. An example: a highly profiled London cast member had an all-open FB profile. Wall, pictures, friend list, everything. It looked like it should be a closed one, based on some of the stuff that was written, and when I contacted the person, my suspicions were confirmed. They had no idea everyone could see what they wrote. In that instance I didn't feel bad for messaging them. But when it comes to "gushing" and searching for specific information, I'm a lot more hesitant. FB is still private to me.

Twitter, on the other hand... Have you tried that? I know at least Katie Hall is very active there, and she has an all-open Twitter account. Which I think she means to have. That probably goes for many of the others as well, but I'm not on Twitter so I don't keep track of too many. I mostly follow my boss, Rebecca Caine and Katie Hall... But I definitely think you could try Katie Hall via that.

As for Flemming Enevold, he has contact info in his FB site (which is mostly used for professional stuff):
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001480603998&sk=info

Anyhow... whatever your aim is for contacting people, remember the golden rule:
K.I.S.S: Keep It Simple, Stupid! Laughing

Avoid long novels about why Phantom is your life, or nerdy details like why that little dot was present in some part of the costume/mask/set/whatever (I'm guilty of that in the past, I admit it....). Ask your question(s), compliment them if you think they were outstanding, and be polite overall. They are strangers, after all.

But more than anything: remember that it's optional for them to answer you. You might find it rude, unfair or mean, but really - it's their prerogative. It is of course most polite to give an answer, but if they don't it really is OK.
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Porteña Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:19 pm

Rebecca Caine, just for the laughs.

operafantomet wrote:
In some cases I've contacted people by messaging them on FB, though they're not on my friend list. But I must admit it feels like crossing the professional and private sphere. It leaves me somewhat uncomfortable, unless it's something to their benefit.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I know it's not the same, but right now, I'm even a bit unconfortable stage-dooring (which is weird, as it didn't happen to me before).
Porteña
Porteña

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:29 am

the guy who is now incharge of overseeing Maria's designs in future productions and maintaining current ones. I so can;t remember his name. He I think is credited somewhere in the Vegas brochure, not sure if it was the same guy who adapted the concert. So many questions about the set to ask.
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down