Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask Brianne Kelly Morgan

+8
SenorSwanky
Christine's Shadow
PhantomofPhoenix
LisaL
meglett
Raphael
ladygodiva
operafantomet
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ask Brianne Kelly Morgan Empty Ask Brianne Kelly Morgan

Post  operafantomet Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:04 am

We've been fortunate enough to have Brianne Kelly Morgan with us both on old POL and on this board. On POL there were a topic for asking questions to her. It's time to revive that. If you have any questions about "Phantom - the Vegas Spectacular", how it was to originate the role of Meg in the revised version, general questions about performing, or updates on what Cheeky the Monkey is up to, Brianne is your gal!

For obvious reasons not all questions can be answered: secrets of POTO, personal life of co-players, ALW/RUG related stuff etc. Although you are free to ask, you might not ret a reply. Just so that is stated in advance.

Last edited by operafantomet on Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Editing the title, to include full name)
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Ask Brianne Kelly Morgan Empty Re: Ask Brianne Kelly Morgan

Post  ladygodiva Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:59 pm

Dear Brianne, thank you for taking the time out for us.

How long does it take you to physically and vocally warm up,?

What is your favorite costume?

How often does Giliane Lynne stop by, and is she as spunky and upbeat as she seems in interviews.?

Do you play Meg who is someone who knows a little more about the Phantom than most

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:27 am

ladygodiva wrote:
How often does Giliane Lynne stop by, and is she as spunky and upbeat as she seems in interviews.?
I wanna know that too! I luuuv me some Gillian Lynne. Laughing
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:25 pm

Brianne - Most Megs I've seen in the past tend to blend into the background as more or less a "named extra," but your Meg stands out as having much more to her character even when she's not the focus of the scene. What did you do in order to develop/shape the character's personality since I imagine the show's book doesn't give you much to work with?

sincerely,
Butch Manly
President of the Meg Giry Testosterone Brigade
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  meglett Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:02 pm

ladygodiva wrote:Dear Brianne, thank you for taking the time out for us.

How long does it take you to physically and vocally warm up,?

What is your favorite costume?

Do you play Meg who is someone who knows a little more about the Phantom than most
Usually I get to the theatre around 5:30 and start stretching before I start with makeup. I do vocal warm ups in the shower before work and on the way to the theatre.

I LOVE my Masquerade costume! It's so beautiful and has so much detail to it. It was my first fully completed costume during the beginnings of the show. When I tried it on, the 5 people who worked on it in the costume shop wanted to see it on me. They were very happy with how it turned out, and I love the way it fits and looks.

Gillian doesn't come by to often due to the fact that she still lives in England. The last time we saw her was the end of 2008. She is a wonderful woman to work with. She is just as active and bright as those interviews. She always makes us laugh when she's around. I'm honored to work with her.
meglett
meglett

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaL Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:51 pm

Hi Brianne I just wanted to welcome you to the board. I finally got to see the show this year in August I would be back alot more but due to the fact I live in Ireland it will have to wait till next year Sad
My question is how do you keep your performation of Meg fresh with two shows daily and also being in the show so long.
Also what is your favourite song and scene in the show with Meg and without Meg?
LisaL
LisaL

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:50 pm

Dear Brianne;

Thank you once again, does the Vegas weather affect your performances, I heard it is a lot tougher vocally, is it also tougher physically.

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomofPhoenix Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Hi Brianne!
I just wanted to ask a quick question. While I have now viewed the Vegas production seven times, I noticed something that I hadn't before, I notice that that the Masquerade dummies are actually moving. And by moving I mean that I saw them slide across the staircase and off to the sides. Can you confirm this for me? Just to make sure my eyes are not deceiving me. Thank you!

PhantomofPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  meglett Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:38 pm

Raphael wrote:Brianne - Most Megs I've seen in the past tend to blend into the background as more or less a "named extra," but your Meg stands out as having much more to her character even when she's not the focus of the scene. What did you do in order to develop/shape the character's personality since I imagine the show's book doesn't give you much to work with?

sincerely,
Butch Manly
President of the Meg Giry Testosterone Brigade
First of all, let me start this topic off correctly.
I was on vacation when this started, so I couldn't take as much time as I wanted to to write responses to your questions. Thanks, to Anea for creating this topic and thank you to all of you who I've talked to since POL and when that went down, directed me to here in the beginning of DP. It's been a pleasure to be talking with some great "phans" and I'm looking forward to continuing the conversations.

Now, back to "Butch's" question. Meg was hard for me to get the hang of. Usually, I'm a very perky person and I love being a quirky, fun loving kind of character. However, when I got to the rehearsals of PLV, I found out that Gillian and Hal had two different views of the character. Gillian wanted a little, impish, ballerina that didn't get into too much trouble. Hal wanted a nosy, fire cracker that knew too much and yet not enough. So when I had a rehearsal with either one of them I was pulled in two directions. Finally, after the show opened, I started to find my way to MY Meg. After a couple of visits, I finally got the thumbs up from Gillian and Hal. I think I have it a little easier than other Meg's in the fact that we started basically from scratch when I started the show, and everyone was able to put their own spin on the characters with the originator's blessings. It brought new life to the show, I think. I personally don't like watching people who just stand there and do their job with no personality or energy behind it. I've always been taught to play to the back row of the balcony. If you have no life in your performance, then you'll only reach the front row.
meglett
meglett

Back to top Go down

Post  meglett Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:48 pm

LisaL wrote:Hi Brianne I just wanted to welcome you to the board. I finally got to see the show this year in August I would be back alot more but due to the fact I live in Ireland it will have to wait till next year Sad
My question is how do you keep your performation of Meg fresh with two shows daily and also being in the show so long.
Also what is your favourite song and scene in the show with Meg and without Meg?
Performing the two shows are only hard if I've had a long day. However, the Phantom Theatre is kind of my happy place. I've gone into work more than once after a bad day, and it's made me happy to perform and give someone else a reason to smile. Also, coffee, chocolate, and good laughs make it easier too. Wink

Favorite song with Meg...Hmm. That would have to be Masquerade. I just love the fact that all the ensemble can create that wonderful sound. After the dance break, and all the cast comes on the stairs, turns around and starts singing together, It's a wonderful feeling to hear that wall of sound come blasting behind me. I'm on the 5th stair with some of the dancers, Christine and Raoul in front of me, so a majority of the cast is behind me.

Favorite without Meg...Final Lair. Without a doubt, this is the scene that made me fall in love with Phantom all those years ago when I heard the soundtrack and later on saw the LA leg of the first tour. It's such a powerful scene and it always gets me chocked up if done right. There are nights that I'll be on the travelator watching the scene unfold and forget that I have to still climb down the portculus, get the cape off and do my mask thing without tears in my eyes. LOL!
meglett
meglett

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine's Shadow Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:28 am

Hey Brianne! Thanks so much for taking time out to answer all of our questions. Very Happy

Since having started college (I'm studying musical theatre), we've been encouraged by ALL of our professors to find a way to disconnect from both the program and later, should we be hired in shows after graduating or even just shows our program does, continue to find that disconnect and not completely be consumed by either the shows or program.

My question is, do you find you have to find that way to disconnect after every single show, do you find it easy to slip from character after playing it as long as you have, or does it go back and forth?

thanks again Smile
Christine's Shadow
Christine's Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  meglett Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:23 am

ladygodiva wrote:Dear Brianne;

Thank you once again, does the Vegas weather affect your performances, I heard it is a lot tougher vocally, is it also tougher physically.
We have a thing in Vegas called Vegas Throat. It's very dry and I have humidifiers in my place to help keep everything nice and cool. It's hot here, and there's no secret about that, but the thing that people don't tell you is that sometimes when we do get rain in the monsoon season, the theatre gets sooooo muggy. Those are the days that I feel horrible wearing my Masquerade and climber costumes. The climber costume is the worst. I have the shirt, tights, vest, cordoroy pants, leg warmers, knit sleeves, leather gloves, and a knit snood. It's not the coolest thing to wear when you're so close to the lights, you can touch them. :s
meglett
meglett

Back to top Go down

Post  meglett Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:25 am

PhantomofPhoenix wrote:Hi Brianne!
I just wanted to ask a quick question. While I have now viewed the Vegas production seven times, I noticed something that I hadn't before, I notice that that the Masquerade dummies are actually moving. And by moving I mean that I saw them slide across the staircase and off to the sides. Can you confirm this for me? Just to make sure my eyes are not deceiving me. Thank you!
Yes, some of the dummy's move on tracks built into the stairs. It's suppose to build on that idea that the dummy's are part of the Masquerade.
meglett
meglett

Back to top Go down

Post  meglett Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:33 am

Christine's Shadow wrote: My question is, do you find you have to find that way to disconnect after every single show, do you find it easy to slip from character after playing it as long as you have, or does it go back and forth?
I find it easy to slip into character. I'm not all that big on "method acting". It's good for some people, but like you've said it's hard to get back into your own life if you do it too much. I don't know if it's because I did ballet for so many years before musical theatre, but I find that when I'm on stage, I live like Meg. The minute I hit the end of the wing, I'm back to me. If you see me backstage after the Dressing Room scene, I'm in my room watching Hulu, sewing, or talking to Tina, Lackey or anyone in the ensemble. I usually am talking to the stage manager before I run out and do my scream in Don Juan. Sure, I need to have a small moment to gather myself before running out there, but I find that it's important to detach yourself from the project. Especially since Phantom can be so dark if you stay in it too long.
meglett
meglett

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:49 am

Have you gone through several wigs the time you've been in Phantom in Las Vegas? And do you alternate between different wigs, or do they set the wig for several performances and re-do it when you're off?
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:24 pm

Dear Brianne, thank you once again for taking the time

I have a few more questions,

when you auditioned what did you sing

what role in any play or musical would you love to perform?

what do you do to relax

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  meglett Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:54 pm

Here are my responses. Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXEZABIrYlg
meglett
meglett

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:59 pm

That was awesome. You're such a cutie.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:05 am

Thank you Brianne for taking your time out for us, I just watched your you tube reply thank you,

behind you on the top shelf is that the Phantom of the Opera Mattel Phantom and Christine, and I noticed that you have some phantom of the opera music boxes, good for you

I hope you do get to play Christine, I have never got to see the Vegas Spectacular yet, I heard that you are a phoenominal (I am not sure of spelling) Meg.

do you sign your old ballet slippers and auction them off for charity?

one more question about your wigs in Vegas, are they real hair or synthetic, (I am sure either way it is a small fortune, but if it is real hair, it would be a bigger fortune)

Who is your Ballerina Idol?

What is the most moving Ballet that you have been in?

Yes, you are a cutie

Last edited by ladygodiva on Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added)

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  IamErik771 Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:17 pm

Awesome video, Brianne! I second (or third?) the "cutie" sentiment posted above. Thank you for doing this for us! Very Happy (And I think you'd be great as Maria, Eliza, or Christine in the future as well. ^_^)

I was wondering... What was your first experience with "Phantom?" Had you seen the show or any movie versions or read the novel before you auditioned for the Vegas production?
IamErik771
IamErik771

http://iamerik771.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaL Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:42 pm

Hi Brianne,

Thank you so so much for your video your a total sweetheart. I have some more questions....besides Phantom what is you favourite musical?
Who is your, favourite band, singer?

Thanks LisaL Very Happy
LisaL
LisaL

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:02 pm

I just visited your website, I thought how thrilling, you were in Nutcraker and Sleeping Beauty. and I loved that picture of you with Jillian Lynne, JUST ADORE HER,

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:13 am

meglett wrote:Here are my responses. Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXEZABIrYlg
You know darn well we're not tired of getting long replies from you! Laughing

But wow, one wig for 24 shows. That's quality curls. Want!
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  meglett Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:07 am

Here is the next installment of me answering your questions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-pd9rVsAwk

When I get back home, I'll put up part 2 and because of computer difficulties, I'll finish the questions tomorrow.
meglett
meglett

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:41 am

IamErik771 wrote:Awesome video, Brianne! I second (or third?) the "cutie" sentiment posted above. Thank you for doing this for us! Very Happy (And I think you'd be great as Maria, Eliza, or Christine in the future as well. ^_^)

I was wondering... What was your first experience with "Phantom?" Had you seen the show or any movie versions or read the novel before you auditioned for the Vegas production?
My question is sort of an extension of IamErik771's. What made you a fan of Phantom prior to becoming part of the Las Vegas production? What is it about the story that captured you?

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaL Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:38 pm

Just watched Part 1 can't wait for Part 2!!! I love your long answers and cant wait for more Smile

PS 1 more question have you read the Susan Kay novel if yes what did you think of it?

LisaL
LisaL
LisaL

Back to top Go down

Post  Princess Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:28 pm

Hi Brianne! :-) When did you start your ballet and singing and acting training and what inspired you to do so?
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:34 pm

I love that Heindel poster too! It's the pride of my (admittedly meager) collection.

~LCD

LadyCDaae

http://musicalhell.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  meglett Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:48 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnm0aUr8Kwg
Part 2.
meglett
meglett

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:04 pm

Thank you Brianne, I just saw your 2nd video, Yay to Your Mom for Loving Michael Crawford so, I agree with her, the main one to measure all phantoms by.

I agree with you on the Romeo and Juliet Ballet being moving, I find it more moving than the original spoken Shakespeare play and the West side Story, (Although both are moving.)

And I love it when you talk about Gillian Lynne, she is my hero, I absolutely adore her, I love how she mentions the ballerinas, when Phantom opened in Toronto Gillian was interviewed by another former Prima Ballerina, and she mentioned how the differences in the training, and she said that the little darlings still (Stamps her foot)..

I do hope you get to play Christine, I have not seen you as Meg yet, but, by the time I get to Vegas, hopefully you will be Christine.

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next