Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour

+61
phantom5251
Riene
RichardN86
Irina de France
ChristineDaae1982
Phantomess
Scorp
todaaefor
mesadallas
demonsmoke
Countess of Rothes
MarySkater
SenorSwanky
LadyCDaae
jennyfair
FdelOpera
Bric
Modern Myth
ianjonbourgandethanfreema
lonely nightingale
MasqPhan
Brandon1351
Phantour
Paula74
stephantom53
phantom10906
ladygodiva
CrimsonAvenger
Mme Reyer
EarlFan
London-Phan
sk8phan
justin-from-barbados
NightRachel
Raphael
operafantomet
Callie Daae
Masqueradelove
LiQuiD DiAmOnD
AngelOfMusic325
Becky
AlwaysChristine
purplehaze93
Viscountess
InkedAlchemist
robhawkins
Cape Twirl of Doom
ravnquest1
phan101
alaron
ML6
Reverie
thegenuinebeauty
MajesticPhantom
mona lisa
Stephanie
auctioneer
Madame Giry
Phantom on a Budget
alaron4
StrangerThanUDreamt
65 posters

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour - Page 16 Empty Re: The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour

Post  Masqueradelove Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:08 pm

i just saw phantom last night Samantha Hill was Christine ans an understudy was playing the phantom it was perfect
Masqueradelove
Masqueradelove

Back to top Go down

The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour - Page 16 Empty Re: The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour

Post  SenorSwanky Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:09 pm

k which understudy was it omg
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:25 pm

SenorSwanky wrote:k which understudy was it omg
I think Jeremy Stolle, as he announced on Twitter he was to play both the Phantom and Raoul in the near future. On the same day, even? But obviously not on the same performance...
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:34 am

http://playbill.com/news/article/175367-Andrew-Lloyd-Webber-and-Cameron-Mackintosh-to-Bring-Revised-Phantom-to-US-in-November

Looks like my source was correct about the November start date; Providence, RI will be the first city among 20, to host the new tour
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  Masqueradelove Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:40 pm

SenorSwanky wrote:k which understudy was it omg

Paul A Schaefer
Kyle Barsich was Raoul
Christian Sebek Piangi
and Michelle McConell
as Carlotta
Masqueradelove
Masqueradelove

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:45 pm

I'm very jealous you caught Paul, he's very very hard to catch as the Phantom, what did you think? From what I heard he sounded like a younger (and albeit healthier) Tony Crivello; I hear Paul is a rather 'frisky' Phantom...
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  Masqueradelove Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:27 am

he had a lot of emotion in his voice he was really excellent
this was my first time seeing phantom on broadway i would love to see it again
Masqueradelove
Masqueradelove

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:18 pm

http://www.svtplay.se/klipp/1069704/peter-joback-som-fantomen-i-melodifestivalen

Broadways soon to be new Phantom performing MoTN at a concert from this past weekend, great capture, and very very happy hes sporting his London suit. They are so much more well tailored than the Broadways suits, here's to hoping Joback gets to use his London costumes on Broadway
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:00 pm

StrangerThanUDreamt wrote:http://www.svtplay.se/klipp/1069704/peter-joback-som-fantomen-i-melodifestivalen

Broadways soon to be new Phantom performing MoTN at a concert from this past weekend, great capture, and very very happy hes sporting his London suit. They are so much more well tailored than the Broadways suits, here's to hoping Joback gets to use his London costumes on Broadway

Very good, it's just a shame that he had to use the backing track rather than an actual orchestra because he has to keep up with the speed of the backing track where as with an orchestra he can do it at his own speed and i think would have been even better. Still liked it though. Very Happy
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:10 pm

Definite improvement over the 25th galas and probably the best clip I've heard of him thus far. He's not there yet for me, but he's certainly headed in the right direction and hopefully will continue to do so.

Anybody know how fluent Joback's English is and/or how much of an accent he speaks with? I ask because his nasal resonance is mostly pronounced on certain vowels-most notably "eh" and "ay"-and I'm wondering if there's dialect issues coming into play there.

~LCD

LadyCDaae

http://musicalhell.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:00 pm

BroadwayWorld has done a lovely tribute to Kevin Gray. Lots of excellent photos from his noteworthy career included.

~LCD

LadyCDaae

http://musicalhell.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:33 pm

LadyCDaae wrote:BroadwayWorld has done a lovely tribute to Kevin Gray. Lots of excellent photos from his noteworthy career included.

~LCD
He was in all ways way too young to die. I'm still in denial about this. Sad But a nice tribute.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:38 pm

Bleh. Don't think I'll ever be a Joback fan.

I still can't believe Kevin Gray is gone.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  Mme Reyer Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:03 pm

http://www.playbillstore.com/phofopbrmuco.html

New and available for purchase: Broadway's 25th anniversary brochure!
Mme Reyer
Mme Reyer

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:39 pm

The new pics of Peter should be coming out soon, there was a 'tease' of one of the shots floating around on FB, while I can't comment on the costumes (easiest way to tell if its the London one or not is look for the velvet cuffs) he is however sporting a new US style mask, which does make me rather happyas i Loathe the London style masks lately
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:19 pm

Beautiful photos. He looks the part. But once he opens his mouth.... :/
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:08 pm

Don;t seem to be using his London costumes, as much as I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Broadway production, their Phantom needs a new taylor.

I remember back in the day when it was part of the detail in the costume jacket that you saw alot of white cuff and it was well taylored giving it that bespoke look, not it just looks like an ill fitting suit from Target.

LOVING THE NYC MASK, wish they would send some over the pond for marcus
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  phantom10906 Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:11 pm

Love the pics of Joback(CLICK). Anyone know what the style of his mask is? Looks like a cross between Crivello and Cudia.
phantom10906
phantom10906

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=608426503#/profile.php?id

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:13 pm

It's the same mold they've been using on Broadway since Howard came back in '05...or somewhere around that time.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:55 am

justin-from-barbados wrote:Don;t seem to be using his London costumes, as much as I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Broadway production, their Phantom needs a new taylor.

I remember back in the day when it was part of the detail in the costume jacket that you saw alot of white cuff and it was well taylored giving it that bespoke look, not it just looks like an ill fitting suit from Target.

LOVING THE NYC MASK, wish they would send some over the pond for marcus

THANK YOU. For a while I thought I was the only one who thought the current Broadway suits where looking sloppy. I realize they are suppose to be of a looser-fit but it goes against what Bjornson and Crawford originally wanted when they created his suit. London's suit just looks so much cleaner and more crisp in overall appearance. I will say I love the mask, it does look very Crivello, however from an early shot he had a slightly different one on that looked like one of Cudia's..so it'll be interesting to see which they decide on.
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:33 pm

It kind of warms my heart to see that Hal Prince oversaw his rehearsals in the role. I wonder if he asked Hal to do that or Hal does that to every actor that they have playing the character on Broadway? Perhaps with Hal overseeing the rehearsal, Peter's Phantom will harken back to the old-school formula. (Not so his voice, but we'll see?)
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  Bric Thu May 02, 2013 8:38 am

ML6 wrote:It kind of warms my heart to see that Hal Prince oversaw his rehearsals in the role. I wonder if he asked Hal to do that or Hal does that to every actor that they have playing the character on Broadway? Perhaps with Hal overseeing the rehearsal, Peter's Phantom will harken back to the old-school formula. (Not so his voice, but we'll see?)

In a NPR Arts article, April 6, this year (2013), the writer said, "... I attended the 25th-anniversary performance of The Phantom of the Opera, now ranked as Broadway's longest-running musical ever. The show was in great shape — in some respects maybe better than when it opened — and I asked the Phantom's legendary director, Hal Prince, how often he came to see it in a year, expecting him to say once or twice. His answer surprised me.

"I see the show probably at least a dozen times a year, but I rehearse them four times a year," Prince says. "And it's a hell of a happy responsibility, you know what I mean? I'm very grateful for it."

http://m.npr.org/news/Arts+%26+Life/175954357
Bric
Bric

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu May 02, 2013 6:20 pm

Bric wrote:
ML6 wrote:It kind of warms my heart to see that Hal Prince oversaw his rehearsals in the role. I wonder if he asked Hal to do that or Hal does that to every actor that they have playing the character on Broadway? Perhaps with Hal overseeing the rehearsal, Peter's Phantom will harken back to the old-school formula. (Not so his voice, but we'll see?)

In a NPR Arts article, April 6, this year (2013), the writer said, "... I attended the 25th-anniversary performance of The Phantom of the Opera, now ranked as Broadway's longest-running musical ever. The show was in great shape — in some respects maybe better than when it opened — and I asked the Phantom's legendary director, Hal Prince, how often he came to see it in a year, expecting him to say once or twice. His answer surprised me.

"I see the show probably at least a dozen times a year, but I rehearse them four times a year," Prince says. "And it's a hell of a happy responsibility, you know what I mean? I'm very grateful for it."

Wow, that's more than I thought. And it makes me very happy.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Thu May 02, 2013 8:33 pm

operafantomet wrote:
Bric wrote:

Wow, that's more than I thought. And it makes me very happy.

Makes me happy too! Aw, I have so much love for Hal. My life won't be complete until I meet him.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  robhawkins Fri May 03, 2013 8:45 pm

I did meet Hal and it was magical. At the 20th anniversary performance he was sitting five seats to my left. I came as the Phantom in an okay replica costume with hat and cloak and when he walked by at the intermission he looked down, smiled and said "well young man I guess I messed you up". The look on my face must have told him I took him seriously because he laughed and offered me a drink downstairs during the intermission where we chatted. I think he was interested to talk to someone who'd seen the show about 30 times live as a fan.

robhawkins

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Sat May 04, 2013 9:05 pm

robhawkins wrote:I did meet Hal and it was magical. At the 20th anniversary performance he was sitting five seats to my left. I came as the Phantom in an okay replica costume with hat and cloak and when he walked by at the intermission he looked down, smiled and said "well young man I guess I messed you up". The look on my face must have told him I took him seriously because he laughed and offered me a drink downstairs during the intermission where we chatted. I think he was interested to talk to someone who'd seen the show about 30 times live as a fan.

*starts sputtering*

Oh goodness! That is so cool to have a drink with Hal Prince!
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  robhawkins Tue May 07, 2013 11:51 pm

Got a question concerning tickets sales. Say I want to attend a show on a Wednesday night in June (2 tickets must be together). And would prefer something orchestra no further back than S, sides are fine. What would you suggest is the most cost effective way to do it? TSTK booth? Or is that too risky? Something online has to be cheaper than telecharge I would think.

robhawkins

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Wed May 08, 2013 3:05 am

robhawkins wrote:Got a question concerning tickets sales. Say I want to attend a show on a Wednesday night in June (2 tickets must be together). And would prefer something orchestra no further back than S, sides are fine. What would you suggest is the most cost effective way to do it? TSTK booth? Or is that too risky? Something online has to be cheaper than telecharge I would think.

Strangely enough, I've read many-o-case where people have gone up there the day of the performance and found something cheap. I also know (closer to the month) BroadwayBox.com has really good discounts for tickets as low as 40, and orchestra/main floor as 80. So you can always try that too!
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Fri May 10, 2013 6:23 pm

There's been videos of Peter Jöback as the Phantom posted on YouTube, if you just search Peter Jöback on there and they'll come up. Voice wise I think he has improved even more since London but to be honest alot of his acting doesn't seem to be as good in most scenes as it was in London but I personally think that's because they're very strict on the staging in the broadway production, it seems as if he doesn't have as much freedom as he did in London. For example Wandering Child was one of my favourite parts of Peters performance in London, he used to come out of the cross with his back facing the audience and then peer back over his shoulder watching Christine as she was about to exit the stage then he slowly turns on his heels to face her as he starts singing, then when he sings 'Angel of music' he leans right forward and reaches out to her and then on bravo Monsieur he swirls his cloak and the skull staff seems to just appear in his hands. But in the Broadway version he just comes out of the cross and stands there holding the staff and starts singing. His final lair is still very good though. Smile
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Fri May 10, 2013 8:48 pm

He's acting the hell out of the role. It's gorgeous. Love seeing work like that from an actor.
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next