Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phantom items for sale (non ebay)

+11
EarlFan
SenorSwanky
MasqPhan
Loettchen
PhantomsGhost
Scorp
operafantomet
Raphael
Devon
Madame Giry
Bunvendor
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Phantom items for sale (non ebay) - Page 2 Empty Re: Phantom items for sale (non ebay)

Post  Devon Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:58 pm

phantomgirl110 wrote:It's hugely expensive for a book, but my parents have been nagging me because I haven't given them enough ideas for Christmas presents...perhaps I could ask for this as, you know, several presents in one? It could work...

Devon, do you know if there's any forseeable danger of the book becomming unavailable anytime soon? By forseeable I mean a danger other than the powers that be making trouble over it? It's not going to sell out or anything, is it?

I don't see that happening. I don't see copies running out. I know many are worried that RUG is going to find out and interfere. However, Marcus got around this by saying this was a private edition and dedicated to the individuals who were a part of the first year. So I wouldn't worry about it! :-)
Devon
Devon

http://devonsdomain.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Phantom items for sale (non ebay) - Page 2 Empty Re: Phantom items for sale (non ebay)

Post  ML6 Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:13 pm

I'll buy this book after the holidays. I'm still Christmas shopping for other people. If I buy anything for myself I'm going to feel guilty.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  Devon Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:17 pm

ML6 wrote:I'll buy this book after the holidays. I'm still Christmas shopping for other people. If I buy anything for myself I'm going to feel guilty.

Yeah I'm in the same boat right now! I figure after the holidays is perfect to buy this for myself but before the holidays money is always tight....
Devon
Devon

Back to top Go down

Post  Loettchen Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:40 am

Madame Giry wrote:Loettchen, if you go to the link that Devon posted for the book and click on the cover of the book you can get a preview of the book's contents. It might take some time to load, but the preview includes photos that were in the original edition, as well as new color images.

~Madame~

Thanks, Madame! In retrospect, I was probably better off not knowing! It looks amazing! Don't know if I can resist.
Loettchen
Loettchen

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:26 pm

Loettchen wrote:
Madame Giry wrote:Loettchen, if you go to the link that Devon posted for the book and click on the cover of the book you can get a preview of the book's contents. It might take some time to load, but the preview includes photos that were in the original edition, as well as new color images.

~Madame~

Thanks, Madame! In retrospect, I was probably better off not knowing! It looks amazing! Don't know if I can resist.

I finally got my copy today, even though it was dispatched a month ago -- it gets delivered by UPS so they keep insisting on someone being at the door to collect it, and I was never in before. Anyway, YOU WILL ALL WANT THIS BOOK. A lot of it is the same as the older edition (which I would still keep, BTW), but the extra colour photos in the second half of backstage and private parties etc make this worth it. It's the next best thing after a time machine to see what it was all like at Her Majesty's back in 1986.
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:26 pm

Yeah, rub it in... Laughing Everyone keeps saying OMG GET THIS BOOK, but there's no way I can afford it any time soon. Baaah. But glad to hear everyone is so happy with it. Any pics/scans I ought to see, apart from the Hannibal rehearsal ones?
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:42 am

I'd wager you'd want to see the original London costume test shots. I believe every single costume is accounted for, but (truth be told) they're kinda small - 4 to a page - and not from every angle.

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:51 am

Raphael wrote:I'd wager you'd want to see the original London costume test shots. I believe every single costume is accounted for, but (truth be told) they're kinda small - 4 to a page - and not from every angle.

R.

Yeah, the minute I saw those pages I thought of operafantomet. It'd be like her crack. ;-)

BTW, is there at all any explanation for that bizarre cake that MC is presented with? The one where it's shaped like a bodice except the breasts are exposed?! Laughing
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomsGhost Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:03 pm

I also thought of operafantomet when I saw those costume pics.

Boob cake. Yeah, that cracked me up. Didn't that have something to do with some of the Christmas backstage pics? (Don't have the book in front of me atm)

PhantomsGhost
PhantomsGhost

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:21 pm

Scorp wrote:Yeah, the minute I saw those pages I thought of operafantomet. It'd be like her crack. ;-)
PhantomsGhost wrote:I also thought of operafantomet when I saw those costume pics.
Should I feel honoured or be embarrassed? Laughing Laughing
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:25 pm

operafantomet wrote:
Scorp wrote:Yeah, the minute I saw those pages I thought of operafantomet. It'd be like her crack. ;-)
PhantomsGhost wrote:I also thought of operafantomet when I saw those costume pics.
Should I feel honoured or be embarrassed? Laughing Laughing

Lady, you should be honored! These pictures give you a better glimpse of details in the costume and the overall look. Its better than the pictures in the dark of the theatre. But as they said, they're small.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomsGhost Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:48 pm

Thought I'd throw this in here in case anyone is interested. The playbill for the 10,000th performance for $10.00:

http://www.playbillstore.com/phofop10peli.html
PhantomsGhost
PhantomsGhost

Back to top Go down

Phantom items for sale (non ebay) - Page 2 Empty The First Year Backstage:Private Edition

Post  bennyboy Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:45 am

Just bought The First Year Backstage: Private Edition book by Marcus Tylor. Quite pricey as they have to be individually produced etc but very good. Here's the link http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2687352

It really is worth getting as the previous black and white pictures are a lot better quality and the colour photos are excellent too. Added to this a few of the members of the cast have contributed with memories and stories. My favourite is Paul Arden Griffith who played the original Monsieur Reyer. He talks quite candidly about the audition process and has quite a few funny backstage stories.

bennyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:09 am

Merging the new Tylor book topic with this one. Partly because there's some insightful comments on the book here already, and partly because we pretend to keep the book under the radar, so that RUG will not see it and stop it. Like they haven't seen it long ago... Laughing
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:04 pm

Does anyone know if there's any pics in the book of James Patterson as the Phantom? I think I'm going to buy this book anyway but that would make it even better.
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  bennyboy Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:51 pm

No, he's not in as the Phantom but there are a few of him as various characters as well as some impressive ones as Don Attilio

bennyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Devon Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:26 am

London-Phan wrote:Does anyone know if there's any pics in the book of James Patterson as the Phantom? I think I'm going to buy this book anyway but that would make it even better.

I messaged Marcus to see if he has any (that he didn't include in this last edition of his book). I'll let you know what I find out! :-)
Devon
Devon

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:04 am

Devon wrote:
London-Phan wrote:Does anyone know if there's any pics in the book of James Patterson as the Phantom? I think I'm going to buy this book anyway but that would make it even better.

I messaged Marcus to see if he has any (that he didn't include in this last edition of his book). I'll let you know what I find out! :-)

Brilliant, that's very kind of you. Thanks Very Happy
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  Devon Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:50 am

London-Phan wrote:
Devon wrote:

Brilliant, that's very kind of you. Thanks Very Happy

Marcus contacted me back and said the following:

"There are quite a few of him in colour in the second book but not as the Phantom. I remember him going on once in the part in '87. There was talk of doing a session with him back then, but it never happened."

So I guess Marcus doesn't have any pictures... :-(
Devon
Devon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2