Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phantom Props! + Hey I'm new!!

+10
Phantom on a Budget
operafantomet
Cape Twirl of Doom
SenorSwanky
Paula74
MasqPhan
Devon
ravnquest1
Raphael
Bunvendor
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Phantom Props! + Hey I'm new!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Phantom Props! + Hey I'm new!!

Post  Devon Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:19 am

operafantomet wrote:Yeah, why they allow the West End Red Death mask to be as it is (I think it's still gaping). The mouth moves somewhat, but the starting position is still a big grin, so you barely see it. I'm tempted to think it's a construction flaw with the newest mask, and that they just don't think the detail important enough to make a new mask. I don't know if it's fixed now, but it wasn't when I saw it back in December 2009. By then it had been like that for some years. Very, very strange.

Anyway... I know some fans scored cool stuff at the Broadway flea market. Including a Don Juan goblet and an apron from the Il Muto ballet costumes! I am so jealous!

I saw the pictures of those items from the flea market on Facebook, very envious myself! I keep telling my husband that we NEED to get over to New York for the flea market one of these years!!!!!!
Devon
Devon

http://devonsdomain.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Phantom Props! + Hey I'm new!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Phantom Props! + Hey I'm new!!

Post  Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:29 am

Now I have to go check FB....in 8 hours....

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunvendor Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:04 pm

operafantomet wrote:Yeah, why they allow the West End Red Death mask to be as it is (I think it's still gaping). The mouth moves somewhat, but the starting position is still a big grin, so you barely see it. I'm tempted to think it's a construction flaw with the newest mask, and that they just don't think the detail important enough to make a new mask. I don't know if it's fixed now, but it wasn't when I saw it back in December 2009. By then it had been like that for some years. Very, very strange.

Anyway... I know some fans scored cool stuff at the Broadway flea market. Including a Don Juan goblet and an apron from the Il Muto ballet costumes! I am so jealous!

Yeah I saw the show on July 29 2011 and despite it being crazy amazing, the red death mask is still the same, which is a shame as the rest of the costume was awsome, I wonder if Scott Davies has a similar mask problem. Devon, you sid there were pictures on facebook of the flea market, which facebook page was this???

Keep the props coming, I wanna see some pictures people, here is an interesting thought, anyone own a fire cane?

Also, a new mini thread, which props, if you could get them, would you want? And be specific, add a picture or two if you want!:
Mine would be these:
Mark McKerracher's mask ( I have contacted Mark before and he is a legend but I don't know if he got to keep it.)
Peter Karrie's mask (Toronto or Vancouver that is)
Michael Crawford's cape
Earl Carpenter's deformity (or a Canadian one perhaps)
Dave Willets' and Scott Davies' Red Deaths.
JOJ's original Mandarin suit (and hat!)
Ramin Karimloo's fedora

I would love those! If anyone has any masks, capes, deformities (that would be cool), Red death related items, mandarin suits (or most of the phantom's costumes), or fedoras, then PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PPLLLEEAAASSEEE!!!!! SEND ME A MESSAGE!!! (okay, maybe a few too many pleases but you get the picture!In fact contact me about any props)

Kind Regards to all,
OG
Bunvendor
Bunvendor

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantomlove Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:59 pm

One prop that I really would like to have is the Hannibal poster. I've always had a thing for it. I would like to hang it on my wall.

Phantomlove

http://siggesot.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cape Twirl of Doom Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:40 pm

Phantomlove wrote:One prop that I really would like to have is the Hannibal poster. I've always had a thing for it. I would like to hang it on my wall.

Seriously!? Wow, we actually had that for sale at the flea market yesterday. It sold for $500.
Cape Twirl of Doom
Cape Twirl of Doom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:42 pm

Damn it....you're killin' me, Smalls....

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunvendor Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:45 pm

phantomfett wrote:Damn it....you're killin' me, Smalls....

so phantomfett and cape twirl of doom, what would your top 5 dream props/costumes be?
Bunvendor
Bunvendor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:48 pm

hmmm....

Ian Jon Bourg mask
Kevin Gray mask
MC Red Death costume
Phantom cape
PONR cloak

Back to top Go down

Post  Cape Twirl of Doom Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:56 pm

thephanfullerton wrote:
phantomfett wrote:Damn it....you're killin' me, Smalls....

so phantomfett and cape twirl of doom, what would your top 5 dream props/costumes be?

Well, from my name you can tell I love the cape, so that & Hugh's mask would be my dream props. The Red Death mask from the Broadway production is also a favorite of mine, I love how the jaw moves.
Cape Twirl of Doom
Cape Twirl of Doom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunvendor Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:10 pm

I would agree with both of you! I would love a cape, Hugh and IJB masks Michael's red death, but not quite so much Kevin Gray's mask as I disliked his phantom, but any mask will do!
Bunvendor
Bunvendor

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:37 pm

My favorite prop that I do have (and I don't have many) would be the green feather pen that the Phantom uses while composing.

What I'd love to have...

The Manager's Desk and chair. I love that sort of furniture. I'd have to sacrifice my bedroom to accommodate it, but it would be worth the sacrifice.
Madame Giry's chatelaine - I've always liked those things and would love to actually use one.
The three human skulls and pistol from the Auction - just because I love how the audience chuckles when those are presented
And, well, of course I'd love a mask...who wouldn't? And it goes without saying I'd love Hugh's, but I can't look at the mask without remembering the couple of times when he went on about how "sweaty and snotty and nasty" the inside was. Very Happy
Paula74
Paula74

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:29 pm

There are two costumes I always dreamed of owning - the blue Wishing dress Christine wears, and the Slavegirl costume from Hannibal. And now I actually own them both. Which I think is more awesome than anything else. They are both from the Hamburg production, from the early 90s. The blue Wishing dress was won on German eBay some years ago, while the Slavegirl costume comes from a woman working in the costume department at Neue Flora. I got it some months ago. I haven't put out good pictures of the Slavegirl one yet, but it's coming...

http://aneafiles.webs.com/hamburg/slavegirl.html
http://aneafiles.webs.com/hamburg/wishing.html

If I should list all the costumes I want, it would need several pages... Cause it includes at least 60% of what's seen on stage! So I won't. But as for props and minor items, I would LOVE:

*Christine's Aminta scarf. Though used briefly, they have gorgeous embroidery and fringes. I love them.
*A goblet from Don Juan. Yes, I know one was just for sale on eBay, but I wasn't willing to spend some $60 on one.
*A slavegirl tiara from Stockholm/Copenhagen. They're simply the coolest ones evvah.
*A candelabra from the Lair scene. Seriously. They rock. Minus the Aussie version. Not a fan of those.
*And of course an authentic mask. Any stage used mask would be cool. Even the hideous Essen ones.

"Dear Santa, I've been a.... ahem, fairly good girl this year...." Laughing
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Devon Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:54 pm

thephanfullerton wrote:

Yeah I saw the show on July 29 2011 and despite it being crazy amazing, the red death mask is still the same, which is a shame as the rest of the costume was awsome, I wonder if Scott Davies has a similar mask problem. Devon, you sid there were pictures on facebook of the flea market, which facebook page was this???

Keep the props coming, I wanna see some pictures people, here is an interesting thought, anyone own a fire cane?

Also, a new mini thread, which props, if you could get them, would you want? And be specific, add a picture or two if you want!:
Mine would be these:
Mark McKerracher's mask ( I have contacted Mark before and he is a legend but I don't know if he got to keep it.)
Peter Karrie's mask (Toronto or Vancouver that is)
Michael Crawford's cape
Earl Carpenter's deformity (or a Canadian one perhaps)
Dave Willets' and Scott Davies' Red Deaths.
JOJ's original Mandarin suit (and hat!)
Ramin Karimloo's fedora

I would love those! If anyone has any masks, capes, deformities (that would be cool), Red death related items, mandarin suits (or most of the phantom's costumes), or fedoras, then PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PPLLLEEAAASSEEE!!!!! SEND ME A MESSAGE!!! (okay, maybe a few too many pleases but you get the picture!In fact contact me about any props)

Kind Regards to all,
OG

Offhand, I can't remember what page on Facebook, it is someone's personal page whom I am friends with....
Devon
Devon

http://devonsdomain.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cape Twirl of Doom Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:25 pm

Oh, just remembered. We also had for sale Christine's blue shoes that she wears during "All I Ask of You." They were signed by Marni Raab. They were priced at $100 and did not sell (unless they were sold while I was at the grand auction.) So if there is someone here who would like those, for that price, I can check and see if they still have them.

Other items I know we still have available: the green quill pen the Phantom uses at the organ ($25), Christine's wedding bouquet ($125), and a white pair of Christine's shoes signed by Sara Jean Ford ($100.) I don't know what scene those were from.

PM me if interested.
Cape Twirl of Doom
Cape Twirl of Doom

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:28 am

I'd love one of Peter Karrie's masks from Toronto/Canadian tour, one of MC's original London or Broadway masks, and one of Dave Willets' masks from either London or the UK Tour...or even just replicas of these. I have a cast replica of Simon Tunkin's mask from Hamburg, and it fits my face perfectly, but it's not as aesthetically pleasing as those others.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:27 am

Bonnie,

pm sent

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomgirl110 Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:36 am

If I could have any prop from the show, I know immediately which one I'd go for: monkey music box! I'm crazy about that ugly little monkey. Others I'd go for are Madame Giry's pimp cane, the lantern the Phantom carries during the title song, a Don Juan Triumphant score, the Hannibal poster, as many lair candelabra as I could fit into my bedroom...
phantomgirl110
phantomgirl110

http://freewebs.com/little-meg

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:39 am

Cape Twirl of Doom wrote:Oh, just remembered. We also had for sale Christine's blue shoes that she wears during "All I Ask of You." They were signed by Marni Raab. They were priced at $100 and did not sell (unless they were sold while I was at the grand auction.) So if there is someone here who would like those, for that price, I can check and see if they still have them.

Other items I know we still have available: the green quill pen the Phantom uses at the organ ($25), Christine's wedding bouquet ($125), and a white pair of Christine's shoes signed by Sara Jean Ford ($100.) I don't know what scene those were from.

PM me if interested.
Ooooh, that's an offer I hope someone picks up on! Had I had the money I would have snatched several. Very Happy I would assume the white shoes are the dressing room/lair shoes? I can't think of any one scene Christine wears white ones. She use her black Aminta boots for the wedding dress, right?
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:48 am

phantomfett wrote:Bonnie,

pm sent

Sent one earlier to her on those items(not the white shoes). Wink
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:51 am

Cheryl,

pm me what you're after so I don't step on your toes there. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunvendor Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:39 am

cape twirl of doom, can you check the quill for me please?
Bunvendor
Bunvendor

Back to top Go down

Post  Cape Twirl of Doom Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:54 pm

thephanfullerton wrote:cape twirl of doom, can you check the quill for me please?
Sure! I will send you a PM later tonight.
Cape Twirl of Doom
Cape Twirl of Doom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunvendor Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:58 pm

Out of interst, does anyone have any of the phantom's costumes they would be prepared to sell?
Bunvendor
Bunvendor

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunvendor Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:10 pm

Hey all!
Just had a couple of questions- Anea, You said somewhere on your awsome hamburg promo vid that there was a canadian one, would it be possible to see it, if you have it that is?

Regards,
OG
Also, trying out a new colour, the excitement is brewing...!

Last edited by operafantomet on Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bootlegs not allowed in this forum)
Bunvendor
Bunvendor

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:19 pm

thephanfullerton wrote:Hey all!
Just had a couple of questions- Anea, You said somewhere on your awsome hamburg promo vid that there was a canadian one, would it be possible to see it, if you have it that is?

There is a documentary called (drumroll) "Behind the Mask", about the Toronto production. In this is a music video, where much of first act is compressed into the title song. It's lovely. I think it's in part 4 or 5, here's part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVoaExWJbzo

Be sure to check out the Barbie parody of the music video some cast members made - it's fantastic! But see if after you've seen the actual music video with Wilkinson/Caine...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH1H9iBhVlU
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunvendor Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:02 pm

Hey all!,
Does anyone own this Peter Karrie mask?
https://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa426/thephanfullerton/?action=view&current=tumblr_lpd3ppUNEG1qa8i57o1_500.jpg
https://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa426/thephanfullerton/?action=view&current=tumblr_lpd3ppUNEG1qa8i57o2_500.jpg
Please speak up!!!!!!!
Kind Regards,
OG
Bunvendor
Bunvendor

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:29 pm

thephanfullerton wrote:Hey all!,
Does anyone own this Peter Karrie mask?
https://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa426/thephanfullerton/?action=view&current=tumblr_lpd3ppUNEG1qa8i57o1_500.jpg
https://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa426/thephanfullerton/?action=view&current=tumblr_lpd3ppUNEG1qa8i57o2_500.jpg
Please speak up!!!!!!!
Kind Regards,
OG

It's mine.
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantom on a Budget Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:37 pm

I hate to be the Debbie Downer of the group, but the constant pleas to buy things are getting a little tiring. You'll find a lot of the folks in the POTO world do own things from the show, but are not likely or willing to sell. Patience and persistence is the key, not necessarily message-board advertising. Besides, there is a LONG list of phans already waiting for those opportunities, so you're not the only one.
Phantom on a Budget
Phantom on a Budget

http://www.phantomonabudget.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:56 pm

Phantom on a Budget wrote:I hate to be the Debbie Downer of the group, but the constant pleas to buy things are getting a little tiring. You'll find a lot of the folks in the POTO world do own things from the show, but are not likely or willing to sell. Patience and persistence is the key, not necessarily message-board advertising. Besides, there is a LONG list of phans already waiting for those opportunities, so you're not the only one.

Ditto this.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:29 am

Phantom on a Budget wrote:I hate to be the Debbie Downer of the group, but the constant pleas to buy things are getting a little tiring. You'll find a lot of the folks in the POTO world do own things from the show, but are not likely or willing to sell. Patience and persistence is the key, not necessarily message-board advertising. Besides, there is a LONG list of phans already waiting for those opportunities, so you're not the only one.

Agreed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next