Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

25th Anniversary Restaged Tour

+53
mona lisa
Masqueradelove
ianjonbourgandethanfreema
purplehaze93
Copycat
tiawhitecat
Becky
Paula74
HerMajesty
harryzing
ette
tromp-la-mort
Callie Daae
ravnquest1
Bric
EarlFan
Viscountess
meglett
justin1976
TheFinnishPhantom
charleygirl
ifonlyidont
StrangerThanUDreamt
AlwaysChristine
London-Phan
Madame Giry
Raphael
TheMaskedLion
Helen
MasqPhan
Phantom on a Budget
PhantomsGhost
Bunvendor
starryeyed
Aled_Boyo
PridePhan
ladygodiva
Miss von Krolock
BradPhan
MajesticPhantom
MaskedLion
IamErik771
Phantomlove
Devon
SenorSwanky
PMB1034
LadyCDaae
ML6
Scorp
operafantomet
Lycanthrope
justin-from-barbados
phantom10906
57 posters

Page 4 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

25th Anniversary Restaged Tour - Page 4 Empty Re: 25th Anniversary Restaged Tour

Post  starryeyed Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:34 am

I'm not sure how many of the principals will be new to the Phantom world but the Phantom cover is someone new Smile

Also, Katie Hall has let the cat out the bag about what we already knew, so Simon Bailey is confirmed.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

25th Anniversary Restaged Tour - Page 4 Empty Re: 25th Anniversary Restaged Tour

Post  operafantomet Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:47 am

I missed that Katie Hall revealed Bailey as Raoul, so thanks for that. Loved Bailey in London, but kinda disappointed they're only picking previous cast members and not new people, apart from a new face or three. It's so... safe.

But thanks for bringing some gossip. Smile
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:21 am

With John as the Phantom and Simon as Raoul, I am just DYING for a cast recording.

It won't happen, I know. But ah, imagine! Instead I am left with the option of finally buying that RAH album which I know I won't listen to.

PLEASE CAMERON.......PLEEAAAAASE?
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:51 pm

Yes, I do think they could have been a bit more adventurous with the casting if I'm being perfectly honest. As much as I liked Simon as Raoul (though Will Barratt is my favourite) I would have quite liked at least one of the principal three to be new to the show.

I'm strangely intrigued as to who Madame Giry will be to be honest with you! Hehe!

ETA: Scorp, I got the CD and DVD for Christmas and still have had no inclination to watch or listen to it (oh dear!) Though I do want to see if you can spot me on the DVD as my seat was one of those ones practically on the stage ha.

Olivia Brereton is alternate Christine with Leigh Rhianon Coggins as cover Christine.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomsGhost Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:43 pm

John Owen-Jones is in rehearsals for the the new POTO. He just tweeted today that they finished up MOTN, and to forget what we know. It's new...
https://twitter.com/#!/johnowenjones/status/156746138186301440

I really don't know what to think. I hope it works, though, whatever they're doing...
PhantomsGhost
PhantomsGhost

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:13 pm

PhantomsGhost wrote:John Owen-Jones is in rehearsals for the the new POTO. He just tweeted today that they finished up MOTN, and to forget what we know. It's new...
Purge your thoughts of the life you knew before.... Laughing
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:09 pm

By the way, something I've picked up on, the alternate Christine is going to be in the ensemble for the other 6 shows a week. Has this happened in any other productions?

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:33 pm

starryeyed wrote:By the way, something I've picked up on, the alternate Christine is going to be in the ensemble for the other 6 shows a week. Has this happened in any other productions?
Not really sure about Christines, but I noticed a similar thing in the Copenhagen production. The role of Carlotta was shared equally between Eva Malmgren and Malin Landing. When Landing played Carlotta, Malmgren was not in the cast. However, when Malmgren was Carlotta, Landing was in the ensemble. The same was the case with the Piangis.

But I don't think it's ever been the case in the UK before. I'm guessing it's a choice the alternate Christine was allowed to make, seeing how there might not be too much else to do when touring? Maybe she's getting paid less than a "normal" alternate would, but with the addition of the ensemble salary she ends up earning more?
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:43 pm

I wonder when we'll hear who the rest of the cast is? A guy called Andy Hockley is Firmin but apart from him and the main three I've not heard who anyone else is.
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:15 pm

It's weird that people haven't been announced by now. We seem to know a high proportion of the ensemble and the main three so why the secrecy with everyone else?

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:22 pm

PhantomsGhost wrote:John Owen-Jones is in rehearsals for the the new POTO. He just tweeted today that they finished up MOTN, and to forget what we know. It's new...

I really don't know what to think. I hope it works, though, whatever they're doing...

I hope the best...! I am happy to see a new version of Phantom. I am very excited what they do. I must see it.
I hope they feel free in the direction and other things.
The original is in London, thats good but the Tour must be new. New as they promise..

I liked some changes at RAH.

That would be the first time for me to see JOJ and Katie Hall.
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:35 pm

starryeyed wrote:It's weird that people haven't been announced by now. We seem to know a high proportion of the ensemble and the main three so why the secrecy with everyone else?
Well... they announced the Raoul and the Meg for the RAH concert like a week or two before the event... Seems like it's just their thing. Smile

SweetChristine, I agree that the tour is a good opportunity to try out something new. That's why I'm kinda disappointed they decided to keep the original costume design. I take it as a sign of them mixing and matching instead of re-inventing. I wish they started anew, with everything. It was their golden chance to do so. Instead they went with the good ol' costumes, and also familiar faces for the cast. Yeah, blocking will be different, and yeah the sets will probably be another re-imagining of the Palais Garnier. It just doesn't feel as unique and new as they initially promised us.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:03 pm

operafantomet wrote:
starryeyed wrote:It's weird that people haven't been announced by now. We seem to know a high proportion of the ensemble and the main three so why the secrecy with everyone else?
Well... they announced the Raoul and the Meg for the RAH concert like a week or two before the event... Seems like it's just their thing. Smile

SweetChristine, I agree that the tour is a good opportunity to try out something new. That's why I'm kinda disappointed they decided to keep the original costume design. I take it as a sign of them mixing and matching instead of re-inventing. I wish they started anew, with everything. It was their golden chance to do so. Instead they went with the good ol' costumes, and also familiar faces for the cast. Yeah, blocking will be different, and yeah the sets will probably be another re-imagining of the Palais Garnier. It just doesn't feel as unique and new as they initially promised us.

Why they have not much courage to bring something new? Yes a new fresh cast would be also better. We´ll see.
I love the hungarian production because there are so many new things. All new. Not all is the best, but really I love it.
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:44 pm

Seeing as this is suppose to be "re-designed" and although the original costuming is to be intact, I brought up on another forum the idea of what the infamous Chandelier will look like/do; On one hand to save on costs I can see them doing a RAH style chandelier which "explodes" at the end of act 1 rather than crash; which also brings me to what design (one of my favorite props) will have, original stage version, close cousin to the film version (like RAH) or a completley new look we have yet to see? I also wonder if many of the "projections" will be used as well?
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:08 pm

Oh I can definitely see them having an "exploding" chandelier especially since they've been doing pyro tests apparently. I almost think the RAH was a bit of a try out for the tour but given that people are raving about the sets I doubt there will be much projections (at least I hope not) so that will be different.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:39 pm

Pyro tests?! the 12yr old inside of my just got all kinds of excited, haha. I feel in a sense to do the "explosion" may not be so bad, in the sense that a lot of chandelier "crashes" seem to be very slow, and the technology is a bit outdated, however if they do go with the "explosion" I would love for them to plus it a bit by adding some soundeffects of glass shattering, I just think it would really help to sell the effect.
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:53 pm

But... it doesn't make any sense for the chandelier to explode. The chandelier fell. It crashed down and killed a person. We're not talking a terror attack with home made bombs... In that aspect I'd rather see them do a "Hungarian twist", where they turn the perspective before the crash (similar to after TOM), and the chandelier falls from the stage towards the audience.

But starryeyed, glad to hear the people involved rave about the sets. As mentioned, I would have preferred them to redesign the whole thing instead of "cut and paste". But anyhow I'm curious about the new set design, and I hope it means something truly creative and new.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:07 am

Oh I agree on the whole; I would love a more updated crash effect over the explosion; but was hoping that if by chance they do go with the explosion that they plus it up a bit; for RAH I understand that the venue wasnt exactly fit to crash a chandelier, but I would think the new tour would have already made plans far in advance for the venues they are playing at to be able to host such an effect, and that it wont be scrapped. While they wont get the same size chandelier as vegas, I do wonder if the vegas effect of the thrilling plunge could be incorporated into the new tour, but hopefully kept at the end of act 1.
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:15 pm

But aren't most if not all the venues chosen been visited by the previous UK tours? (I'm not 100% sure about this) If so then they would already have been retrofitted for the previous tour, not to mention I am sure RUG still has all the chandelier rigging in storage somewhere, why not just re-use that?

As for people raving about the set, I dont have much faith in that until I see it for myself. I would be veru suprised to hear someone involved in a show NOT to rave about a set (Just look at the London LND) they raved about that for ever and when it was revealed it was more than dissapointing.
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Justin-from-barbados you've actually just reminded me that I'm sure there was some raving about the "set" around the RAH celebration so I guess it could mean projections for the tour. I'm clearly just hoping not.

Of course they could be using pyrotechnics in other aspects of the show, perhaps not for an exploding chandelier but I did think it sounded rather as though they would be recreating how it was done at the RAH. I guess we will know soon enough (in just over a months time actually!)

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:27 pm

Don't forget, if someone says they are testing pyrotechnics, it does not nessessarily mean a bunch of fireworks like what they don in Vegas before Masquerade, it could be as little as one firepot, or the same firepots used in the graveyard
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:22 am

Is Katie Hall just messing with us on Twitter, or is she actually revealing who's in the cast in the UK tour? Previously she wrote Simon Bailey is cast as Raoul, and yesterday she tweeted this:

Rehearsing wishing and the final lair tomorrow, big day for chistines at #phantom25tour
@OliviaBrereton @leighrhianon

https://twitter.com/#!/katie1hall

Judging from what these tagged gals have tweeted, they are referring to Simon Bailey and other cast members, and looking for places to live at various stops of the tour. So I guess these are the alternate and understudy Christines for the tour.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:27 pm

A few pages back I revealed both of them, I think Katie has also done so even earlier than she revealed Simon Bailey. Olivia is the alternate and Leigh is the cover Christine Smile

ETA: Just realised this could be construed as being snarky. I promise it wasn't my intention!

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:00 pm

starryeyed wrote:A few pages back I revealed both of them, I think Katie has also done so even earlier than she revealed Simon Bailey. Olivia is the alternate and Leigh is the cover Christine Smile

ETA: Just realised this could be construed as being snarky. I promise it wasn't my intention!
Hahaha, snarkiness non-taken. I probably even commented on your original post. *headdesk*
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:58 am

I didn't remember seeing the names either. What've they previously done?
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:32 pm

SenorSwanky wrote:I didn't remember seeing the names either. What've they previously done?
Since Cam M. is behind the revamped version, my best guess is that they have previously done Les Mis and eventual other productions of his. Starryeyed probably wrote about that in her initial post, hahaha!
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:35 pm

From what I could find on Google with a cursory search, they're both pretty fresh. Didn't really see anything on Hianon, but Brereton has been out of drama school for less than two years, and her only credits listed in the first search result were productions at her school. Nothing wrong with that though. Fresh can be good, especially for a role like Christine, as long as they're talented.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:48 pm

I'm not sure about Olivia but Leigh was first cover Cosette in the Les Mis tour and played Mabel in The Pirates of Penzance. To be honest if I read my original post about them on here I'll probably surprise myself and find I actually posted some info about them!

ETA: I didn't actually say anything about them in my original post, just their names ha! I found a review online of Olivia from her times at GSA which describes her as "innocent" and "bambi like" and a " beautiful girl with a sweet soprano."

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:29 am

starryeyed wrote:I found a review online of Olivia from her times at GSA which describes her as "innocent" and "bambi like" and a " beautiful girl with a sweet soprano."
Sounds exactly like Christine to me. Glad they're casting some unknowns as well as the veterans.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:24 am

Exactly what I thought!

Yes it is nice to see some unknowns getting cast, there are a few people in the ensemble straight out of training as well so seems to be a real mix.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next