Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love Never Dies - all views allowed

+66
AlwaysChristine
Jennie
operafantomet
NightRachel
MajesticPhantom
Melly
tromp-la-mort
charleygirl
Mme Reyer
RoseOfTransylvania
Lalilaloli
StrangerThanUDreamt
PhantomsGhost
Josephine
FeatherPen
ladygodiva
TheFinnishPhantom
marryholmes
Klavirista
Callie Daae
illegally blonde
Alyssa
PhantomAngel777
Deathshead1
Vicomtesse de Chagny
Bric
davd09
LoveShouldDie
PMB1034
Loettchen
EarlFan
Riene
Miss von Krolock
Christine's Shadow
InkedAlchemist
Phantomess
MasqPhan
PhantomJT
Rebecca
Phantom on a Budget
phantomphan1992
justin-from-barbados
Lucy
HDKingsbury
operaphan
Becky
Christine_Phan
Raphael
phantom10906
Freyalise
TGITPC
Viscountess
Aled_Boyo
Phantomlove
TheMaskedLion
ML6
starryeyed
LadyCDaae
SenorSwanky
Paula74
IamErik771
Helen
Mandrake
Madame Giry
Cape Twirl of Doom
phantomgirl110
70 posters

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

Love Never Dies - all views allowed - Page 5 Empty Re: Love Never Dies - all views allowed

Post  Guest Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:55 pm

It's showing up as 8 pages for me too.

Edit: And of course, as soon as my post was put up, it was on page 9.... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Love Never Dies - all views allowed - Page 5 Empty Re: Love Never Dies - all views allowed

Post  Paula74 Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:57 pm

Seems like all the pages prior to March 10 have gone *poof*
Paula74
Paula74

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:01 pm

I noticed it last night and wondered if it would perhaps sort itself out. Very odd.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:06 pm

I actually just noticed that all the missing posts from March 10th and before for this thread are locked in a thread of the same name further down the ALW forum page.

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:25 pm

Well spotted! Good to see it was clearly intentional, and the earlier posts aren't completely lost. I was starting to get worried we were gearing up for a big board crash or something similar so thought I'd post out the "missing" pages which aren't in fact missing!

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:31 pm

LadyCDaae wrote:Well done, Jeff--although I'm not sure if the writer was being snide when he presumed you and Rebecca were related or not.

Does anyone have a link to that review mentioned? Sounds like a good read...

~LCD

I'm very pleased to see that the media have already picked this up, but was slightly embarassed that they've only quoted Jeff and myself!

Any other phans who haven't contacted the press and would like to, now would be an ideal time to wow 'em with our numbers and ability to regroup quickly! And, um, also stop Jeff and I looking like a crazy pair of isolated nutters.... LOL!

Thanks!
Rebecca
Rebecca
Rebecca

Back to top Go down

Post  IamErik771 Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:36 pm

Rebecca wrote:
LadyCDaae wrote:Well done, Jeff--although I'm not sure if the writer was being snide when he presumed you and Rebecca were related or not.

~LCD

I'm very pleased to see that the media have already picked this up, but was slightly embarassed that they've only quoted Jeff and myself!

Any other phans who haven't contacted the press and would like to, now would be an ideal time to wow 'em with our numbers and ability to regroup quickly! And, um, also stop Jeff and I looking like a crazy pair of isolated nutters.... LOL!

Thanks!
Rebecca

I just commented on the article, pointing out that LSD had almost a thousand supporters before it was shut down and that the Twitter account still has 861 followers -- a far cry from the "sad culture" of "4 or 5" that ALW claimed were opposed to the show. I'll definitely write to some critics as well... soon as I get these papers done. Laughing
IamErik771
IamErik771

http://iamerik771.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:10 pm

Scorp wrote:By the way, Anéa will probably disagree with me, but I still think we should rename this board from 'Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera' to 'Hal Prince's Phantom of the Opera (music by Lloyd Webber, lyrics by Hart & Stilgoe)' or 'The Phantom of the Opera (1986 stage musical)' or something like that as a petty protest of our own. Razz ALW is doing my head in. I just have to laugh at the man and his company, I suppose I can at least enjoy the comedy of it all...
At the end of the day... you're another day older... No...

I see where you're coming from, and I actually agree with you. Still, POTO was ALWs idea and the musical closest to his heart for many years (I don't know what changed it and when). Despite he and/or his company acting like jævla rasshøl ( Cool ) lately, I will still consider it "Andrew Lloyd Webber's POTO" (but with great contributions from Hal Prince, Maria Bjørnson, Gillian Lynne etc), just as I consider Evita Tim Rice's "thing" as it was his idea and passion. Feel free to disagree with me on this.

As for the whole thing disappearing from Facebook... I cannot believe what I'm hearing. Are we sure RUG is behind this? I mean, I assume so, and if this is the case I will no longer try to defend them online when people are calling them what-not. That's one of the most coward like acts I've experienced in my 30 year long life.

What I assume is that they've been watching the group closely these last couple of months and saved up enough "ammunition" to get it closed. The revised logo, bad name-calling and the illegal sound clips probably pushed the whole thing to their benefit. Especially those sound clips should never have been posted, but either how there are tons of pages both on Facebook and elsewhere that does far worse things without getting closed. And at the end of the day it's an attempt to try and control free speech rather than a copyright issue. If they worry about copyrights, they should go after YouTube first, seriously.

What this tells me is that they feel highly threatened by LSD, and possibly consider all the bad reviews as the work of that group. They don't question the quality of their product for one second, they think it's all negative buzz online. Which is bizarre. But if they consider we have that power, we might as well show them that we have? bom
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:12 pm

As for why the forum decided to split up this thread... I have no idea. Maybe there's a limit to how many posts a thread can have? I'll check it when I have a more stabile internet connection.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:23 pm

IamErik771 wrote:
Rebecca wrote:

~LCD

Thanks!
Rebecca

I just commented on the article, pointing out that LSD had almost a thousand supporters before it was shut down and that the Twitter account still has 861 followers -- a far cry from the "sad culture" of "4 or 5" that ALW claimed were opposed to the show. I'll definitely write to some critics as well... soon as I get these papers done. Laughing

I just read your comment on the article - well said! I'm happy to see other phans speaking up! Very Happy Way to go teamwork!

Rebecca
Rebecca
Rebecca

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:30 pm

Oh believe me, there will come stuff from me too. If we get it confirmed that RUG is behind this, there will be some rarely used big guns coming out... Because it makes me royally pissed that they're so afraid of negative publicity. Hey, no-one likes negative publicity, but there are classy and non-classy ways to deal with it. And they think this will lessen the negativity? Rolling Eyes

To think that if they'd approached the whole thing differently from the start, they might have gotten a big bunch of "old school phans" working for them instead of feeling bullied by them. Do they have no trained PR people on board whatsoever?
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantomlove Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:01 pm

I'll repeat my question from page 8. Do we have any reliable sources that RUG are behind this? The timing kind of speaks in favour of it being RUG, but trying to stop people from having an opinion by shutting down a FB page is so incredibly stupid. Are they really that stupid? It makes them look like cowering idiots if it is indeed them that are behind this. Surely they must realise this, otherwise ALW might want to reconsider his PR people.

Phantomlove

http://siggesot.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:18 pm

Phantomlove wrote:I'll repeat my question from page 8. Do we have any reliable sources that RUG are behind this? The timing kind of speaks in favour of it being RUG, but trying to stop people from having an opinion by shutting down a FB page is so incredibly stupid. Are they really that stupid? It makes them look like cowering idiots if it is indeed them that are behind this. Surely they must realise this, otherwise ALW might want to reconsider his PR people.

According to a 4pm update on the blog this morning (link below) the group was removed from facebook under the umbrella of copyright infringement. The items in question would be links to music or videos. I have to point to one of the comments on the article, however, noting how interesting it is that pro-LND groups are allowed to post that very same content without being removed, but for those of us holding a negative opinion it's used as an excuse to shut us down. Why not simply remove the links in question?

http://blogs.thestage.co.uk/shenton/2010/03/love-should-die-dies-a-sudden-death-whil/index.html

Rebecca
Rebecca
Rebecca

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:25 pm

I was just about to post about the update but you beat me to it. Smile

I wasn't on the LSD site a lot so I don't know whether there ever were links to illegal audios/videos up onsite. Does anyone know?

I do know that I have seen links to illegal audios from the album on pro-LND sites and they weren't shut down. They just had to remove the links and that was it.

It's possible that RUG/ALW hated Love Should Die group and the attention it was getting and wanted a legal way to get rid of it. If there were illegal audios/videos, plus the very similar logo then that would be what they need to use to get rid of LSD. Instead of just getting them to remove the links/files like other groups had to do, they had LSD shut down. Or were they asked to remove them but the LSD owners refused?
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantomlove Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:42 pm

Thanks, I had missed the update. It feels obvious that RUG and ALW can't deal with the criticism and are hiding behind the copyright infringement claim. True they have the right to claim copyright infringement, but that doesn't mean that it would be the main reason for getting rid of LSD. Actually, it's quite amusing how disturbed they are by this sad culture of emotionally vulnerable housewives who weepingly swarm Haymarket and at the same time consists of only 4 or 5 people.

Phantomlove

http://siggesot.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:04 pm

Around a week or so ago someone posted (no one from here and no one any of us knows I don't think) on the group for people not to buy the CD or DVD as they would rip it and post a link if anyone wanted to see/hear it that much.

Well, apparently last night they did indeed post the links and also links to a bunch of other Phantom CDs.

Okay this IS copyright infringement but as it has been pointed out other groups (for the sequel) have indeed been posting the exact same things and allowed to remain up. This was pounced on almost immediately it seems. I think RUG were just looking for a reason and they got a genuine one.

I still find it unfair for the points I've outlined before and the points others have raised. If LSD has been shut down for that so should the others doing it.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Viscountess Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:42 pm

dolly-ry wrote:Around a week or so ago someone posted (no one from here and no one any of us knows I don't think) on the group for people not to buy the CD or DVD as they would rip it and post a link if anyone wanted to see/hear it that much.

Well, apparently last night they did indeed post the links and also links to a bunch of other Phantom CDs.

Okay this IS copyright infringement but as it has been pointed out other groups (for the sequel) have indeed been posting the exact same things and allowed to remain up. This was pounced on almost immediately it seems. I think RUG were just looking for a reason and they got a genuine one.

I still find it unfair for the points I've outlined before and the points others have raised. If LSD has been shut down for that so should the others doing it.
RUG will probably end up saying something like "The Really Useful Group's legal department isn't omni-present and can't be expected to account for all the illegal links provided to the content."

Because there are just SO MANY LND fan groups on FB and they're so terribly difficult to find.
Viscountess
Viscountess

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:19 pm

It appears to have been taken down AGAIN.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomphan1992 Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:21 pm

dolly-ry wrote:It appears to have been taken down AGAIN.
Wow. That must have been very recent. I just looked at the page... probably less than an hour ago.
phantomphan1992
phantomphan1992

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:22 pm

Very recent, in the last few minutes I'd say. It is definitely gone. People are now posting on the "other group."

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomJT Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:23 pm

dolly-ry wrote:It appears to have been taken down AGAIN.

Which group? There have been several that sprouted up over the course of 24hrs.

Also the LSD twitter page mentioned "The various new 'Love Should Die' Facebooks are not our creation. We have no connection to them." and also posted the media article from this morning...

~PhantomJT
PhantomJT
PhantomJT

http://www.twitter.com/jeffreytimmons

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomphan1992 Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:24 pm

Looks like I'm going to have to start visiting Twitter more than twice a year...
phantomphan1992
phantomphan1992

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:25 pm

Love Should Die has been removed.
People are now posting on Paint Never Dries about the second removal of Love Should Die.
Of course we know the other groups are not of LSDs creation, merely supporting them.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomJT Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:26 pm

dolly-ry wrote:Love Should Die has been removed.
People are now posting on Paint Never Dries about the second removal of Love Should Die.
Of course we know the other groups are not of LSDs creation, merely supporting them.

Wow this is really silly...
PhantomJT
PhantomJT

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:28 pm

Very silly. I don't know; it is a lot of hassle. I have never been a follower (as in fan) of any of the pages but have always read them. I really don't understand any of it to be honest but we shall see what comes of it. Can't really see what excuse they would have for the second removal? Unless there is some Facebook policy against re-making already removed groups? Who knows.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:45 pm

Okay. Attention. My friend was running the new one. She invited me to take part in it. But in the end, we decided to get rid of it. Because there was already three groups up.

So, RUG did not take down the new group. My friend and I got rid of it.

DON'T BLAME RUG FOR THE SECOND REMOVAL OF THE 2nd LSD.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:48 pm

Sorry, sorry! It was just there was no announcement or anything, it just seemed really weird. I thought it had been carried on by maybe one of the original team. Apologies.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:49 pm

It's all good. I have no idea why the first was taken down, but I thought it was cool to have another. But not when there are already three going at the same time. The Paint Never Dries is a better group than LSD.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomJT Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:51 pm

I'm currently having a 'twitter chat' conversation with LSD...and will post details soon!

It was NOT copyright infringement....
PhantomJT
PhantomJT

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:53 pm

Oh my, now I am intrigued... I thought that was surely what it would be!

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next