POTO stuff on eBay

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  ML6 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:00 am

Take a look at what fandom can do to someone:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phantom-Of-The-Opera-Gerard-Butler-VALENTINE-FANTASY_W0QQitemZ150407067476QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2304f5b754

ML6

Posts : 873
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 28
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  Paula74 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:15 am

ML6 wrote:Take a look at what fandom can do to someone:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phantom-Of-The-Opera-Gerard-Butler-VALENTINE-FANTASY_W0QQitemZ150407067476QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2304f5b754

OK, there is no way a duster like that would be enough to keep the movie Lair clean...

Oh, wait...I don't think that's meant for dusting.

Embarassed Laughing Twisted Evil

Paula74

Posts : 626
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 42
Location : Monsieur Madeleine's office

View user profile http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  Scorp on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:36 am

ML6 wrote:Take a look at what fandom can do to someone:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phantom-Of-The-Opera-Gerard-Butler-VALENTINE-FANTASY_W0QQitemZ150407067476QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2304f5b754

Never before has an eBay item made me laugh and cry schizophrenically so much at the same time. Shocked

_________________
In Hal Prince we trust.

Scorp

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2009-09-21

View user profile http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  Raphael on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:14 am

ML6 wrote:Take a look at what fandom can do to someone:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phantom-Of-The-Opera-Gerard-Butler-VALENTINE-FANTASY_W0QQitemZ150407067476QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2304f5b754
So Gerik likes to dress up as a French maid? Gee, thanks for THAT visual...

R.

_________________
Proud former member of TMCPMC
Keeper of Brianne Morgan's Masquerade hip-swish
www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Raphael

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2009-09-22
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

View user profile http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  MlleMusique on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:24 pm

If anyone (besides me) is interested, there is a Dave Willets and Jan Hartley Morris program up for grabs here:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Phantom-of-the-Opera-Souvenir-Program-Program-London_W0QQitemZ190368075312QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2c52d24e30#ht_3174wt_939

It's on Aussie Ebay but its being shipping from the US...don't know if that helps. I would LOVE this brochure, but $33 plus postage is a bit rich.

(Thanks for littlelotty for the heads up!)

MlleMusique

Posts : 106
Join date : 2009-09-22
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  operafantomet on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:03 pm

All I want for Christmas is a-kinky-Phantom-Valentine-duster...Laughing affraid

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  Blind Phan on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:55 pm

Damn! What a month to be broke! I'd love to get that pop-up book! LOL though I've probably missed it anyway.

Blind Phan

Posts : 90
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 36
Location : The Toronto production lives!!!

View user profile http://www.phantomfemme.com

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  Scorp on Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:05 pm

Phantom Shadowwalker wrote:Damn! What a month to be broke! I'd love to get that pop-up book! LOL though I've probably missed it anyway.

The pop-up book is worth getting, shame they don't make them any more. Does anyone have it with the lights etc working? Mine have never worked, got it second hand.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Phantom-Martin-Smith-Meadmore-Washington-Lloyd-Webber_W0QQitemZ380201522916QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Collectables_Theatre_Opera_Ballet_Theatre_Programmes_Brochures_Flyers_CV?hash=item5885c6d6e4#ht_2011wt_939

^ Rare programme from the London production with Martin Smith, if anyone fancies grabbing it. Unfortunately it's not a souvenir brochure -- if it had been we might have got a peek at what he looked like as the Phantom. I wonder if one was ever even made with him in it given that I think he was only in the role for 3 months (?).

Can anyone explain to me what the deal is with the old-style white London souvenir brochures BTW? I avoid buying them because I have a couple (one from '91 with Polycarpou, my first Phantom, and the 10th anniversary edition) and a lot of the pics are the same and even include the OLC! Were they still using ancient pics in the late 90s? I much prefer the newer-style brochures...that's one thing that definitely *has* improved over the years.

_________________
In Hal Prince we trust.

Scorp

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2009-09-21

View user profile http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  Paula74 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:11 pm

Scorp wrote:
Phantom Shadowwalker wrote:Damn! What a month to be broke! I'd love to get that pop-up book! LOL though I've probably missed it anyway.

The pop-up book is worth getting, shame they don't make them any more. Does anyone have it with the lights etc working? Mine have never worked, got it second hand.

I remember seeing the pop-up books in stores when they were first published and most of them didn't work then, either. Which is why I never bought one at the time. I wanted one, but I wasn't willing to pay for anything that was "broken."

Paula74

Posts : 626
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 42
Location : Monsieur Madeleine's office

View user profile http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  Guest on Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:00 pm

Mine works. Smile The only thing wrong with mine is that one of the tabs came apart, but it can be fixed.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  ML6 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:02 am

Here is some fun stuff I found on Ebay today:

Crawford Final Run in London Brochure
The pictures are changed a bit, this time featuring ones with Claire Moore. Smile

Phantom Trinket Box from England
I haven't seen this one before. Smile

Phantom of the Opera Leather Bookmark

... Funny Phantom of the Opera dolls?

Very Scary Gerard Butler Photoshopped Purse

...and a Phantom of the Opera Erotica novel... But I'll let you find that yourselves.

ML6

Posts : 873
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 28
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  operafantomet on Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:18 am

Scorp wrote: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Phantom-Martin-Smith-Meadmore-Washington-Lloyd-Webber_W0QQitemZ380201522916QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Collectables_Theatre_Opera_Ballet_Theatre_Programmes_Brochures_Flyers_CV?hash=item5885c6d6e4#ht_2011wt_939

^ Rare programme from the London production with Martin Smith, if anyone fancies grabbing it. Unfortunately it's not a souvenir brochure -- if it had been we might have got a peek at what he looked like as the Phantom. I wonder if one was ever even made with him in it given that I think he was only in the role for 3 months (?).

Can anyone explain to me what the deal is with the old-style white London souvenir brochures BTW? I avoid buying them because I have a couple (one from '91 with Polycarpou, my first Phantom, and the 10th anniversary edition) and a lot of the pics are the same and even include the OLC! Were they still using ancient pics in the late 90s? I much prefer the newer-style brochures...that's one thing that definitely *has* improved over the years.
I have an actual brochure with Martin Smith and Jill Washington. There is a MOTN picture (famous pose) which might be of him. Is new compared to the previous brochure with Dave Willetts and Jan Hartley-Morris, and it definitely shows Jill Washington, which was new to the role. But alas we only see his mask and a bit of the hands. Anyhow, I'll try to upload it later. There's also a full-page of a Phantom in the mirror scene which is new compared to the previous brochure, so I'm thinking Martin Smith there too?

The original white brochures kept OLC cast pictures for a long time, until 1995 sometime. But they always updated 4-6 pages in the middle with pics of the new cast, as well as new cast list where the page is split in three. Often there's a full page of the Phantom in MOTN or the mirror scene too. Compared to the generic white (and later black) ones they used in the US "forever", I find the UK ones worth buying. There's always about 10 new pictures in each brochure, although the first and last pages has OLC pics.

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  Scorp on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:34 pm

operafantomet wrote:
The original white brochures kept OLC cast pictures for a long time, until 1995 sometime. But they always updated 4-6 pages in the middle with pics of the new cast, as well as new cast list where the page is split in three. Often there's a full page of the Phantom in MOTN or the mirror scene too. Compared to the generic white (and later black) ones they used in the US "forever", I find the UK ones worth buying. There's always about 10 new pictures in each brochure, although the first and last pages has OLC pics.

Ah, thanks for the explanation! So the 1995-2000 white brochures should be free of OLC pics then? Although I swear I thought my 10th anniversary one from 1996 had one or two in, maybe I was mistaken. Can't check now as they're not here. I really want one of Peter Cousens. There was one recently on eBay, but it was priced far too high.

Interested to see the possible Martin Smith pics!

_________________
In Hal Prince we trust.

Scorp

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2009-09-21

View user profile http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  operafantomet on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:22 am

Scorp wrote:Ah, thanks for the explanation! So the 1995-2000 white brochures should be free of OLC pics then? Although I swear I thought my 10th anniversary one from 1996 had one or two in, maybe I was mistaken. Can't check now as they're not here. I really want one of Peter Cousens. There was one recently on eBay, but it was priced far too high.
Yes, you're right about that, but the 1996 brochure didn't have the white cover per se, it had the first "golden angel" one stapled over the white. It had also adapted the generic content from the US, with pictures from USA, Germany and whatnot. Only the back had pics of the current cast.

I don't have any of the brochures from 1997-2000 (they basically never appears on eBay), so I don't know if they kept that solution for a while, or went over to the larger second-edition golden angel ones. Anyone knows for sure?

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  Scorp on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:25 pm

operafantomet wrote:
Scorp wrote:Ah, thanks for the explanation! So the 1995-2000 white brochures should be free of OLC pics then? Although I swear I thought my 10th anniversary one from 1996 had one or two in, maybe I was mistaken. Can't check now as they're not here. I really want one of Peter Cousens. There was one recently on eBay, but it was priced far too high.
Yes, you're right about that, but the 1996 brochure didn't have the white cover per se, it had the first "golden angel" one stapled over the white. It had also adapted the generic content from the US, with pictures from USA, Germany and whatnot. Only the back had pics of the current cast.

I don't have any of the brochures from 1997-2000 (they basically never appears on eBay), so I don't know if they kept that solution for a while, or went over to the larger second-edition golden angel ones. Anyone knows for sure?

I'm pretty sure that the newer-style brochures started in 2000 when Scott Davies was in the role. I think Scott was also the Phantom for the last of the old-style white brochures; I swear I saw one recently appear on eBay, but didn't buy it as I already have one from 2000 with him in and reckoned that's more worth having than the white one.

_________________
In Hal Prince we trust.

Scorp

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2009-09-21

View user profile http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  MasqPhan on Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:41 pm

I have a 1999 West End brochure from when I saw Mike Sterling and Charlotte Page. There are no OLC pics in it. The cover is white and with the red tassle. The first page in the program is the golden angels pic that became the cover pic for later programs.

I saw the show next in the fall of 2000 with Scott Davies and Charlotte Page. Again no OLC pics and this time the cover is the new golden angels on.

Personally, I like the white covers better than the gaudy golden angels cover.

_________________
Keeper of the Vegas Phantom deformity and Meg's Hannibal costume
Avatar by Raphael.

MasqPhan
Admin

Posts : 390
Join date : 2009-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  operafantomet on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:45 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-PHANTOM-OF-THE-OPERA-JAPAN-DOUBLE-CD-W-OBI-3800yen_W0QQitemZ380085996174QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_CDs?hash=item587ee40a8e#ht_2082wt_894
One of the double Japanese CDs for sale on eBay. I'm guessing the 1999 cast - maybe the seller knows. Current price is $35.99.


http://cgi.ebay.com/POCP-1213-Phantom-of-the-opera-2-CD-2nd-Cast-JAPAN-NEW_W0QQitemZ250565572831QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_CDs?hash=item3a56df38df#ht_1725wt_894
This one, on the other hand, looks like the 1992 cast. Current price is $84.68.


http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-PHANTOM-OF-THE-OPERA-1987-JAPAN-2CD-OBI-P52P_W0QQitemZ380153416320QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_CDs?hash=item5882e8ca80#ht_2082wt_894
Is this the original Japanese cast? I really can't tell the CDs apart in these presentations. Current price is $139.99.


http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-PHANTOM-OF-THE-OPERA-JAPAN-2-CD-3800yen-SEALED_W0QQitemZ380087627226QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_CDs?hash=item587efcedda#ht_2200wt_894
Now I'm totally confused. This one looks identical to the "1987" one. But the price is $49.99.


http://cgi.ebay.com/Shiki-Theatre-Japan-PHANTOM-OF-THE-OPERA-2-CD-1992_W0QQitemZ280479223504QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414ddd4ed0
The 1992 CD. Current price is $44.99.

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  ravnquest1 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:13 pm

Operafantomet- the second and last links are the 1992 Japanese language cast recording. Somewhat hard to find. The rest are all japanese pressings of the original london cast recording (not remastered)- you can tell by the photos of the booklets which feature that classic Crawford artwork- these aren't worth anything.

ravnquest1

Posts : 36
Join date : 2010-01-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  operafantomet on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:47 pm

ravnquest1 wrote:Operafantomet- the second and last links are the 1992 Japanese language cast recording. Somewhat hard to find. The rest are all japanese pressings of the original london cast recording (not remastered)- you can tell by the photos of the booklets which feature that classic Crawford artwork- these aren't worth anything.
Ah, thanks! I didn't have my Japanese CDs at hand, and didn't remember what they looked like. Hard to tell them apart sometimes. I actually didn't know there was a Japanese reprint of the OLC either!

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  ML6 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:38 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/GERARD-BUTLER-film-worn-shoes-Phantom-Opera-/130384465352?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e5b850dc8

The link says all. Question for all you history fans, are those even close to the shoes worn during that time?

ML6

Posts : 873
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 28
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  operafantomet on Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:27 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHANTOM-OPERA-POP-UP-BOOK-HB-1989-COMPLETE-/310214636133?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item483a3bb265#ht_500wt_1135

The POTO pop-up book, currently at only $20, but I'm sure it'll eventually sell for a lot more.

ML6, I must admit Victorian men shoes aren't my forte.... But thanks for the link!

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  Loettchen on Tue May 11, 2010 7:15 pm

Since there seemed to be so much interest when I posted the photos, I thought I'd point out that the Alles ueber das Phantom der Oper book is on ebay.de right now.

http://cgi.ebay.de/SELTEN-George-Perry-Alles-Phantom-Oper-/150439554163#ht_500wt_1119

Sadly, it just jumped from 40 Euros to 101 Euros. There are also 3 copies for about the same price on Amazon.de. A little pricey, but I thought I'd put it out there, just in case.

Loettchen

Posts : 132
Join date : 2009-10-12
Location : South Korea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  Scorp on Thu May 13, 2010 2:32 pm

Loettchen wrote:Since there seemed to be so much interest when I posted the photos, I thought I'd point out that the Alles ueber das Phantom der Oper book is on ebay.de right now.

http://cgi.ebay.de/SELTEN-George-Perry-Alles-Phantom-Oper-/150439554163#ht_500wt_1119

Sadly, it just jumped from 40 Euros to 101 Euros. There are also 3 copies for about the same price on Amazon.de. A little pricey, but I thought I'd put it out there, just in case.

Shocked Yikes, I got it on eBay for 2.50 €! Guess the seller didn't realise what (s)he was selling...

_________________
In Hal Prince we trust.

Scorp

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2009-09-21

View user profile http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  operafantomet on Fri May 14, 2010 6:59 am

Scorp wrote:
Loettchen wrote:Since there seemed to be so much interest when I posted the photos, I thought I'd point out that the Alles ueber das Phantom der Oper book is on ebay.de right now.

http://cgi.ebay.de/SELTEN-George-Perry-Alles-Phantom-Oper-/150439554163#ht_500wt_1119

Sadly, it just jumped from 40 Euros to 101 Euros. There are also 3 copies for about the same price on Amazon.de. A little pricey, but I thought I'd put it out there, just in case.

Shocked Yikes, I got it on eBay for 2.50 €! Guess the seller didn't realise what (s)he was selling...

I hear people keep telling how little they bought this book for, but the few times I've seen it on German and Austrian eBay it's gone for insane prices and they don't accept PayPal anyway. Quote hopeless. And I want it so badly!

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  ML6 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:49 pm

If any of you are fans of Glyn Kerslake, then you might want to own this. Or, if you want creepy pieces of skin on a wall, that's cool too:

Framed Phantom Make-Up from 1998

ML6

Posts : 873
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 28
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  Paula74 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:59 pm

ML6 wrote:If any of you are fans of Glyn Kerslake, then you might want to own this. Or, if you want creepy pieces of skin on a wall, that's cool too:

Framed Phantom Make-Up from 1998

Ha, I'd definitely pass on that, no matter which Phantom it came from.

Paula74

Posts : 626
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 42
Location : Monsieur Madeleine's office

View user profile http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  ML6 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:01 am

Paula74 wrote:
ML6 wrote:If any of you are fans of Glyn Kerslake, then you might want to own this. Or, if you want creepy pieces of skin on a wall, that's cool too:

Framed Phantom Make-Up from 1998

Ha, I'd definitely pass on that, no matter which Phantom it came from.

Yeah, I don't know if anybody would want that displayed on a wall.

"What is that?"
"Oh, deformed pieces of skin... No, I'm not a creeper, I'm just into Phantom of the Opera, and I collect stuff from the show."
"You collect ... skin, too?"
"No, well, ..."

Yeah, interesting chat that'd be.

ML6

Posts : 873
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 28
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  operafantomet on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:19 am

I would actually love to own it... Had it not been for the price! Insane.

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  MasqPhan on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:06 pm

I actually like stuff like that too. I have a Vegas one but it's not displayed as nicely as this one for sale. Mind you I'd never pay anything close to what they're asking. Much too expensive.

_________________
Keeper of the Vegas Phantom deformity and Meg's Hannibal costume
Avatar by Raphael.

MasqPhan
Admin

Posts : 390
Join date : 2009-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  Scorp on Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:49 pm

Oh, speaking of old yucky deformity bits, Rebecca Caine posted this on her Twitter a few days ago: apparently it's Crawford's last make-up from his run in the London production! Simultaneously awesome and a bit gross. Laughing

http://twitpic.com/1v1k4p

_________________
In Hal Prince we trust.

Scorp

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2009-09-21

View user profile http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Re: POTO stuff on eBay

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:34 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum