Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phantom is back in Vienna - in Concert

+6
MajesticPhantom
ML6
TheFinnishPhantom
Scorp
operafantomet
AlwaysChristine
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Phantom is back in Vienna  - in Concert - Page 2 Empty Re: Phantom is back in Vienna - in Concert

Post  ML6 Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:17 pm

operafantomet wrote:
SweetChristine wrote:First impression of the POTO concert Vienna: http://tvthek.orf.at/programs/70018-Wien-heute/episodes/4743757-Wien-heute
(scroll down to Das Phantom der Oper 02:39 minutes)
"Eric, Das Phantom der Oper". Aaaaagh!!!

But I love Christian Müller as the Phantom, and the others sounds great too. My only concert about Lisa Antoni as Christine is that her voice doesn't really stand out. It's a lovely, typical soprano, with no edge or unique sound to it. ALW's Christine is supposed to have this certain quality which makes her stand out. But I've only seen a handful of clips, and won't judge until I see the actual concert.

So do you think they'll borrow the German costumes (as I think the original Viennese ones are long gone)? Really curious to see how close they stick to the RAH concert. And how many more of these concerts we'll see in the future.

I have a strange suspicion they might send them the Vegas costumes.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Phantom is back in Vienna  - in Concert - Page 2 Empty Re: Phantom is back in Vienna - in Concert

Post  operafantomet Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:37 pm

ML6 wrote:
operafantomet wrote:So do you think they'll borrow the German costumes (as I think the original Viennese ones are long gone)? Really curious to see how close they stick to the RAH concert. And how many more of these concerts we'll see in the future.

I dunno... Some of the Vegas ones are apparently already in use on Broadway. And it would be a lot more expensive to ship them across the pond than to send the German ones to the neighbor country. And the German ones have not been in use since the Essen production closed (well, apart from some appearing in the RAH concert), so they're just sitting there. Available AND closeby...
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:43 pm

operafantomet wrote:
ML6 wrote:
operafantomet wrote:So do you think they'll borrow the German costumes (as I think the original Viennese ones are long gone)? Really curious to see how close they stick to the RAH concert. And how many more of these concerts we'll see in the future.

I dunno... Some of the Vegas ones are apparently already in use on Broadway. And it would be a lot more expensive to ship them across the pond than to send the German ones to the neighbor country. And the German ones have not been in use since the Essen production closed (well, apart from some appearing in the RAH concert), so they're just sitting there. Available AND closeby...

Are the German costumes still in storage? Someone told me those were given to another production. But if they *are* near and ready to be in use, that'd be awesome.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:21 pm

I really don´t know!
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:25 pm

A friend of mine was tonight at the dress rehearsal! She liked it.
I can say tomorrow more. I´m at the opening night which was on sale at last.
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss von Krolock Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:12 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njfV0D9mX3k&feature=g-all

Sitzprobe for the concert
Miss von Krolock
Miss von Krolock

http://www.myspace.com/miss_von_krolock

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:41 am

So yesterday I was at the opening night.
I am a little bit disappointed. They played the whole show with the original Vienna lyrics but some things has changed.
New is the Trio in the Graveyard scene, the first time Phantom Christine and Raoul sang as we know it in english.
The direction of the show was strange. They showed much with projection.
No costumes, the orchestra is on stage...and he wears no mask but at the end Meg has his mask in her hands.
I´m most disappointed that they showed so little emotion.
Tonight I see it again..maybe it´s better..
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:30 pm

Glad they used the original Vienna lyrics... and I do hope it's more common that we see the trio reinstated. I am of the opinion that taking out Raoul's Graveyard lyrics weakens the dynamic of the trio (which was, essentially, the intention, to focus on "the two" rather than "the three"). It's a different show when it's not about all three of them.

How did the orchestra sound? Based on the sitzpobe video, they were using those extraordinary orchestrations of the Original Vienna Production.... it's horn love was stupendous.

Too bad about the lack of costumes... I'd find that awkward, too... How did they handle unmaskings in a semi-staged concert? I'd understand it better if they were standing at microphones.
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:17 pm

So back after my second phantom show, tonight was so much better than yesterday.
I felt with the Phantom and Christine and Carlotta was another good one tonight.
They have 2 ballett dancers which dances much and stay for Christine and the Phantom.

Here some impressions from the opening night (I hope you can open it)
http://www.puls4.com/video/pink/play/1878604

http://tvthek.orf.at/programs/4660213-h ... m-der-Oper

@TheMajesticPhantom: The Unmasking is different. Christine and Phantom are not near. You see some projections of a doll who changed the face into a dark one.
Only at the end of the show Meg has the mask in her hands.
The orchestra uses the music from the Albert Hall.

Because of the rights they have to choose the Phantom in Concert without costumes.
We see only in the beginning the Hannibal Poster, the Monkey and the skulls.
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss von Krolock Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:00 pm

SweetChristine wrote: http://tvthek.orf.at/programs/4660213-h ... m-der-Oper

Use this link instead, it'll take you straight to the concert segment

http://tvthek.orf.at/programs/4660213-heute-leben/episodes/5017325-heute-leben/5017347-Gala--25-Jahre--Phantom-der-Oper

I'm positively surprised with Lisa Antoni's voice, but the staging... That dancer WTF??? Suspect
And the libretto on their hands is also a major no-go for me, especially for Christine...
Miss von Krolock
Miss von Krolock

http://www.myspace.com/miss_von_krolock

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:18 am

New one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdTGgubA1U8
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:30 pm

I kind of like the idea of an abstract staging--especially if the singers can really sell the story with their performances, which it sounds like these can.

Christine totally needs to get off-book, though...

~LCD

LadyCDaae

http://musicalhell.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:35 pm

I like the concert version more and more! It´s different yes, but it´s good! I watch it till the end!!
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:25 am

Christian has always been a personal favorite Phantom of mine. Lisa Antoni and Oliver have been favorites in other productions throughout the years -- mainly Elisabeth, Rebecca, and Tanz. So I was pretty pleased that they impressed me, again, in this. Not a big fan of the staging, but the overall cast is a LOT better than the 25th in London.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:26 pm

ML6 wrote:Christian has always been a personal favorite Phantom of mine. Lisa Antoni and Oliver have been favorites in other productions throughout the years -- mainly Elisabeth, Rebecca, and Tanz. So I was pretty pleased that they impressed me, again, in this. Not a big fan of the staging, but the overall cast is a LOT better than the 25th in London.

I really miss the production!
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2