Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rare pictures 2

+60
thegenuinebeauty
sunsetbue
Phantour
NightRachel
HerMajesty
tromp-la-mort
Aled_Boyo
larita94
ChristineDaae1982
charleygirl
Melly
PhantomDrums
StrangerThanUDreamt
Callie Daae
Becky
Maya
Phantomette
Porteña
thaovy
meglett
RatSalsa
mophan
Blaidd_Drwg
EarlFan
Phantom on a Budget
London-Phan
Phantomlove
justin1976
starryeyed
PhantomsGhost
Madame Giry
MasqPhan
Bunvendor
Helen
MajesticPhantom
AlwaysChristine
Scorp
phantomgirl110
IamErik771
Viscountess
stagehand
Klavirista
ravnquest1
Freyalise
TheMaskedLion
littlelotty004
CountessDeChangy
LadyCDaae
SenorSwanky
Paula74
phantom10906
vmkwinner
mona lisa
operafantomet
justin-from-barbados
Devon
ladygodiva
ML6
TheFinnishPhantom
Raphael
64 posters

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rare pictures 2

Post  ravnquest1 Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:44 pm

No idea. If I had to guess it would be Vienna, since I recall him telling me that his performing in Hamburg was sort of a last minute deal. He sang MOTN and some of the show in Hamburg with the Vienna translation, kind of unique. He has a sensational tenor voice. I believe (don't quote me) Nick replaced Ethan Freeman who was the original alternate in Vienna, so we're talking probably 1990. I believe he was playing Piangi in New York in 91 or 92.

ravnquest1

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFinnishPhantom Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:45 pm

ravnquest1 wrote:Anyone have any photos of Nick Saverine? He was the alternate Phantom in both Vienna and Hamburg for a little while. Thanks.

I have couple photos of him from Vienna (from my gig-an-tic Vienna folder Very Happy) aswell, altough they're quite small.

Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Saveri10Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Janets10

TheFinnishPhantom
TheFinnishPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  ravnquest1 Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:50 pm

wonderful! thanks so much. were these from a program?

ravnquest1

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFinnishPhantom Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:59 pm

ravnquest1 wrote:wonderful! thanks so much. were these from a program?

I don't think they had programs with other casts. Altough I have plenty of pictures from the Raimund-days and I just wonder what they were for, this picture for example.
Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Masken10

Christine is Colleen Besset and Carlotta is Linda Healy (a great, great, great Carlotta! Smile) I can't identify Raoul. (Unusually young-looking for this production..)
TheFinnishPhantom
TheFinnishPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  Klavirista Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:14 pm

I don't know why but this Raoul reminds me Richard Roxburgh as Count Dracula from 2004 Van Helsing xD

Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 34d138de6101t
Klavirista
Klavirista

Back to top Go down

Post  Devon Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:57 pm

TheFinnishPhantom wrote:More pictures, again courtesy of ladygodiva.

Australia
Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_MarinaPriorRare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_DaleBurridgeMarinaPriorRare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_brosyyri038Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_brosyyri035Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_brosyyri028Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_brosyyri029

London

Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_LBH

Vienna

Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_AGoebelLNistlerRare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_AGoebelLNistler1Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_AGoebelLNistler2Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_AGLNRare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_brosyyri001Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_brosyyri006

Vancouver

Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_brosyyri043Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_brosyyri041Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_brosyyri040Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_brosyyri036

Sweden
Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_brosyyri025Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_brosyyri022
Misc.
Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_brosyyri037Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_brosyyri021Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_this_doesnt_make_any_senseRare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_brosyyri017Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_brosyyri016

OMG, hyperventilating! Can't breathe...lol LOVE these pictures, especially the ones with Marina Prior, the Wishing gown oh and the Countess gown, I don't think I have EVER seen a great full body shot of that gown so far! :-) Thanks for posting!
Devon
Devon

http://devonsdomain.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:14 pm

More to come, I do have more of Marina Prior, and others of course, this will take a long time, I have to make color copies and send them to FinnishPhantom,

Thanks again to FinnishPhantom. You are awesome.

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:28 am

TheFinnishPhantom wrote:More pictures, again courtesy of ladygodiva.

Australia
Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_MarinaPrior

Am I crazy, or does this look like the packaging for a Butterick patterns packet? And wouldn't it be cool if they made those?

TAFKaR
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stagehand Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:16 am

TheFinnishPhantom wrote:
ravnquest1 wrote:wonderful! thanks so much. were these from a program?

I don't think they had programs with other casts. Altough I have plenty of pictures from the Raimund-days and I just wonder what they were for, this picture for example.
Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Masken10

Christine is Colleen Besset and Carlotta is Linda Healy (a great, great, great Carlotta! Smile) I can't identify Raoul. (Unusually young-looking for this production..)

Raoul is Thorsten Tinney. He started as alternate Raoul in 1991 and became principal Raoul for the last season of the shows run in Vienna. (Christine is Colleen Besett, former understudy and alternate, who started to share the role with Luzia Nistler by the time Tinney joined the company. Linda Healy was the alternate Carlotta)
Here´s another pic of Tinney:

Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Thorstentinney2

Last edited by stagehand on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

stagehand

Back to top Go down

Post  stagehand Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:44 am

TheFinnishPhantom wrote:
ravnquest1 wrote:Anyone have any photos of Nick Saverine? He was the alternate Phantom in both Vienna and Hamburg for a little while. Thanks.

I have couple photos of him from Vienna (from my gig-an-tic Vienna folder Very Happy) aswell, altough they're quite small.

Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Saveri10Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Janets10

Nick Saverine replaced Ernst-Dieter Suttheimer as the alternate Phantom in late August 1991 and became principal Phantom when Alexander Goebel left the show in March 1992. Saverine left in November 1992.
Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Nicksaverine6

stagehand

Back to top Go down

Post  Freyalise Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:40 am

operafantomet wrote:
Freyalise wrote:
operafantomet wrote:In the early West End brochures the Christine alternate was almost always featured in a WYWSHA shot. The name was also written at the side. This one follows the tradition in terms of motif and placement, but doesn't say who it is. I'm assuming Lisa Hull, which (I think) shared the role with Shona Lindsay in autumn 1991. LOVE that Wishing dress front, from right before it became standarized.
If it helps, I've had that pictured labeled as Shona for yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaars. Smile
Yeah, it kinda helps, actually. Laughing

I think Shona was still playing Christine when I first saw the show and therefore started collecting pictures, so that one was a common one to see back then. Glad it helps. Very Happy

Freyalise

http://www.stars-fell.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  stagehand Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:15 am

Alexander Goebel + Luzia Nistler (Vienna 1988):
Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_alexandergoebelluzianistler5 Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_luzianistler

stagehand

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFinnishPhantom Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:20 pm

stagehand wrote:Alexander Goebel + Luzia Nistler (Vienna 1988):
Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_alexandergoebelluzianistler5 Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_luzianistler

OMG SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE *highest piano strings resonate*

Thanks a billion times! Do you happen to have any more?
TheFinnishPhantom
TheFinnishPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:32 pm

Thanks for the inputs and the lovely pictures, stagehand! Very, very welcome addition. I wish there were more Vienna and Stockholm stuff around. I mean, I have the CDs and the souvenir brochures, but stuff like backstage pictures, anecdotes and whatnot is basically non-existent. That's the curse of being pre-internet productions, I guess.
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Viscountess Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:15 pm

operafantomet, when I try to save the pictures you've scanned (the ones sourced from other places on the internet are just fine), they come out super stretched out. Do know why this happens? I don't think you actually have any control over this and it's probably just my computer, but I figured I'd ask anyway.
Viscountess
Viscountess

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:28 pm

Viscountess wrote:operafantomet, when I try to save the pictures you've scanned (the ones sourced from other places on the internet are just fine), they come out super stretched out. Do know why this happens? I don't think you actually have any control over this and it's probably just my computer, but I figured I'd ask anyway.
To be honest, I have no idea what causes this. I tend to remove an internal tag within the Photobucket link as it takes more time to load the page with it, but I didn't think that should effect the actual picture in any way. And I use regular .jpg files. Have you always had that problem with my pictures? Anyone else experiencing this?

Do you experience any differences when saving these two - one with the tag, and one without it?

Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_maskjapan3Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_maskjapan3

operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  stagehand Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:52 am

TheFinnishPhantom wrote:
stagehand wrote:Alexander Goebel + Luzia Nistler (Vienna 1988):

you´re welcome! i have some more. i don´t know if some of them have been posted before. here you go:

original vienna cast 1988

Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_viennahannibal Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_viennahannibal2 Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_viennahannibal3
Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_alexandergoebelluzianistler6 Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_alexandergoebelluzianistler7 Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_alexandergoebelluzianistler Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_alexandergoebelluzianistler4
Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_viennaprimadonna Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_viennaprimadonna2
Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_viennadonjuanrehearsal

stagehand

Back to top Go down

Post  stagehand Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:05 am

operafantomet wrote:Thanks for the inputs and the lovely pictures, stagehand! Very, very welcome addition. I wish there were more Vienna and Stockholm stuff around. I mean, I have the CDs and the souvenir brochures, but stuff like backstage pictures, anecdotes and whatnot is basically non-existent. That's the curse of being pre-internet productions, I guess.

thank you. i guess you´re right, that´s the curse of being pre-internet productions. i have many backstage pictures from vienna. are you interested in any specific performer or character?
btw i loved what you did with your "london casts of 25 years" topic. great idea!! (maybe i should do a little tribute to the viennese production, which IMHO was one of the best, and do the same thing?)

stagehand

Back to top Go down

Post  Viscountess Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:15 pm

operafantomet wrote:
Viscountess wrote:operafantomet, when I try to save the pictures you've scanned (the ones sourced from other places on the internet are just fine), they come out super stretched out. Do know why this happens? I don't think you actually have any control over this and it's probably just my computer, but I figured I'd ask anyway.
To be honest, I have no idea what causes this. I tend to remove an internal tag within the Photobucket link as it takes more time to load the page with it, but I didn't think that should effect the actual picture in any way. And I use regular .jpg files. Have you always had that problem with my pictures? Anyone else experiencing this?

Do you experience any differences when saving these two - one with the tag, and one without it?

Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_maskjapan3Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_maskjapan3

The stretching occurs with both images, so it's probably not the internal tag. Maybe it's somethign to do with Photobucket? Because when I tried to upload the distorted image to my Photobucket, it went back to normal.
Viscountess
Viscountess

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFinnishPhantom Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:57 pm

stagehand wrote:
TheFinnishPhantom wrote:

you´re welcome! i have some more. i don´t know if some of them have been posted before. here you go:

original vienna cast 1988

Thanks again, stagehand! Wonderful pictures.
And a tribute for the Vienna production sounds awesome!
TheFinnishPhantom
TheFinnishPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  IamErik771 Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:27 pm

Random request: Does anyone have any photos of Anthony Crivello as the Phantom with either Kristen Hertzenberg or Sarah Elizabeth Combs as Christine? I'm thinking of updating my avatar, so almost any size would do... but of course, the bigger the better!
IamErik771
IamErik771

http://iamerik771.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:33 pm

IamErik771 wrote:Random request: Does anyone have any photos of Anthony Crivello as the Phantom with either Kristen Hertzenberg or Sarah Elizabeth Combs as Christine? I'm thinking of updating my avatar, so almost any size would do... but of course, the bigger the better!
Sorry, haven't found any. I guess you're stuck with Ian Jon Bourg and Janine Kitzen... Wink

Some "Final Lair with veil" pictures from various productions, though:

Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_veilannegorneressenRare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_veilscottdaviesdebdutcherRare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_veilmoorecrawfordRare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_veilcrawfordbrightmanRare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_veilbrightmancrawford
1 Anne Görner, Essen
2. Scott Davies and Deborah Dutcher, West End
3. Claire Moore and Michael Crawford, West End
4. and 5. Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford, West End

Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_veilsarahbrightmanRare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_veilginabeckRare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_veiljapanRare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_veilhenkpoorthollandRare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_veilpoorthollandRare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_veilbaselschleier
Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_veiljuanpabloskrtargentina
6. Sarah Brightman, West End (for Vanity Fair, in Palais Garnier in Paris)
7. Gina Beck, on the terrace of Her Majesty's Theatre
8. Elder Japanese photo, ca. 1998, though I can't identify the actor.
9. and 10. Henk Poort, Holland
10. Florian Schneider, Basel.
11. Juan Pablo Skrt, Argentina

Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_veilhamburgRare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_veilloyacanovegas
12. Unnamed Phantom (I think Thomas Schulze) from Hamburg
13. Elizabeth Loyacano, Las Vegas (one of my all-time favourite photos)

Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_veilkiarasassoRare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_veiljohannebrochmannmikaelsamuelsonRare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_veilanamarina
14. Kiara Sasso and (I wanna say) Saulo Vasconcelos, Brazil
15. Johanne Brochmann and Mikael Samuelson, Stockholm
16. Ana Marina and a Raoul I can't identify, World Tour

Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_veillisahulldavewillettsRare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_veiljapan2Rare pictures 2 - Page 3 Th_veilcrawfordmoore
17. Lisa Hull and Dave Willetts, UK
18. Another Japanese photo I can't identify, this one is from ca. 2005.
19. Another picture of Crawford and Moore, West End.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:28 pm

Number 19 is Crawford and Sarah Brightman

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomgirl110 Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:25 am

And I believe the Raoul in #16 is Alexander Lewis.
phantomgirl110
phantomgirl110

http://freewebs.com/little-meg

Back to top Go down

Post  Devon Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:29 am

13. Elizabeth Loyacano, Las Vegas (one of my all-time favourite photos)

LOVE that picture, that's going to go in my top 5 favorite POTO wedding dress pics!!
Devon
Devon

http://devonsdomain.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:24 pm

15. always reminds me of Mel Brooks Very Happy
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:25 pm

ladygodiva wrote:Number 19 is Crawford and Sarah Brightman
Are you sure? I think it first occurred in a Crawford/Moore brochure. But with Christine having her back to us, I really can't tell who it is.

Glad you guys enjoyed the pictures! Thank you for the additional info.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:25 pm

justin-from-barbados wrote:15. always reminds me of Mel Brooks Very Happy
Laughing Yeah his head looks huge.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:27 pm

operafantomet wrote:
ladygodiva wrote:Number 19 is Crawford and Sarah Brightman
Are you sure? I think it first occurred in a Crawford/Moore brochure. But with Christine having her back to us, I really can't tell who it is.

Glad you guys enjoyed the pictures! Thank you for the additional info.

Positive it is Sarah Brightman, it is from the Rafael photoshoot, otherwise would'nt it be insulting to Claire Moore just to have her in a photo with her face obscured. It definately is Sarah, I am not sure if Rafael ever shoot Claire, He may have, but its Sarah

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:48 pm

OK, thanks a lot for that!
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content