Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rare pictures 2

+60
thegenuinebeauty
sunsetbue
Phantour
NightRachel
HerMajesty
tromp-la-mort
Aled_Boyo
larita94
ChristineDaae1982
charleygirl
Melly
PhantomDrums
StrangerThanUDreamt
Callie Daae
Becky
Maya
Phantomette
Porteña
thaovy
meglett
RatSalsa
mophan
Blaidd_Drwg
EarlFan
Phantom on a Budget
London-Phan
Phantomlove
justin1976
starryeyed
PhantomsGhost
Madame Giry
MasqPhan
Bunvendor
Helen
MajesticPhantom
AlwaysChristine
Scorp
phantomgirl110
IamErik771
Viscountess
stagehand
Klavirista
ravnquest1
Freyalise
TheMaskedLion
littlelotty004
CountessDeChangy
LadyCDaae
SenorSwanky
Paula74
phantom10906
vmkwinner
mona lisa
operafantomet
justin-from-barbados
Devon
ladygodiva
ML6
TheFinnishPhantom
Raphael
64 posters

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Empty Re: Rare pictures 2

Post  TheFinnishPhantom Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:15 pm

Thanks for those pics, stagehand! I have never seen those before.

Speaking of the last night, they had funny adlibs and other pranks; Timothy Breese as the porter in the auction, André had Carlotta's fur stole strategically tied around his waist, so it looked like a gigantic.. yeah.. during Masquerade, Monkey Girl had balloons tied to her tail, the DJT chorus was doubled up so there was two Passarinos, priests etc. There was more but I can't remember them right now.
TheFinnishPhantom
TheFinnishPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:44 pm

stagehand wrote:
operafantomet wrote:ThePhinnishPhantom, here's some more of Joke de Kruijf from Vienna. I still want the full deck of those pictures...

....and I still wonder what the heck was up with those tiaras the Viennese Christines wore!

Someone told me, that they´ve tried the common tiaras during dress rehearsals but they made Luzia Nistler look too tall (esp. next to Alfred Pfeifer as Raoul in Masquerade) and once they´ve settled for those tiaras every Viennese Christine had to wear them. And because of their heights Luzia Nistler and orig. understudy Claudia Dallinger were the only Christine´s (at least in Vienna) who didn´t change their ballet shoes during Angel of Music (this time because of Alexander Goebel) Smile

And why of Alexander Goebel?

There are som many things I don´t know about the Vienna show.
Thanks for the pics. I love it too!
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:45 pm

operafantomet wrote:
SweetChristine wrote:How can I upload the photos?
If you have an account at Photobucket, Imageshark, Flickr or another place, you upload the pictures there. You can either use the direct link and post it here, or you can get a link ending with .jpg and put IMG ( [ img ] ) tags around it.

Stagehand, those pics are fantastic! I had never seen any of them before. I wanna scream MORE MORE MORE, but I'll try to behave... Haha.

As for the tiaras, I can see what they mean... sorta... but they could have come up with something in between instead of the flat "laurel" ones the Christines used for both Hannibal and Masquerade. They are rather pointless.

Ok I´ll do it today or tomorrow!

I wanna more pics from Vienna, more more more Very Happy
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:52 pm

Oh, stop it with this Joke posting! She is just so beautiful and cute, I can't get over it. I love you

Keep posting pictures of her, I'm just gushing over her.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:00 am

https://s1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj588/Kathy1979/

Here are more from Joke de Kruijf, Alfred Pfeifer, Alexander Goebel and Colleen Besett...
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:07 am

SweetChristine wrote:https://s1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj588/Kathy1979/

Here are more from Joke de Kruijf, Alfred Pfeifer, Alexander Goebel and Colleen Besett...
OK, I just died of costume joy. Those are amazing!!! I had seen the ones of Joke de Kruijf before, but as tiny black-and-white photos with a large "Joke fan club" watermark all over. I had no idea they existed in such a good quality. THANK you!
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:45 am

operafantomet wrote:
SweetChristine wrote:https://s1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj588/Kathy1979/

OK, I just died of costume joy. Those are amazing!!! I had seen the ones of Joke de Kruijf before, but as tiny black-and-white photos with a large "Joke fan club" watermark all over. I had no idea they existed in such a good quality. THANK you!

I am happy that you like the photos. I love the costumes so much!
So fascinating! I wish I have some in the blue gown and the Don Juan dress.
Maybe someone find them...with Joke de Kruijf.

AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  stagehand Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:14 pm

SweetChristine wrote:

Because Goebel wasn´t that much taller and it would have looked kind of strange during Music of the Night if Christine is the same height as the Phantom.

Thanks for your pics from Vienna! I´ve never seen them before.
Here´s Joke in her Aminta costume:
Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_jokedekruijf9

stagehand

Back to top Go down

Post  stagehand Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:49 pm

Some more pics from Vienna:
Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_janetchvatal7
Janet Chvatal

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_colleenbesett7 Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_colleenbesett Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_colleenbesett8 Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_colleenbesett9
Colleen Besett

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_andrewhambly-smith2
Andrew Hambly-Smith

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_timothybreese3
Timothy Breese

stagehand

Back to top Go down

Post  stagehand Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:21 pm

Does somebody have photos of the these Raouls?: Richard Todd Adams, Lawrence Anderson, Jason Pebworth, Scott Gregory, Laird Mackintosh (- not the b/w pic), Robert Meadmore, Michael Gillis, Christopher Carl
and of these Christines: Lori Broderick, Silvia Krüger, Melissa Dye

stagehand

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:38 pm

stagehand wrote:
SweetChristine wrote:

Because Goebel wasn´t that much taller and it would have looked kind of strange during Music of the Night if Christine is the same height as the Phantom.

Thanks for your pics from Vienna! I´ve never seen them before.
Here´s Joke in her Aminta costume:
Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_jokedekruijf9

Ok I understand why...Alexander Goebel is special as Phantom for me.

Thank you for Joke in her Aminta Costume!
I like her so...
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Once again, thanks a million times for those Vienna pictures, people! They are just too lovely. It seems the same photographer took pictures of the Christines backstage. I recognize the background and more or less the pose in them. Anyone knows who this photographer was?

As for Det Ny Teater in Denmark, I'm so gonna visit them soon. Not only do they have the Golden Angel, the Hannibal elephant and the Golden Lion Man on display. They have the Phantom and Christine as well! Aaaaaw. And in the old-school (Swedish) wedding dress. I love you And behind them, Mephisto. How fitting. Laughing

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Sceneriet3
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:44 pm

stagehand wrote:Does somebody have photos of the these Raouls?: Richard Todd Adams, Lawrence Anderson, Jason Pebworth, Scott Gregory, Laird Mackintosh (- not the b/w pic), Robert Meadmore, Michael Gillis, Christopher Carl
and of these Christines: Lori Broderick, Silvia Krüger, Melissa Dye
I think I have most of what you're asking for. Some of the US ones were saved ages ago, so I'm sorry if I give you mislabeled pictures here. Couldn't find any of Scott Gregory, Lori Broderick or Silvia Krüger. I was so sure I had some of Broderick, but a 10 minute search in my computer didn't bring me any. Maybe I've saved them under another name or title.

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_richardtoddadams
Richard Todd Adams

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_lawrenceanderson
Lawrence Anderson

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_JasonPebworth2 Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_jasonpebworth1
Jason Pebworth

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_lairdraoulgiry Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_lairdglenda Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_hussarmackintosh
Laird Machintosh and Glenda Balkan.

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_wilkinsonmackintos Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_stanleymacintosh Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_stanleybryantmackintosh
Laird Mackintosh with.... Colm Wilkinson and Teresa de Zarn, Paul Stanley and Melissa Dye, Paul Stanley and Kimilee Bryant.

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_robertmeadmore2 Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_robertmeadmore1 Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_meadmorewashington1
Robert Meadmore, alas with a watermark.... Christine is Jill Washington.

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_chrcarlkarenculliversanfran
Christopher Carl and Karen Culliver, as understudies in San Francisco.

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_melissatyetoronto99 Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_melissadyepaulstanley99
Melissa Dye and Paul Stanley in Toronto 1999.

Last edited by operafantomet on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding names)
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:18 am

That's Teresa De Zarn with Colm and Laird, and Melissa Dye with Paul and Laird. Also, Christoper Carl and Karen Culliver were principals (or was Culliver alternate at that point?) in SF.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:47 am

Culliver was the final Christine alternate in San Francsico. Vroman was the principal throughout the entire 5-year run.

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:58 am

not exactly "rare" but I got a few screencaps before this users Phantom 25th clips were taken down, these are some of my favorites
Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Phantomchandelier
Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Phantomchandelier1
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:13 am

SenorSwanky wrote:That's Teresa De Zarn with Colm and Laird, and Melissa Dye with Paul and Laird. Also, Christoper Carl and Karen Culliver were principals (or was Culliver alternate at that point?) in SF.
The picture were taken when they were understudies, which is why I wrote "as understudies". Wink

Thanks for the fill-in on the Canadian pictures!
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:20 am

operafantomet wrote:Once again, thanks a million times for those Vienna pictures, people! They are just too lovely. It seems the same photographer took pictures of the Christines backstage. I recognize the background and more or less the pose in them. Anyone knows who this photographer was?

As for Det Ny Teater in Denmark, I'm so gonna visit them soon. Not only do they have the Golden Angel, the Hannibal elephant and the Golden Lion Man on display. They have the Phantom and Christine as well! Aaaaaw. And in the old-school (Swedish) wedding dress. I love you And behind them, Mephisto. How fitting. Laughing

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Sceneriet3

I want to see Det Ny Teater..there are so many interesting things Very Happy . Great, really great.
Mephisto, Phantom and Christine...wonderful Very Happy
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  stagehand Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:48 pm

operafantomet wrote:Once again, thanks a million times for those Vienna pictures, people! They are just too lovely. It seems the same photographer took pictures of the Christines backstage. I recognize the background and more or less the pose in them. Anyone knows who this photographer was?

You´re welcome! I think a dresser took those backstage pictures. If you´re looking for any specific actor or character just let me know. I have quite a lot backstage/ costume pictures from Vienna. I just don´t know what you guys want to see and don´t want to spam you with all those Vienna pictures (and I guess some of them have already been posted somewhere. At least the ones from the main characters) Wink

And thanks a lot for those Raoul pictures! They´re great.
But does somebody happen to have the pic of Richard Todd Adams as Raoul in better quality?

stagehand

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:21 pm

StrangerThanUDreamt wrote:not exactly "rare" but I got a few screencaps before this users Phantom 25th clips were taken down, these are some of my favorites
Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Phantomchandelier
Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Phantomchandelier1

I see me in those pictures! Hehe!

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:48 pm

Whoa, where did those pictures of Joke de Kruijf in the Vienna production come from? Did they even make different brochures? I thought they were unchanged throughout the run, with pics of the original Vienna cast in them.

Loving these rare pics of the Stockholm and Vienna productions. The Vienna production is probably my favourite production of Phantom that I never saw.
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:56 pm

Scorp wrote:Whoa, where did those pictures of Joke de Kruijf in the Vienna production come from? Did they even make different brochures? I thought they were unchanged throughout the run, with pics of the original Vienna cast in them.

Loving these rare pics of the Stockholm and Vienna productions. The Vienna production is probably my favourite production of Phantom that I never saw.

Which photos do you mean? All? No the brochure was always the same and never changed.
The Vienna production will always one of my favorite, but I love also Hungary and the Netherlands.
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFinnishPhantom Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:20 pm

Thanks so much for these photos, stagehand and SweetChristine!

stagehand wrote:
You´re welcome! I think a dresser took those backstage pictures. If you´re looking for any specific actor or character just let me know. I have quite a lot backstage/ costume pictures from Vienna. I just don´t know what you guys want to see and don´t want to spam you with all those Vienna pictures (and I guess some of them have already been posted somewhere. At least the ones from the main characters) Wink

I want a Vienna picture spam! I need a Vienna picture spam! Very Happy
TheFinnishPhantom
TheFinnishPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunvendor Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:51 pm

Looking at the Laird Mackintosh pictures, does anyone have a stack of backstage pictures from the canadian productions (eg, toronto, vancouver, canadian tour, and hong kong+singapore) that they could post? I love the Canada productions!
In terms of the Vienna production, I don't quite understand the hyp. We all have our own opinions, and I know that the Vienna production is a very popular one, but to be honest I don't really like the look of the costumes (that's right, I'm looking at you Vienna version of Red Death), the phantom's masks are some of my least favourites and I can't really get into any of the cast members (although I do love Joke). In fact, I LOVE the vienna chandelier!
OG
Bunvendor
Bunvendor

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:47 pm

thephanfullerton wrote:In terms of the Vienna production, I don't quite understand the hyp. We all have our own opinions, and I know that the Vienna production is a very popular one, but to be honest I don't really like the look of the costumes (that's right, I'm looking at you Vienna version of Red Death), the phantom's masks are some of my least favourites and I can't really get into any of the cast members (although I do love Joke). In fact, I LOVE the vienna chandelier!
OG
To me the fascination is the high level of the production throughout. Especially the orchestra, one of the best I've ever heard, with percussion and flutes and whatnot I haven't heard anywhere else. And the ensemble had a unison and nice sound to it, always. I never particularly warmed to any of the Viennese Christines, but I dig Alexander Goebel and Ernst Dieter Suttheimer as the Phantom, and Priti Coles as Carlotta.

The costumes were a hit-and-miss, I think. I don't like the masks either, and overall the costumes lacks the oomph. Plus their Wishing dresses looks so sad... But they had good tailoring, and their slavegirl costumes kicks ass. They are some of my favourites. Plus, the alternate proscenium and the round chandelier are also cool and rare features. So there are stuff I adore, and stuff I really don't fancy. But in general, the Viennese production intrigues me way more than say the Belgian or Spanish or Brazilian production. I think they added their own flair to it, being such an early and high profile production, and helped form Phantom into what it is today. I feel the same about the Stockholm production, the Hamburg one, the early Japanese one and the Toronto one.

FUNKY slavegirl costume, as worn by Claudia Dallinger:

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Wien3dallinger
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:33 pm

thephanfullerton wrote:Looking at the Laird Mackintosh pictures, does anyone have a stack of backstage pictures from the canadian productions (eg, toronto, vancouver, canadian tour, and hong kong+singapore) that they could post? I love the Canada productions!
I don't have a particular SET of backstage photos from Canada, but here are some random ones:

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Torontobriangaylairdm
Brian C. Duyn, Gay Willis (I think) and Laird Mackintosh.

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Torontoschillercampbellilmuto
u/s Christine Caroline Schiller and ballerina Neve Campbell.

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_torontocaineonbike Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_torontorebeccacainenegligee
There are guaranteed some fun story behind these pics of Rebecca Caine. Or at least the first one. I seem to remember she was surprised at her birthday, with a male stripper and whatnot... Anyone?

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_torontokrobertsonlionman
Kelly Robertson in Lion Man costume from Hannibal.

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_torontokimstengel
Kim Stengel gearing up for Masquerade.

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_torontogaylaird
Gay Willis (?) and Laird Mackintosh.

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_torontodegasgirls
The Degas girls posing backstage.

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Torontoclosingnight
The Toronto cast on closing night. Scott Watanabe in the middle, as Mandarine man. And that super rare "Bacchus" costume is represented in front (yes, that large blue thing).

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Torontocainecats
Rebecca Caine and a... cat. I don't remember the occasion of why POTO and Cats were both represented. But I remember liking this Star Princess bodice ahelluva lot more than the other Rebecca Caine wore in Canada... And she looks incredibly cute here.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:53 pm

I don´t know why the Vienna costumes are in this condition. Long time ago they exposed some of the costumes in a big store.
But worldwide nothing is identic to the original. There are so many differences between the costumes.

Thank for the Rebecca Caine pics operafantomet! Like it!

Does anyone know what happend with Claudia Dallinger after Phantom?
From all other actors we know more..
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:51 am

SweetChristine wrote:I don´t know why the Vienna costumes are in this condition. Long time ago they exposed some of the costumes in a big store.
But worldwide nothing is identic to the original. There are so many differences between the costumes.

Does anyone know what happend with Claudia Dallinger after Phantom?
From all other actors we know more..
Claudia Dallinger seems to have had an active career after Phantom. Here is her CV from her management:
http://www.managementrehling.com/images/downloads/cdallinger-lebenslauf.pdf

As for costumes worldwide, there are indeed big differences though they use the same design. But an interesting thing is that the Swedish, Austrian and Japanese production had almost identical costumes when they opened. When I first saw the Viennese ones on display (before I had seen good pictures from the production) I was convinced they were Japanese. The productions are almost contemporary. It makes me think they had the same costume supervisor, or even got their costumes made the same place. Maybe they decorated them locally, though. They differ a bit. Underneath are examples from Austria, Sweden and Japan. Alas I only have some very few scans from the original Japanese brochure, so I had to use later pics. But it shows the similaries well still.

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_slavewien Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_slaveswe Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_slavejapan
The slavegirl costumes had loooots of ornamental gold on the V shaped collar and "crotch tiara". They also had fairly short bodices and the typical European rope skirt of alternating colours.

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_elissawien Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_elissaswe Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_elissajapan
The Elissa skirts had large red tabs with a "pointy" gold pattern, and a distinctive blue or green stripe at the hem. The aprons were also rather distinctive. The bodices had a harlequin squared "brooch" between the decorated bra.

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_wishwien Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_wishswe Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_wishjapan
The Wishing dresses had gathered cuffs with double velvet trims - versions elsewhere are pleated and without trims. They also had large, white appliqués in front, blue fringes all over, and a chevron (V shaped) draped apron.

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_amintawien Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_amintaswe Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_amintajapan
The Aminta costume had a defined V shape with lacing in front of the stomacher, and floral curved tabs at the sides. The front is overall more open than newer versions, and black trims are added around the stomacher and neck opening.

Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_wedwien Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_wedswe Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Th_wedjapan
The early wedding dresses had sparse lace on the skirt. The bodices were made of the same ribbed material used in Sarah Brightman's version. The bodices were long, with a broad basque with defined white stripes, and with short lace cuffs. They also didn't have buttons in front.

Makes me wonder where the Viennese costumes are now.... Anyone knows?
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:11 am

Thank you operafantomet! So interesting...Claudia Dallinger was very active. But I never found something about her.
I don´t know how her Christine sounds.

I don´t know where are the Viennese costumes. Maybe someone knows it...I can ask someone!

Thank you for the relation between the Costumes. The first I´ve seen it was when I got my brochure from Sweden!
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:22 am

Bad quality but the only decent pic I could gather of the Vegas chandelier crash
Rare pictures 2 - Page 17 Phantom1
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next