Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rare pictures 2

+60
thegenuinebeauty
sunsetbue
Phantour
NightRachel
HerMajesty
tromp-la-mort
Aled_Boyo
larita94
ChristineDaae1982
charleygirl
Melly
PhantomDrums
StrangerThanUDreamt
Callie Daae
Becky
Maya
Phantomette
Porteña
thaovy
meglett
RatSalsa
mophan
Blaidd_Drwg
EarlFan
Phantom on a Budget
London-Phan
Phantomlove
justin1976
starryeyed
PhantomsGhost
Madame Giry
MasqPhan
Bunvendor
Helen
MajesticPhantom
AlwaysChristine
Scorp
phantomgirl110
IamErik771
Viscountess
stagehand
Klavirista
ravnquest1
Freyalise
TheMaskedLion
littlelotty004
CountessDeChangy
LadyCDaae
SenorSwanky
Paula74
phantom10906
vmkwinner
mona lisa
operafantomet
justin-from-barbados
Devon
ladygodiva
ML6
TheFinnishPhantom
Raphael
64 posters

Page 6 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next

Go down

Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Rare pictures 2

Post  operafantomet Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:06 pm

starryeyed wrote:I saw a picture of Liesl Dowsett from the concert on Sunday and looking at that and these pictures from 1995, there must be some Dorian Gray affect going on with her. She still looks absolutely fantastic!
I TOTALLY see what you mean!

Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Liesldowsett
(Liesl Dowsett as u/s Meg Giry in West End in 2010/2011)

PS - thanks Justin!
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Devon Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:32 am

operafantomet wrote:Hahaha! Both are recent pictures from the West End production. ETA: starryeyed beat me to it.

Thank you for those Peter Karrie scans! I love the one on the golden angel, where his pose echoes that of the main female figure.

You are welcome! I have so many of the Canadian brochures that I like to be able to contribute pics to the forum when I can. :-)
Devon
Devon

http://devonsdomain.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Devon Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:34 am

operafantomet wrote:As promised, some scans from the 1995 Edinburgh brochure. Cast was Mark McKerracher (Phantom), Nicky Adams (Christine), Andrew Halliday (Raoul), Carol Duffy (Madame Giry), Dorte Holst (Carlotta), Adrian Martin (Piangi), Paul Monaghan (André) and Anthony Raffell (Firmin). Alas I don't know who Meg was.

Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_edinburgh95slaves
Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_edinburgh95scarf

Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_edinburgh95aom Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_edinburgh95lotte Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_edinburgh95mirror

Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_edinburgh95motn Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_edinburgh95aiaoy Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_edinburgh95magical

Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_edinburgh95markm Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_edinburgh95halliday Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_edinburgh95angel Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_edinburgh95kiss

Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_edinburgh95mask Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_edinburgh95dance

Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_edinburgh95prima Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_edinburgh95rooftop Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_edinburgh95djr Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_edinburgh95veil

Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_edinburgh95box Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_edinburgh95lasso

Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_edinburgh95attilio Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_edinburgh95aminta

ABSOLUTELY LOVING THESE PHOTOS!!!!
Devon
Devon

http://devonsdomain.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  justin1976 Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:14 am

I agree, great pics - it's one of my have brochures. There are a few nice pics of Jan Hartley (London Christine) on her website: http://www.janhartley.co.uk/cv.htmlhttp://www.janhartley.co.uk/cv.html

justin1976

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:26 am

justin1976 wrote:I agree, great pics - it's one of my have brochures. There are a few nice pics of Jan Hartley (London Christine) on her website: http://www.janhartley.co.uk/cv.html
I love that Hannibal-slavegirl-with-Star-Princess-mask picture of her. The UK masks of the 90s are the coolest ever made.

Here's one from Stockholm which I'm not sure if have been posted before. I think so, but maybe not as large?

Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Swedishcast
Raoul is Bengt Nordfors, Christine is Elisabeth Berg, the Phantom is Mikael Samuelson, and Carlotta is Anette Stridh. And goes without saying, the man in the middle is Hal Prince. But... is that other man conductor Per Engström?? Hard to tell behind those 90s glasses...
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:02 am

operafantomet wrote:
justin1976 wrote:I agree, great pics - it's one of my have brochures. There are a few nice pics of Jan Hartley (London Christine) on her website: http://www.janhartley.co.uk/cv.html
I love that Hannibal-slavegirl-with-Star-Princess-mask picture of her. The UK masks of the 90s are the coolest ever made.

Here's one from Stockholm which I'm not sure if have been posted before. I think so, but maybe not as large?

Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Swedishcast
Raoul is Bengt Nordfors, Christine is Elisabeth Berg, the Phantom is Mikael Samuelson, and Carlotta is Anette Stridh. And goes without saying, the man in the middle is Hal Prince. But... is that other man conductor Per Engström?? Hard to tell behind those 90s glasses...

I think that looks like Per. Where did you find this splendid photo from? Hal = Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Heart
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantomlove Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:31 pm

The man in the glasses is Per Engström. This photo was in the smaller of the Swedish Phantom programmes (the one with the cast bios).

Phantomlove

http://siggesot.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:20 pm

I love those UK Tour pictures. Hadn't seen most of them. McKerracher is a sadly underrated Phantom, since he only did that one run in the role so many years ago now.

Also have to admit I never realized until now that they raise the candles behind the rooftop backdrop to create the city lights.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:54 pm

SenorSwanky wrote:I love those UK Tour pictures. Hadn't seen most of them. McKerracher is a sadly underrated Phantom, since he only did that one run in the role so many years ago now.

Also have to admit I never realized until now that they raise the candles behind the rooftop backdrop to create the city lights.

He also did a very brief run in London too.
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunvendor Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:39 pm

Yay Mckerracher phans!!! Such a legend in the role, and a really nice person.
OG
Bunvendor
Bunvendor

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:53 pm

SenorSwanky wrote:Also have to admit I never realized until now that they raise the candles behind the rooftop backdrop to create the city lights.
I don't think they do...? I agree that it kinda look that way in the picture, but I've never gotten that impression live. More diodes and smoke going on, and a semi reflective "rooftops" backdrape.

Glad you enjoyed the pics!

Last edited by operafantomet on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:57 pm

In that rooftop pic, it really looks like the lights (not the stars, but the ones on the buildings in the background) are the candles shining through. Maybe they don't do that during the actual performance. I have never paid attention to notice.

Then again, the candles don't really rise that far, do they? And doing that would skew the perspective--the lights would look like they're in different spots in the cityscape depending on where you're sitting in the audience. So maybe it is only for that one shot.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:55 pm

It would have been a good idea, but I dont think thats whats happening, the drop with the skyline is rather far back, although the candles back there do get rather tall.
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:30 am

And now for the "With mask in hand" category...

Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_crawfordwestend Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_crawfordusa Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_crawfordwestend2 Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_crawfordandwho
Various early Crawford pictures. The first one where he shows the deformity makeup is from West End, and he's actually showing it to the Queen mother. The third also looks very West End, but is that second one from Broadway? Kinda looks like that in the mask, but the quality of the picture is too poor to tell. Anyone? I also don't know the story of the fourth picture - who is that man holding the mask?

Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_crawfordmasknew2 Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_crawfordmasknew
More recent Crawford-with-mask pictures. Though, he's not holding his own mask here, but one of those in use when the BBC documentary "Behind the Mask" was shot. The pictures are from the taping of his interview, which was done at Her Majesty's Theatre.

Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_rebeccacainewestend Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_shannonlewisbeckwestend
Two wildly different pictures... First is Rebecca Caine from her West End engagement in 1987, and you can tell she's holding that original London mask with the "sunken" eyebrow. The second is when actress Lorna Lewis visited Her Majesty's Theatre some years ago. She's joined with (I think) David Shannon and Gina Beck.

Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_christianmulleressen Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_uwekrogeressen Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_marquillagehburg
Christian Müller (Essen) is one of the few Phantoms which makes me like young Phantoms... And I absolutely adore that mask-and-chandelier photo. Second is Uwe Kröger (also Essen), in the most hideous mask ever made... Seriously, compare to the one Rebecca Caine is holding. The Uwe one has just a gaping hole for the eye, and the shape is both tiny and... weird... Hate it. Seems like Ian Jon Bourg and Ethan Freeman also wore this kind of mask, but the ones Christian Müller and Thomas Borchert wore looked better. Still my least favourite Phantom mask style, though. Third picture is one I had saved as "Marquillage", and from Hamburg. Help?

Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_peterkarrieuk Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_mikaelsamuelsonsweden Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_flemmingenevoldcph Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_juancarlosbaronaspain Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_mackintoshcanada
1. Peter Karrie, the mask suggests it's from his UK run.
2. Mikael Samuelson, Stockholm.
3. Flemming Enevold, Copenhagen (OK, wrong mask, I just like the picture so much...)
4. Juan Carlos Barona, Madrid.
5. Laird Mackintosh, Toronto.

Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_mcgillinbway Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_hughpanarobway2 Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_hughpanarobway1
Howard McGillin and Hugh Panaro, Broadway.

Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Th_crivellobarrettvegas
Brent Barrett and Anthony Crivello, Las Vegas.

Anyone who have the picture with ALW holding the mask (which they used in the RAH encores)? Or the one with Michael Crawford in dark coat (similar to the last old one above), with the mask at pocket level? Or any other fun "holding-mask" pictures?
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  justin1976 Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:52 am

The guy in the fourth black and white pic holding the mask with MC is Bob Hope.

justin1976

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomgirl110 Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:58 am

I don't remember whether or not this was the photo used during the RAH encores, but it fits the category well enough to be posted anyway. Clicky for HQ.

Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Timemagazine.th

And for "any other fun holding-mask pictures," here's a picture of me holding a mystery mask during Phantom Fans Week:

Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 22293984 Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 98047488

The woman in the Christine get-up is a reporter who was put into several costumes for a news segment about Fans Week. This picture was taken literally right after I arrived at the filming location (at 6 AM!). I walked up and someone asked me if I wanted a picture with her, then shoved a mask into my hand. I was so confused (who is this person who is not an actress from the show? why is she bald? why is nothing being filmed? why are there only like six other people here?) that I just took it and posed. Afterward I was waving it around a little bit as I talked, casually, not thinking anything of it since I was sure it must just be a prop made for this little filming, but right after they took it from me they put it very carefully into a little bag and then into a box. Was I flinging around the actual mask? Shocked They brought it out again a couple more times. The reporter gal had it for awhile (and flung it around far more than I did, which freaked me out since I was now half-convinced it was the real one), and when some random guys who'd obviously been out partying all night stopped by out of curiosity they let one of them wear it for a picture. Real mask or not, I must admit that I was highly offended.
phantomgirl110
phantomgirl110

http://freewebs.com/little-meg

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:04 pm

That is TOO COOL!!!! Surprised Like, way too cool! Thanks for sharing. And yes, that Times Magazine was the one they used in the RAH concert - or I think it is, anyway. I think they had added a different background, but I'm too lazy to check...

Justin, thanks for the name of that second guy.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  justin1976 Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:21 pm

''Who is this person who is not an actress from the show? why is she bald?'' That just made me laugh out loud Very Happy Very Happy

justin1976

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomsGhost Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:22 pm

The Time magazine cover is the one used during the RAH. I'd know that image anywhere. My parents have subscribed to Time magazine forever, so when that issue came out, back in 1988 I snapped it up. Still have it today :-)

phantomgirl110 those are awesome pics with you and the mask :-)
PhantomsGhost
PhantomsGhost

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:17 pm

justin1976 wrote:''Who is this person who is not an actress from the show? why is she bald?'' That just made me laugh out loud Very Happy Very Happy
Ditto! Laughing

More mask-in-hand pictures? I seem to remember there were one with Marina Prior and/or Anthony Warlow from the early 90s, but I couldn't find it. Also, any from recent London Phantoms?
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:53 pm

operafantomet wrote: Or any other fun "holding-mask" pictures?

Assuming you want us to keep it clean? Lol! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:02 pm

phantomfett wrote:
operafantomet wrote: Or any other fun "holding-mask" pictures?

Assuming you want us to keep it clean? Lol! Laughing

Hey phantomfett, are you talking about Ramin Karimloo's "holding-mask" picture? Wink

Click at your own risk! NSFW!

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:07 pm

Maybe....maybe not....I was looking through my own pics..... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunvendor Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:59 pm

Hey!
I think that the leona lewis picture is Scott davies, but I am certain that that is David Shannon's mask, which looks like(crazy theory coming) the royal albert hall one as that one did not fit Ramin properly IMHO. The Warlow/Prior photo I think included a rehearsal mask as it was very scruffy and unlike his principal mask. Although I have a picture of Warlow with his mask here (apologies i f it does not come up):
https://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa426/thephanfullerton/?action=view&current=l.gif

PS: Devon, those photos were lovely and thank you a lot, but does anyone have a specific karrie vancouver brochure that they have scans from? (Not including the black and white Balkan/Karrie picture you get with google images.)
OG
Bunvendor
Bunvendor

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantom on a Budget Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:03 pm

phantomgirl110 wrote:Was I flinging around the actual mask? Shocked They brought it out again a couple more times. The reporter gal had it for awhile (and flung it around far more than I did, which freaked me out since I was now half-convinced it was the real one), and when some random guys who'd obviously been out partying all night stopped by out of curiosity they let one of them wear it for a picture. Real mask or not, I must admit that I was highly offended.

Was there wire and the leather backing installed? If not, it was likely the prop mask from the end of the Final Lair scene, or just one of the double's masks.
Phantom on a Budget
Phantom on a Budget

http://www.phantomonabudget.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomsGhost Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:19 am

I got my 25th anniversary collection today. It came with a book with images I haven't seen before. Hopefully they're new, too :-) Here are some of them:

Costume sketches:
Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Img_5710

Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Img_5711

Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Img_5712

Posters:

Melbourne
Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Img_5713

Sao Paulo
Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Img_5714

Buenos Ares
Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Img_5715

A cool poster
Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Img_5716

Another cool poster
Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Img_5717

Phantom & Christines:

Melbourne 2007 Ana Marina & Anthony Warlow
Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Img_5718

Denmark 2009 Teresia Baker & Peter Jorde
Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Img_5719

Budapest 2003 Andrea Maho, Atilla Csengery
Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Img_5720

Warsaw 2008
Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Img_5721

Unknown cast, Masquerade close up:
Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Img_5726

2011 RAH Hannibal design reimagined:
Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Img_5722

5K performances in Kyoto 2009-12-13
Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Img_5723

Celebrating the 20th anniversary in 2006
Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Img_5725

(This isn't in the book, just something I got in the mail today)
Michael Crawford, Dale Kristien, Los Angeles cast photo close up.
Rare pictures 2 - Page 6 Img_5724

PhantomsGhost
PhantomsGhost

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:39 am

phantomgirl110 wrote:Afterward I was waving it around a little bit as I talked, casually, not thinking anything of it since I was sure it must just be a prop made for this little filming, but right after they took it from me they put it very carefully into a little bag and then into a box. Was I flinging around the actual mask? Shocked They brought it out again a couple more times. The reporter gal had it for awhile (and flung it around far more than I did, which freaked me out since I was now half-convinced it was the real one), and when some random guys who'd obviously been out partying all night stopped by out of curiosity they let one of them wear it for a picture. Real mask or not, I must admit that I was highly offended.
People just don't respect masks anymore Wink

TAFKaR
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:02 am

phantomfett wrote:Maybe....maybe not....I was looking through my own pics..... Wink
I dare you to surpass that Ramin Karimloo one. Twisted Evil

PhantomsGhost wrote:I got my 25th anniversary collection today. It came with a book with images I haven't seen before. Hopefully they're new, too :-) Here are some of them: (...)
Thank you so much for sharing a bit of the brochure. I'm SO looking forward to get my copy! Iy looks really, really good, judging from your and other scans.

Teresia BOKOR. I hope they haven't misspelt her name in the brochure? But very cool picture to be included from Copenhagen. I love you
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomsGhost Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:10 pm

operafantomet wrote:
PhantomsGhost wrote:I got my 25th anniversary collection today. It came with a book with images I haven't seen before. Hopefully they're new, too :-) Here are some of them: (...)
Thank you so much for sharing a bit of the brochure. I'm SO looking forward to get my copy! Iy looks really, really good, judging from your and other scans.

This isn't the brochure. This is the book from the 25th anniversary collection: http://shop.thephantomoftheopera.com/Store/DII-8832-807-the+phantom+of+the+opera+25th+anniversary+box+set.html

operafantomet wrote:
Teresia BOKOR. I hope they haven't misspelt her name in the brochure? But very cool picture to be included from Copenhagen. I love you

oops. I probably just misspelled it. Embarassed

PhantomsGhost
PhantomsGhost

Back to top Go down

Post  EarlFan Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:38 pm

PhantomsGhost wrote:I got my 25th anniversary collection today. It came with a book with images I haven't seen before. Hopefully they're new, too :-) Here are some of them:

Could you tell us a bit more about what that book that came with the box contains, apart from pictures? The book is pretty much the only thing I'm interested in from that box, at least for the price of £95. If it's a nice book I hope they will sell it separately later on.
EarlFan
EarlFan

http://riasphantomfiles.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next