Rare pictures 1

Page 5 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  Callie Daae on Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:40 pm

Paula74 wrote:Just scanned this...Patti Cohenour and Steve Barton.

Clicky...



OMG do you have anymore with this cast????? Smile

Callie Daae

Posts : 351
Join date : 2009-10-01
Age : 22
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  Viscountess on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:22 pm

Paula74 wrote:
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/Paula74/Misc/?action=view&current=cohenourbarton.jpg
I love how in 96% of Masquerade pictures, the Triangle Girl is strategically too far to the left, yet the rest of the "Little Band" is in the shot.

Viscountess

Posts : 266
Join date : 2009-09-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  operafantomet on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:41 am

Paula, that scan is awesome! So rare to see early Broadway pics online. Thanks for sharing!

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  Paula74 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:56 pm

Callie Daae wrote:
Paula74 wrote:Just scanned this...Patti Cohenour and Steve Barton.

Clicky...



OMG do you have anymore with this cast????? Smile

I think that's the only one I have.

I don't remember where I saved this (ages ago), but I love this shot of Sarah Brightman. I wish the whole 2004 movie had looked more like that WYWSHA video.



And I just found this 1999 photo of Hugh as The Phantom on a now gone Phan site on Geocities. I wish I could find a large copy.


Paula74

Posts : 626
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 42
Location : Monsieur Madeleine's office

View user profile http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Several Rare Photos...

Post  PhantomJT on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:38 am

Hi everyone,

Rebecca and I finally broke down earlier this month and purchased a scanner...and went through hundreds and hundreds of photos and albums. We selected a handful of 'keepers' and scanned them all in. Our poor laptop has over 9,000 photos right now...(not all of Phantom...but a good few thousand are related - LOL).

As a facebook user, I found their site easy to load up a few of my favourite ones. In the next few days I may add more...but here is a taste Smile

(I know Anea saw one in particular and she REALLY wanted me to post it...so check it out...it's number 34).

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=329115&id=663090471&l=6b4bb9e3ad

~PhantomJT~

PhantomJT

Posts : 49
Join date : 2009-10-08
Location : Toronto, ON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  operafantomet on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:45 am

PhantomJT wrote:
(I know Anea saw one in particular and she REALLY wanted me to post it...so check it out...it's number 34).

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=329115&id=663090471&l=6b4bb9e3ad

~PhantomJT~

What a Face

Thank you for sharing those scans, Jeff (and Rebecca). It was awesome to get a glimpse into the Toronto Phantom world, into a production I dig although I never saw it live.

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  Scorp on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:14 am

PhantomJT wrote:Hi everyone,

Rebecca and I finally broke down earlier this month and purchased a scanner...and went through hundreds and hundreds of photos and albums. We selected a handful of 'keepers' and scanned them all in. Our poor laptop has over 9,000 photos right now...(not all of Phantom...but a good few thousand are related - LOL).

As a facebook user, I found their site easy to load up a few of my favourite ones. In the next few days I may add more...but here is a taste Smile

(I know Anea saw one in particular and she REALLY wanted me to post it...so check it out...it's number 34).

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=329115&id=663090471&l=6b4bb9e3ad

~PhantomJT~

Wow, what a treat! cheers Love the ones of you in costume. (And surprisingly, you don't even look bad wearing that Hannibal costume... Laughing ). This made me nostalgic; wish I had gone to see the Toronto production before it closed... Sad

_________________
In Hal Prince we trust.

Scorp

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2009-09-21

View user profile http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  PhantomJT on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:18 am

Scorp wrote:
Wow, what a treat! cheers Love the ones of you in costume. (And surprisingly, you don't even look bad wearing that Hannibal costume... Laughing ). This made me nostalgic; wish I had gone to see the Toronto production before it closed... Sad

LOL - Thanks! Yes...the Hannibal costume was for sure a fun one to try on....and I was daring myself to post the photo up for all to see. Looks like folks enjoy it...I think I get more comments on that one then the rest! hahahaha...

I agree- going through all the photos has made me very nostalgic...and has made me want to get back into performing...so maybe that'll be my new thing for the new year Smile I'll post a few more photos to that folder later this weekend!
~PhantomJT

PhantomJT

Posts : 49
Join date : 2009-10-08
Location : Toronto, ON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  Rebecca on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:25 pm

Well, since Jeff has posted the link for his Phantom photo collection on FaceBook, I figured I would do the same:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=331855&id=671195612&l=867b30d1d0

I did try to make it entertaining, though I can't claim to have anything quite so remarkably... amusing? as Jeff in the Hannibal costume. He was very, um, pretty? LOL! That's my sweetie!! Laughing

But anyway, just thought I'd share, since we were goofy enough to both make 'Phantom' photo albums online this week. It's definitely made us both feel very nostalgic! Aw, I miss the good ol' days at the Pantages! Although I'd certainly be happy just to go see the show somewhere again soon. It's been a year, and for us that may well be a record! Sad

~Rebecca

Rebecca

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-09-23
Location : Toronto, ON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  Scorp on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:54 pm

Rebecca wrote:Well, since Jeff has posted the link for his Phantom photo collection on FaceBook, I figured I would do the same:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=331855&id=671195612&l=867b30d1d0

I did try to make it entertaining, though I can't claim to have anything quite so remarkably... amusing? as Jeff in the Hannibal costume. He was very, um, pretty? LOL! That's my sweetie!! Laughing

But anyway, just thought I'd share, since we were goofy enough to both make 'Phantom' photo albums online this week. It's definitely made us both feel very nostalgic! Aw, I miss the good ol' days at the Pantages! Although I'd certainly be happy just to go see the show somewhere again soon. It's been a year, and for us that may well be a record! Sad

~Rebecca

OMG! Rebecca, I am now convinced that it WAS you after all who sold me a programme at the Apollo when I went to see Mary Stuart! Gutted that you're not on this side of the Atlantic any more! Sad Come back!

And three things:

1) You were an exchange student in Quimper?? How did you like it there? I know Quimper very well and have friends there because I lived in Brest for a year (not far off, you probably know it). Please tell me that you took the opportunity to travel to Lannion and Perros-Guirec for obvious Phantom reasons!

2) HAHAHA I remember seeing that Tube poster after I saw the film and I had EXACTLY the same reaction! I have a bigger pic of it somewhere on my comp...(though not with me replicating your awesome reactions Laughing ).

3) I feel I should support Jeff on this matter. Clearly that foot IS a lever to open some secret trap door. You were probably just too inobservant to notice anything. Wink

_________________
In Hal Prince we trust.

Scorp

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2009-09-21

View user profile http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  Rebecca on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:41 pm

Scorp wrote:
Rebecca wrote:Well, since Jeff has posted the link for his Phantom photo collection on FaceBook, I figured I would do the same:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=331855&id=671195612&l=867b30d1d0

I did try to make it entertaining, though I can't claim to have anything quite so remarkably... amusing? as Jeff in the Hannibal costume. He was very, um, pretty? LOL! That's my sweetie!! Laughing

But anyway, just thought I'd share, since we were goofy enough to both make 'Phantom' photo albums online this week. It's definitely made us both feel very nostalgic! Aw, I miss the good ol' days at the Pantages! Although I'd certainly be happy just to go see the show somewhere again soon. It's been a year, and for us that may well be a record! Sad

~Rebecca

OMG! Rebecca, I am now convinced that it WAS you after all who sold me a programme at the Apollo when I went to see Mary Stuart! Gutted that you're not on this side of the Atlantic any more! Sad Come back!

And three things:

1) You were an exchange student in Quimper?? How did you like it there? I know Quimper very well and have friends there because I lived in Brest for a year (not far off, you probably know it). Please tell me that you took the opportunity to travel to Lannion and Perros-Guirec for obvious Phantom reasons!

2) HAHAHA I remember seeing that Tube poster after I saw the film and I had EXACTLY the same reaction! I have a bigger pic of it somewhere on my comp...(though not with me replicating your awesome reactions Laughing ).

3) I feel I should support Jeff on this matter. Clearly that foot IS a lever to open some secret trap door. You were probably just too inobservant to notice anything. Wink

OMG! Small world!!! You should've said something! Even though we went to Phantom a lot we hardly ever got to meet other phans, 'cause we almost always had to go to Tuesday matinees. It was the only show that didn't conflict with our work schedule. And how did you like Mary Stuart?? We loved it!! Never got sick of it! We're sad we're not in London anymore either Sad We really enjoyed living there very, very much!

I loved Quimper! It was gorgeous, and I had a great time living with my french family there :-) We went to the beach almost every day - so nice! We went camping in Perros-Guirec for about 4 days, as my exchange partners Grandma lived there. We went to her house, but we stayed at a campsite with friends. Her other Grandma lived in Brest, so we got to go there too. I recall many, many creperies... soooo good!

I'm glad we weren't the only ones gagging at Gerik in the subway... We gave it a fair try, but we really, genuinely could not stomach it. No!

Hmmm, jury is out on the secret lever... Perhaps we didn't notice anything because our minds were set against it? But I'm thinking maybe it's just a loose foot that crazy phans have been yanking on for 100 years... LOL! Laughing

~Rebecca

Rebecca

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-09-23
Location : Toronto, ON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  PhantomJT on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:18 pm

Scorp wrote:

3) I feel I should support Jeff on this matter. Clearly that foot IS a lever to open some secret trap door. You were probably just too inobservant to notice anything. Wink

LOL! I told you so Rebecca!!! That secret lever DOES open some trap door somewhere in the Opera House! I know it does!

Thanks for agreeing with me Scorp! I think Rebecca should post the video I have of the foot lever in action so everyone on the board can see it in action Smile

~PhantomJT

PhantomJT

Posts : 49
Join date : 2009-10-08
Location : Toronto, ON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Facebook Lost the photos!!

Post  PhantomJT on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:35 pm

DAMN YOU!!!! CURSE YOU!!!!!

I had 72 photos (as per my last post with the link) and facebook lost the photos somehow! I now have to reload all the photos and captions!!! ARRGHH!!! I am soooo pissed right now!!!

PhantomJT

Posts : 49
Join date : 2009-10-08
Location : Toronto, ON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  Callie Daae on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:53 pm

Does anyone have the pic with Michael Crawford and Maria Kesselman during Point Of No Return where he's handing her the wine goblet??? Smile

Callie Daae

Posts : 351
Join date : 2009-10-01
Age : 22
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  Rebecca on Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:51 pm

PhantomJT wrote:
Thanks for agreeing with me Scorp! I think Rebecca should post the video I have of the foot lever in action so everyone on the board can see it in action Smile

~PhantomJT

Okay, okay.... Here's the link for Jeffs "secret lever". I have to warn you, of all the many, many segments I uploaded for our "Phans 2000" project this one is probably the sketchiest quality, but we just found it too silly to leave out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q992U-Xhx5A

~Rebecca

Rebecca

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-09-23
Location : Toronto, ON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New Link for Photos

Post  PhantomJT on Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:14 pm

PhantomJT wrote:DAMN YOU!!!! CURSE YOU!!!!!

I had 72 photos (as per my last post with the link) and facebook lost the photos somehow! I now have to reload all the photos and captions!!! ARRGHH!!! I am soooo pissed right now!!!

Hey everyone - I've just reloaded all photos (plus a bunch more). Please take a peak...and if you had made a comment about the photo before, please re-add because they've all gone missing. Some one you had some very funny comments...and I miss them!!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=332715&id=663090471&l=5b9b61fd5c

~PhantomJT

PhantomJT

Posts : 49
Join date : 2009-10-08
Location : Toronto, ON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  Viscountess on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:08 am

Callie Daae wrote:Does anyone have the pic with Michael Crawford and Maria Kesselman during Point Of No Return where he's handing her the wine goblet??? Smile
I have a better version but can't find it at the moment.


Viscountess

Posts : 266
Join date : 2009-09-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  Callie Daae on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:44 pm

Viscountess wrote:
Callie Daae wrote:Does anyone have the pic with Michael Crawford and Maria Kesselman during Point Of No Return where he's handing her the wine goblet??? Smile
I have a better version but can't find it at the moment.


Thanks so much! If you find the other version make sure you post that one too. Very Happy

Callie Daae

Posts : 351
Join date : 2009-10-01
Age : 22
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  Callie Daae on Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:16 pm

Anybody got any pics of Susan Cuthbert? Smile

Callie Daae

Posts : 351
Join date : 2009-10-01
Age : 22
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  phantomgirl110 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:28 pm

I love how I keep finding the same US tour pictures over and over again, in slightly better quality each time.


Tim Martin Gleason


Tim Martin Gleason & Trista Moldovan


Kelly Jeanne Grant


I also found these unlabelled pictures. I could probably guess who's in them, particularly the Masquerade shot, but I'm too paranoid to guess wrong and look stupid.






And for something truly random, here's a small feature about Kara Klein in Dance Spirit magazine from a couple of years ago.





My apologies for the huge size, but for some reason all of the sites I usually use to make thumbnails have gone all wonky. I'll fix them later if I can/need to.

phantomgirl110

Posts : 246
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 28
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

View user profile http://freewebs.com/little-meg

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  SenorSwanky on Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:54 pm

The is the cutest proposal story I've ever heard.

SenorSwanky

Posts : 1632
Join date : 2009-09-25
Age : 31
Location : Raleigh, NC

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  operafantomet on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:27 am

phantomgirl110 wrote:
I also found these unlabelled pictures. I could probably guess who's in them, particularly the Masquerade shot, but I'm too paranoid to guess wrong and look stupid.

http://i33.tinypic.com/28iyfbc.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/wksg1w.jpg
Aren't those from Chicago and/or Karen Culliver? Not sure, but it reminds of her.

Now for something TRULY random....



Malin is sick
Angela is sick
Narissa doesn't dance (today)
Eva is Carlotta
Birgit is Angela
Aleksandra is Malin
Hayley is Narissa

Such info sheets was always posted in a big board inside the stage door of Det Ny Teater in Copenhagen. And it made me giggle every time, especially the identity swaps... "Birgit is Angela". Laughing

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  EarlFan on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:39 am

operafantomet wrote:
Eva is Carlotta
Birgit is Angela
Aleksandra is Malin
Hayley is Narissa

A bit confusing, all these identity swaps Laughing

EarlFan

Posts : 278
Join date : 2009-09-21
Location : Sweden

View user profile http://riasphantomfiles.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  operafantomet on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:43 am

EarlFan wrote:
operafantomet wrote:
Eva is Carlotta
Birgit is Angela
Aleksandra is Malin
Hayley is Narissa

A bit confusing, all these identity swaps Laughing

"And I am Santa Claus..." santa I was always tempted to write something like that on the list. Cool

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  Callie Daae on Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:54 pm

Does anyone have any of these pics in bigger & better quality???

Susan Cuthbert:





Dale Kristien:






Callie Daae

Posts : 351
Join date : 2009-10-01
Age : 22
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  Raphael on Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:49 pm

phantomgirl110 wrote:

http://i34.tinypic.com/wksg1w.jpg
That's definitely Karen Culliver and Keith Buterbaugh.

R.

_________________
Proud former member of TMCPMC
Keeper of Brianne Morgan's Masquerade hip-swish
www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Raphael

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2009-09-22
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

View user profile http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  phantomgirl110 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:32 am

Raphael wrote:
phantomgirl110 wrote:

http://i34.tinypic.com/wksg1w.jpg
That's definitely Karen Culliver and Keith Buterbaugh.

R.
Ugh, now I'm annoyed at myself for not going out on a limb and guessing. That's exactly who I thought it was.

phantomgirl110

Posts : 246
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 28
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

View user profile http://freewebs.com/little-meg

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  Callie Daae on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:52 am

Does anyone who the Meg is in this pic??? Smile



Callie Daae

Posts : 351
Join date : 2009-10-01
Age : 22
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  operafantomet on Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:49 pm

I came across a rare Ashe/Brightman picture some months ago, I think it was in a Swedish musical theatre book called "Evita, Cats, Fantomen och de andra". The picture is from 1986, and shows Rosemary Ashe wearing the Countess costume without the over robe with sleeves - something I of course found highly interesting. She's been wearing it in all other pics I've seen, so maybe there were some mishaps in the quick change (or maybe the pic is from previews)?

Don't think I've seen this pic elsewhere. Wish I had a better version of it, but I was in the library and only took a rapid snapshot of the page. The same book has a version of the "Pitiful creature of darkness...." lyric in Swedish which I've never seen before. The rhythm of the words don't quite seem to match the music, but the rhyme is interesting... Josefine, was that lyric ever used on stage?


_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  operafantomet on Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:39 pm

Karin Fridh, Carlotta in Copenhagen in 2002.... or was it 2003?:



Luuuvin' that full Elissa skirt! But what's up with the make-up?

From her official site, here: http://karinfridh.com/english/default.asp?page=galleri

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:38 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum