Phantom Props! + Hey I'm new!!

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Phantom Props! + Hey I'm new!!

Post  Madame Giry on Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:40 am

phantomgirl110 wrote:Others I'd go for are Madame Giry's pimp cane,...

You and I would have to have an epic smackdown over that one, my friend. Wink

And to thephanfullerton, while I'm sure we all appreciate your enthusiasm and love of the show, I will also throw my hat in with PoAB. Those of us who collect Phantom props and other unique show items have usually had to wait and work for years to find and acquire such pieces. They're not things we'd give up lightly, if at all. Indicating your interest in buying props once is all well and good, but demanding that people confess ownership of certain pieces is a bit much.

Good luck with your collecting, though. It takes a lot of patience and hard work but when you do come up with that new addition to your collection it is well worth the effort. Smile

~Madame~

Madame Giry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:47 am

I actually used to know someone who had one of those....He might still have it....

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:36 am

Hey crazy Giry Lady--pm sent Wink

Last edited by phantomfett on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Devon on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:11 am

Madame Giry wrote:

And to thephanfullerton, while I'm sure we all appreciate your enthusiasm and love of the show, I will also throw my hat in with PoAB. Those of us who collect Phantom props and other unique show items have usually had to wait and work for years to find and acquire such pieces. They're not things we'd give up lightly, if at all. Indicating your interest in buying props once is all well and good, but demanding that people confess ownership of certain pieces is a bit much.

Good luck with your collecting, though. It takes a lot of patience and hard work but when you do come up with that new addition to your collection it is well worth the effort. Smile

~Madame~

I agree. Perhaps someone could start a "Wants/Selling" page here on the forum that way people who seek out certain items could post there instead of other threads. Either that or pm'ing is a good way to get in touch with other members without posting on the board. My two cents! :-)

Devon

View user profile http://devonsdomain.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:00 pm

Devon wrote:
I agree. Perhaps someone could start a "Wants/Selling" page here on the forum that way people who seek out certain items could post there instead of other threads.

I actually really like this idea because I have a bunch of Phantomy and musical theatre things packed away that I'd like to sell or trade off without the hassle of having to go through eBay. Mods, any possibility of this happening?

~Madame~

Madame Giry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunvendor on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:26 pm

Hey all,
just to stop the growing party of people started by Phantomonabudget, I was not going to beg for the mask, anyway, I was merely interested to know idf the owner is here as I heard the picture was from a forum. I also suspected that it was Masqphan's as she had told me that she owned one that fitted the details, and I knew that she was never going to sell it due to her friendship with Mr Karrie. I think some people have forgot that this was a thread to discuss props, and I only said that if you wanted to sell, then you could PM me. Most of my questions are out of interest only. Phantomfett, if you did know of a man with a mask, then please PM me, as it would be well appreciated
Regards,
OG

Bunvendor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:56 pm

There are a few people on Ebay that sell quality replicas. Some real ones show up on there, as well. It has a lot to do with luck! pm coming your way too.

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomgirl110 on Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:00 pm

Madame Giry wrote:

In this case, I would bow out gracefully. But only for you! Because I think you might hit me with it and then send me to my room. And then it would somehow be my fault.

I would expect you to do the same for me if any Meg-related props or costumes came between us, mind you.

phantomgirl110

View user profile http://freewebs.com/little-meg

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet on Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:49 pm

phantomgirl110 wrote:
Madame Giry wrote:
In this case, I would bow out gracefully. But only for you! Because I think you might hit me with it and then send me to my room. And then it would somehow be my fault.

I would expect you to do the same for me if any Meg-related props or costumes came between us, mind you.
Chivalry at its best! Smile

operafantomet

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan on Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:25 pm

thephanfullerton wrote:Hey all,
just to stop the growing party of people started by Phantomonabudget, I was not going to beg for the mask, anyway, I was merely interested to know if the owner is here. I also suspected that it was Masqphan's as she had told me that she owned one that fitted the details, and I knew that she was never going to sell it due to her friendship with Mr Karrie. I think some people have forgot that this was a thread to discuss props, and I only said that if you wanted to sell, then you could PM me. Most of my questions are out of interest only. Phantomfett, if you did know of a man with a mask, then please PM me, as it would be well appreciated
Regards,
OG

No harm done. I think many of us were super enthusiastic in the beginning when wanting to get a collection started...At least it was in my case. he he Very Happy

I think it might be a good idea to start a section for folks to post items they have to sale/trade that is separate from the eBay section. The only caveat would be that Deserted Phans, the forum owner and we moderators are not responsible for any loss/damage etc should a transaction between members goes wrong. Members could post items they would like to sell etc and interested persons could PM them privately about them. Anéa, as list owner, are you in agreement with that suggestion?

MasqPhan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet on Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:29 pm

MasqPhan wrote:I think it might be a good idea to start a section for folks to post items they have to sale/trade that is separate from the eBay section. The only caveat would be that Deserted Phans, the forum owner and we moderators are not responsible for any loss/damage etc should a transaction between members goes wrong. Members could post items they would like to sell etc and interested persons could PM them privately about them. Anéa, as list owner, are you in agreement with that suggestion?
Oh definitely. As long as we're talking legitimate, legal products, and as long as people make the final arrangements through PMs, I think that could be a fun thing. Good idea!

operafantomet

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan on Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:53 pm

operafantomet wrote:
MasqPhan wrote:I think it might be a good idea to start a section for folks to post items they have to sale/trade that is separate from the eBay section. The only caveat would be that Deserted Phans, the forum owner and we moderators are not responsible for any loss/damage etc should a transaction between members goes wrong. Members could post items they would like to sell etc and interested persons could PM them privately about them. Anéa, as list owner, are you in agreement with that suggestion?
Oh definitely. As long as we're talking legitimate, legal products, and as long as people make the final arrangements through PMs, I think that could be a fun thing. Good idea!

Ah right! Forgot about stuff like bootlegs...Definitely no, no.

MasqPhan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:39 pm

phantomgirl110 wrote:
Madame Giry wrote:

Oh, it would absolutely be your fault! Razz

And have no fear, frilly and pink sparkly stuff holds no interest for me. Wink

~Madame~

Madame Giry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Devon on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:42 am

MasqPhan wrote:
operafantomet wrote:

Ah right! Forgot about stuff like bootlegs...Definitely no, no.

Yes, the actual "want/sell" thread would be great but totally agree, no bootlegs. Only legit items. And I agree with the pm'ing as well. Once you have read someone's post regarding a want or selling an item, just "pm" them so there is privacy and keeps the threads from going on and on...hehe

Devon

View user profile http://devonsdomain.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunvendor on Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:10 pm

Great idea Masqphan! I hope you don't mind, but to get the ball rolling I posted the thread, the exclusive deserted phans for sale page is up and running! Now to play the waiting game...

Bunvendor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:26 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top