Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love Never Dies - all views allowed

+54
phantomphan1992
Lucy
operaphan
Lycanthrope
justin-from-barbados
sk8phan
auctioneer
Soprano Rose
Madame Giry
Viscountess
ML6
Josephine
LoveShouldDie
Demodiki
starryeyed
Riene
MCfan
orange_peas
ladyghost
IamErik771
Amyable_Nature
phantom10906
The White Half-Mask
Phantom on a Budget
AngelofMusic
fondestgreeting
tiawhitecat
Cape Twirl of Doom
PhantomJT
MasqPhan
phantomgirl110
TGITPC
aussiephan
Mandrake
Becky
Christine's Shadow
InkedAlchemist
Rebecca
LadyCDaae
Callie Daae
Raphael
HDKingsbury
Phantomlove
SenorSwanky
Amberly_Nichole
Helen
Miss von Krolock
EarlFan
carlottawannabe
operafantomet
HerMajesty
Phantom Cat
Scorp
Paula74
58 posters

Page 19 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

Love Never Dies - all views allowed - Page 19 Empty Re: Love Never Dies - all views allowed

Post  starryeyed Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:27 pm

Edited: OOPS! Someone got in before me... carry on.

To add though I can't believe Raoul sings two songs in a bar! I mean come on! And he seems to falter off at some point... so he does just leave then? What a load of...

Last edited by dolly-ry on Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Love Never Dies - all views allowed - Page 19 Empty Re: Love Never Dies - all views allowed

Post  ML6 Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:28 pm

dolly-ry wrote:Edited: OOPS! Someone got in before me... carry on.

Ah, you were going to post what I just did. Good. Very Happy Because at least two of us saw that interesting tidbit on the main site.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:31 pm

Reading it I seemed to have got Meg and Fleck confused at points in the previews. I thought it was Meg talking to Madame Giry in "That's the Place You Ruined..." clearly not.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:35 pm

dolly-ry wrote:Reading it I seemed to have got Meg and Fleck confused at points in the previews. I thought it was Meg talking to Madame Giry in "That's the Place You Ruined..." clearly not.

Fleck has a god-awful voice. It sounds like the 'secret keeper' from Woman in White. She whines...
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:26 pm

So it seems like at some point the Phantom entices/kidnaps Gustave and brings him to The Aerie (see the character listings for the numbers 'Beautiful' and 'The Beauty Underneath').

Not sure how I feel about that, but 'warm and fuzzy' doesn't quite do it. Razz

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:46 pm

Madame Giry wrote:So it seems like at some point the Phantom entices/kidnaps Gustave and brings him to The Aerie (see the character listings for the numbers 'Beautiful' and 'The Beauty Underneath').

~Madame~

If anything, I'd be SCARED out of my mind if I was a child walking into this crazy man's torture chamber. I honestly thought that he was singing the song to Christine! Gustave has SUCH a girly voice, its so off putting to me.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:50 pm

I didnt get the impression he was kidnapped, and i surely dont get the impression from interviews that the phantom's new lair "the Aerie" is a gloomy touture chamber. Im sure it will end up being a glistening loft like appartment high in the manhatten sky line.
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:57 pm

justin-from-barbados wrote:I didnt get the impression he was kidnapped, and i surely dont get the impression from interviews that the phantom's new lair "the Aerie" is a gloomy touture chamber. Im sure it will end up being a glistening loft like appartment high in the manhatten sky line.

I was being comical when I mentioned torture chamber. The song is creepy. So I just assumed that the apartment might have some torture devices or something inside.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:26 pm

there is a little bit in that song that reminds me of the one from "tell me on a sunday" when she is on the flight from London to NYC.
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:31 pm

justin-from-barbados wrote:there is a little bit in that song that reminds me of the one from "tell me on a sunday" when she is on the flight from London to NYC.

The Julian Clary song?! Oh dear God.
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amyable_Nature Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:34 pm

I notice Raoul is missing in scenes 7-9...uhmmm.... Shocked
Amyable_Nature
Amyable_Nature

http://www.instagram.com/amyable_nature

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:44 pm

Amyable_Nature wrote:I notice Raoul is missing in scenes 7-9...uhmmm.... Shocked

I noticed that too. ... In one of the songs, with that horrible rhyme sceme: "Madame Giry was here... with that evil little snear...", the Viscount was to have been seen 'leaving the theatre' with 'nobody in the carriage'.

... Curious. Most curious.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:54 pm

Madame Giry wrote:So it seems like at some point the Phantom entices/kidnaps Gustave and brings him to The Aerie (see the character listings for the numbers 'Beautiful' and 'The Beauty Underneath').

~Madame~

The word "squicky" definitely comes to mind, especially after hearing that "Beauty Underneath" clip.

Now I have this terrible image of the Phantom inviting Gustave to find the candy in his pocket... Suspect

~LCD

LadyCDaae

http://musicalhell.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:58 pm

I swear to god if Raoul just leaves and that's it, like he just leaves I will actually... I don't know what I'll do but I'll not be happy.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:00 am

dolly-ry wrote:I swear to god if Raoul just leaves and that's it, like he just leaves I will actually... I don't know what I'll do but I'll not be happy.

You'll know he'll probably give up and out himself from this musical. I hope he goes back to France and just leaves this clutterf*ck behind him. 'Cause, if I was Raoul, and after everything I went through, I wouldn't care for anybody after Christine and the Phantom literally screwed me over.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:04 am

I see it that way too. And Gustave is clearly going to love The Phantom so yes, actually I review what I said and concede I actually hope he keeps up his whining and protesting and then just leaves. All the better for him.

I was more annoyed at the fact of not having Raoul in the final scenes, I mean he is just some supporting character here. It is as if ALW wrote the whole musical without him in it and just had Christine come over and then someone said to him "look you are going to have to include Raoul somewhere" and he just butchered the character and got him out the way as soon as possible.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Amyable_Nature Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:20 am

...and I'm probably going to have more sympathy for Raoul than any other character in this hot mess.
Amyable_Nature
Amyable_Nature

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:30 am

Behold the violation of the Adelphi Sad :

Love Never Dies - all views allowed - Page 19 Pic_MY7_l

Expect the main marquee billboard will go up very soon. (The random white blobs are snow, in case anyone was wondering!).

By the way, I managed to get a bit of goss from an indiscreet lady at the box office today...she says that not one of the previews except the very first on the 20th has sold out yet. I'm sort of surprised... Perhaps this show isn't doing as well as people make it out to be doing? Especially considering I went to Her Majesty's straight after and most of the performances for next week are very near to selling out (largely because it's school holidays that week).
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amyable_Nature Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:37 am

Scorp wrote:Behold the violation of the Adelphi Sad :

Don't worry. I'm sure that what's on the inside is going to be much more hideous.
Amyable_Nature
Amyable_Nature

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:26 am

dolly-ry wrote:I swear to god if Raoul just leaves and that's it, like he just leaves I will actually... I don't know what I'll do but I'll not be happy.
If so, he seems to be the only sensible character in Phantom II. It makes me root for him, both in the damned sequel and in the original. From this on I will probably cheer every time he wins the gal in "Final Lair"! sunny
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:58 am

PS - I know I'm asking for much here....

BUT... if we're going by the "old Raoul" clips in the 2004 movie... Raoul is seen as old and broken down, and Christine is dead. If we're to go by ALW, his fragile condition might be due to his alcoholism. At least we know HE isn't the one dying in LND.

But: he still keeps a private nurse, and he has a private automobil with his family crest at the side.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Raoul broke? Hmmm, possible explanations:

a) the sequel isn't a sequel, it's an independent piece which is not to be consistent with the original show and the movie, it's not intended to be, and you're silly tho think otherwise...

b) ah, but Christine still loves Raoul too, and since she now is happy with the Phantom, she is sending Raoul money on a regular basis...

c) Raoul was evil, he hid his family fortune away and pretended to be broke, just to annoy Christine...

d) other family members decided to help him when he finally got rid of that cheating wife of his...
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantomlove Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:44 am

Hm, if I'm Andrew Lloyd Webber I think that number c is correct Anéa cyclops rabbit .

And don't judge the Phantom in the original too hard (by cheering Raoul everytime he wins the gal I mean). The original Phantom can't help that that fan fiction writer!Andrew screwed up his character in his non sequel and made him sing things like "The Beauty Underneath". I think the original Phantom is a sad panda because of this afro . Or, perhaps more like furious.

Phantomlove

http://siggesot.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:39 am

First preview is cancelled, just got this email:

It is with great regret that we have taken the early decision to cancel the
first preview of Love Never Dies at The Adelphi Theatre on February 20th.
This complex show is half way through its technical production period, as we
write this letter, and it is clear that we need the two extra days' work
which will take us to Monday February 22nd. We are not, at this time, behind
schedule and everything is looking extremely promising. Planning ahead,
however, it is clear we would only be able to present an exhausted company on
stage at the end of next week and, possibly, a show still not in a technically
safe and secure state. Rather than spring this on you at the last minute, we
have taken an early decision to cancel.

Most other previews are already heavily sold, but as a precautionary measure
we have held back seats for the performances on Friday March 5th and Monday
March 8th for customers who have been affected.

We are aware that many of the audience who planned to see the show on
February 20th bought tickets explicitly because it would have been the first
public performance. This, of course, has an inbuilt risk to it, as it is not
infrequent that the plan of a new show's arrival is knocked off course by
technical demands. We are, nevertheless, very sorry to disappoint those who
hoped to see the first performance. We will try to keep to schedule over the
next ten days and aim for a dress rehearsal on February 20th. We fervently
hope that we may be sufficiently prepared for this to be a public dress
rehearsal. If we can do that, we will contact you by Friday evening February
19th and you will be most welcome to join us for that special occasion as
well as having your preview seats re-booked. You will appreciate that this is
an ambition and an aim and we cannot guarantee it, but maybe you can will us
along.

Hmmm, I can't decide whether to be pleased I've got my money back, or annoyed that my morbid curiosity won't be sated! I doubt I'll rebook unless they offer some sort of discount.
Lucy
Lucy

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:46 am

Phantomlove wrote:Hm, if I'm Andrew Lloyd Webber I think that number c is correct Anéa cyclops rabbit .

And don't judge the Phantom in the original too hard (by cheering Raoul everytime he wins the gal I mean). The original Phantom can't help that that fan fiction writer!Andrew screwed up his character in his non sequel and made him sing things like "The Beauty Underneath". I think the original Phantom is a sad panda because of this afro . Or, perhaps more like furious.
True, true. Still dig the original Phantom. Smile

So they announced the cancelled previews... Hmmm. I'm actually a bit surprised the previews aren't sold out entirely, but I guess that's good news for those who want new tickets. Ah well, it's not uncommon that there are cancellations and problems with the previews, that's what they're for, to make the premiere smooth.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:52 am

I am actually quite sad about that. I know I wasn't going but I am actually imagining how some of the people who had booked to see that show specifically will feel and that's made me quite sad.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:53 pm

I was hopeing they would have klept the
A
D
E
L
P
H
I
coming down the side. "love never dies" is so much lettering as compared to "joseph" and "chicago"

back to Raoul, anyone else want to bet that "How could she love me" follows the tune as "learn to be lonely" or "no one would listen" and is a self pitty fest in the bar?
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:56 pm

I have a picture of him face down in the bar in between singing for some reason...

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:56 pm

dolly-ry wrote:I have a picture of him face down in the bar in between singing for some reason...

I'm beginning to hope a WHOLE DIFFERENT (and better story) takes place in that bar. Yay, Raoul is going to go on a drunken adventure so much more amazing than this stupid musical.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandrake Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:15 pm

Lucy wrote:First preview is cancelled, just got this email:

Hmmm, I can't decide whether to be pleased I've got my money back, or annoyed that my morbid curiosity won't be sated! I doubt I'll rebook unless they offer some sort of discount.

I got that email on my BlackBerry when I was in a meeting this morning. It made me say a very, very bad word. I had tickets for Phantom on the 19th, hotel booked for Friday and Saturday, restaurants booked, plans made, etc. Now all up in the air.

Still, at least it relieves me of making a decision as to whether or not to go. If there was any performance I'd have liked to see, it would have been the first; but Monday's no good for me. I suspect when I hear what others say of the show I won't want to go anyway, so perhaps it's all for the best. Unless the incredibly unlikely happens and people here start saying LND is actually good, I suspect I will now never want to see the show.

Also, I've only now read the last paragraph properly and it has annoyed me even more... So I shouldn't make plans for Saturday the 20th until someone from this appalling shambles tells me, the night before, whether or not I can go to a public "dress rehearsal".

Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:34 pm

I'm sorry for you. I know preview performances always is a risk, but it still sucks none-the-less to have the whole trip screwed up. I'm thinking they'll do a public rehearsal, though. If the previews aren't sold out by now, I'm sure they'll be interested in keeping your money in the system and in general avoid as many refunds as they can.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next