The London production 2

Page 6 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  Scorp on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:58 am

Is anyone interested in going to Julian Lloyd Webber's 60th birthday gala at the RFH on 14 April? Earlfan and I were thinking of going. Phantasia is part of the line up and Andy will be there, as will Melvyn Bragg.

http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/find/music/classical/tickets/julian-lloyd-webber-anniversary-gala-55245

_________________
In Hal Prince we trust.

Scorp

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2009-09-21

View user profile http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  operafantomet on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:58 pm

ifonlyidont wrote:operafantomet, how many different main casts have you seen? As I've only seen it since the most recent cast I keep reading about previous casts and wishing I had seen them!
Haven't seen all that many in London. 6 or 7 different ones, with main Phantoms being JOJ (in his earlier run), Earl Carpenter and David Shannon. But adding Hamburg, Essen and Copenhagen, I have seen many different leads and variations. And I've loved them all, with some very few exceptions.

ifonlyidont wrote:Does anyone think that seeing it too many times can spoil it? Admitedly, during the first act of my second viewing, I couldn't stop comparing things and didn't feel very into it and was wondering if I regretted going again within 6 months of the first viewing. But then the 2nd act started and I knew I had not made a mistake in going again!
For me personally, no. I did several double-dips in Copenhagen in 2009, and in total I think I saw Phantom 10 times in 5 months. I would never do that with any other musicals, but with Phantom I keep discovering new things. The little details the cast adds in Hannibal, strange blocking done my minor characters in Masquerade, how the boat scene actually functions, different approaches in the Final Lair... I like watching the design and the choreography, and I like what different actors bring to their respective roles. With only one new lead the whole dynamic can change.

But I don't think I would have the guts to see the exact same cast over and over and over again. Part of the fun in Copenhagen was that they had two Phantoms, two Christines, two Carlottas and two Piangis, and the matinée cast was never the same as the evening cast. So seeing the musical many times could never spoil it for me, but seeing the exact same cast multiple times might be overkill.

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  Helen on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:50 am

ifonlyidont wrote:Does anyone think that seeing it too many times can spoil it? Admitedly, during the first act of my second viewing, I couldn't stop comparing things and didn't feel very into it and was wondering if I regretted going again within 6 months of the first viewing. But then the 2nd act started and I knew I had not made a mistake in going again!

I'm not sure. It was over a year between my first and second viewings so I had forgotten a lot of details and apart from Carlotta and Piangi, the cast was totally different. I usually notice different things in each performance, and I agree with Operafantomet that even a small change in the cast can change things. It's interesting to see how different actors interact with each other. I've only seen Phantom in London, but Scott Davies and Sofia Escobar are the only Phantom and Christine pair that I've seen more than once.

Part of the fun in Copenhagen was that they had two Phantoms, two Christines, two Carlottas and two Piangis,

That's interesting. It would have been amazing to see so many different interpretations.

Helen

Posts : 251
Join date : 2009-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  starryeyed on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:42 pm

So I saw the show this afternoon. I'll post detailed thoughts at some point but it really wasn't the greatest I'd seen, lots of things were going wrong. Two noteworthy events though were Will giving JOJ the finger at the end of Wandering Child (I worry he might get a rap on the knuckles for that) and Nicola's (who was on as Carlotta) quick change between Managers 1 and Il Muto going wrong and there being about an awkward minute or so where no one said anything and waited for Carlotta to appear (after "the old audience" line.) At the evening show though apparently it went even worse with her corset mysteriously not being there and her having to do Il Muto in her Managers dress!

Aside from technical aspects the cast didn't over excite me only Nicola and Will gave convincing performances today, though I do like Liesl as Meg. Give JOJ his due though, he'd had root canal in the morning!

starryeyed

Posts : 836
Join date : 2009-09-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Will See It in a Few Weeks

Post  TheStudent on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:59 am

I saw David Shannon last March in London and wasn't too impressed. I'm not sure if it was a bad day or what, but the music drowned out his voice at times and I couldn't hear him. I'll be back in London the week of April 11th and plan to check out JOJ. I'll be curious to see his performance.

TheStudent

Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 66
Location : Pacific Northwest

View user profile http://vickihopkins.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  Helen on Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:05 am

starryeyed wrote: Two noteworthy events though were Will giving JOJ the finger at the end of Wandering Child (I worry he might get a rap on the knuckles for that) and Nicola's (who was on as Carlotta) quick change between Managers 1 and Il Muto going wrong and there being about an awkward minute or so where no one said anything and waited for Carlotta to appear (after "the old audience" line.) At the evening show though apparently it went even worse with her corset mysteriously not being there and her having to do Il Muto in her Managers dress!

The Wandering Child thing sounds pretty funny, although I hope Will doesn't get into trouble for it. I'm in London today and tomorrow and I don't have anything planned for tomorrow night. I may go.

Helen

Posts : 251
Join date : 2009-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  starryeyed on Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:25 am

TheStudent just to let you know Scott Davies is on as The Phantom the week of April 11th. He's very good (I prefer him to JOJ) but I thought I'd let you know incase it was JOJ you really wanted to see.

ETA: Brian McCann will be playing Piangi tomorrow evening even though he no longer covers Piangi!

starryeyed

Posts : 836
Join date : 2009-09-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  operafantomet on Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:25 pm

starryeyed wrote:(...)Nicola's (who was on as Carlotta) quick change between Managers 1 and Il Muto going wrong and there being about an awkward minute or so where no one said anything and waited for Carlotta to appear (after "the old audience" line.) At the evening show though apparently it went even worse with her corset mysteriously not being there and her having to do Il Muto in her Managers dress!
Oh la la!! That must have been a quite unique sight! I bet the countess over-gown would have fit well over the b/w dress, but I guess it was easier to send her out as she was.

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  Helen on Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:38 pm

starryeyed wrote:ETA: Brian McCann will be playing Piangi tomorrow evening even though he no longer covers Piangi!

Did you mean last night (Thursday?) I was there, I'm sure Rohan was Piangi. It looked and sounded like him. The only understudies were Katy Treharne for Christine and Leisl Dowsett for Meg. It was a great show, and it was lovely to see JOJ back in the mask. He was my first Phantom, but I only got to see him once. I enjoyed seeing him again now that I know the show better. I think he's a fantastic Phantom. I particularly loved his MOTN and Final Lair. I may slightly prefer Scott Davies, but there's not much in it. Katy Treharne was Christine. She was outstanding. Her voice is so beautiful. Her cadenza at the end of Think of Me was amazing and I loved her WYWSHA. I'm not usually a huge fan of that song, I usually spend it looking at the beautiful wishing gown. Katy's a great actress too, the bit where she came back to give Phantom the ring was heartbreaking. She looks exactly like I imagined Christine to when I read the novel. I hope she gets promoted to principal Christine next cast. Of the Christines I've seen, I think she's my favourite. Will Barratt was great, as usual. I've seen him quite a few times now and I always enjoy watching him. However, last night was the first time I realised how lovely his voice is. Wendy Fergusson was her usual self. The audience loved her, she got a massive cheer at the curtain call. I got Cheryl McAvoy as Mme Giry. Acting wise, I wasn't sure about her in act 1, but I really liked her in act 2, especially in the second managers' scene. I adore her voice, it's got a lovely tone, while being very clear and strong. I could hear every word she sang in Prima Donna. Leisl was a very cute Meg. I've seen her before once or twice, I like her a lot. I love Barry and Gareth as the Managers. They've built up a brilliant rapport over their time in the show. Ensemble wise, they were fantastic. The show wouldn't be the same without Philip Griffiths as the auctioneer. He's great as Reyer too, but I think it's about time he got promoted to Andre. I always enjoy watching Ellen Jackson as the Wardrobe Mistress. I loved Nicola Rutherford as the Confidante. Annoyingly, if I'd gone the day before I'd have seen her as Carlotta. John Jack was fantastic as Lefevre. The Mme Firmin dress is still gorgeous and Kate Batter looked beautiful in it. I'm rambling now, so a massive thank you to everyone involved in the show.

Helen

Posts : 251
Join date : 2009-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  starryeyed on Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:27 pm

Brian did Friday and Saturday as Piangi as he wasn't well enough to do Thursday. Rohan had been performing ill for about a week beforehand. Sounds like you had a great show Helen, I love Katy Treharne as Christine but Tabitha comes back after a long period of absence tomorrow. Katy has a few more dates lined up though Smile I'd really like to see her become principal Christine in the next cast too.

As a side note I hope no one else went through what I went through last night which was being trapped in the Jermyn St Theatre auditorium for 20 minutes while fires raged outside due to those idiot rioters. An experience I cannot put into words and hope never to repeat again. I've torn all my muscles in my right leg from running away from it all (I literally made it to Covent Garden from there in about two minutes!)

starryeyed

Posts : 836
Join date : 2009-09-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  Helen on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:08 am

starryeyed wrote:Brian did Friday and Saturday as Piangi as he wasn't well enough to do Thursday. Rohan had been performing ill for about a week beforehand. Sounds like you had a great show Helen, I love Katy Treharne as Christine but Tabitha comes back after a long period of absence tomorrow. Katy has a few more dates lined up though Smile I'd really like to see her become principal Christine in the next cast too.

Ah, I thought it was Rohan. He was his usual fantastic self, I didn't realise that he wasn't feeling 100%. I enjoyed the show very much. I was initially a bit disappointed when I read the cast board, as I wanted to see Tabitha as Christine. I'm glad I saw Katy. I'd love to see her again, but with Scott as the Phantom and Will as Raoul, and preferably Nicola as Carlotta and Philip as Andre. Unlikely, but a girl can dream!

As a side note I hope no one else went through what I went through last night which was being trapped in the Jermyn St Theatre auditorium for 20 minutes while fires raged outside due to those idiot rioters. An experience I cannot put into words and hope never to repeat again. I've torn all my muscles in my right leg from running away from it all (I literally made it to Covent Garden from there in about two minutes!)

Are you OK? I heard the reports about the riots, it sounded terrifying, I can't imagine what it was like to actually be there. I'm glad I was in London earlier in the week.

Helen

Posts : 251
Join date : 2009-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  EarlFan on Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:31 am

starryeyed wrote:As a side note I hope no one else went through what I went through last night which was being trapped in the Jermyn St Theatre auditorium for 20 minutes while fires raged outside due to those idiot rioters. An experience I cannot put into words and hope never to repeat again. I've torn all my muscles in my right leg from running away from it all (I literally made it to Covent Garden from there in about two minutes!)

I hope you're alright. Idiots indeed, one of them nearly set my coat on fire when he decided to set a big garbage pile on fire on Coventry Street. And then I nearly got smashed by a big mob at Haymarket. Where you at Jermyn St Theatre to see The Kissing Dance? I was planning to go and see it and would love to hear someones thoughts about it.

EarlFan

Posts : 278
Join date : 2009-09-21
Location : Sweden

View user profile http://riasphantomfiles.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  starryeyed on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:51 pm

Yes I was there to see The Kissing Dance but it was cancelled unfortunately as the police had been pushed back to the door of the theatre and they said they couldn't say if it would be safe or even worse by the time the show had taken place. We got out about 7.20 pm. I'm okay, it more hit me the next day what I had actually gone through and everything that could have happened, only lasting damage is to my leg which I think I might have to go see Physio about.

I know for a while HM's stage door was locked between matinee and evening as some of the nutters were trying to get in there, not entirely sure why!

starryeyed

Posts : 836
Join date : 2009-09-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  Mandrake on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:12 pm

Strangest thing, I was in Leicester Sq/ Haymarket all day and missed all the trouble... I think due to being in cinema & restaurant most of the time (can't get over how good Prezzo is, love that place, perfect for dinner before Phantom, great menu, food & service, amazing prices for west-end [but so busy!]).

Only bit of bother I had was difficulty getting a taxi that night. They were just re-opening Haymarket during the intermission at Phantom but I had to go to the opposite side of Leicester Square to get a cab. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the chaos on the news later, I just lucked right through it all. Rather a shame that a relatively small number of anarchists grab all the headlines & reflect badly on the vast majority of peaceful, legitimate protestors. All the union & student people I met were really friendly and happy, ejoying their day out whilst making their point.

Only thing to note from the show itself was Rohan's absence; I always miss him when he's not on. Starting to miss Rebecca Lock, too, as Carlotta... Hope we might get her back one day. Also think JOJ may have hurt his back as he didn't catch the fainting Christine, I'd only ever noticed Ramin Karimloo failing to catch her before... Riveting as ever in Final Lair, though.


Mandrake

Posts : 91
Join date : 2009-10-02
Age : 42
Location : Glasgow/ London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  starryeyed on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Oh I re-iterate what Mandrake says, all involved with the actual march WERE indeed peaceful. I also agree with your comments on Prezzo, it's amazing. I was going to go on Saturday evening but well, my other experiences put paid to that.

JOJ hurt his back some weeks ago and is perhaps deciding not to aggravate it again as he never caught Sofia on Tuesday either. The only time I picked up on Rohan being unwell was when he had a coughing fit in Hannibal. I was sad not to have John Jack as Andre but found it amusing having Gareth who clearly went abroad for his holidays as he was look ultra tanned on stage!

starryeyed

Posts : 836
Join date : 2009-09-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  PMB1034 on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:36 am

Sure plenty of folks have seen but the lovely JOJ has announced on Twitter (the-source-of-all-information-worth-knowing), that he's extended 'til March 2012 behind the mask. Now we know who'll presumably be Phantom for the actual Anniversary performance.

PMB1034

Posts : 80
Join date : 2010-03-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  Miss von Krolock on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:00 am

PMB1034 wrote:Sure plenty of folks have seen but the lovely JOJ has announced on Twitter (the-source-of-all-information-worth-knowing), that he's extended 'til March 2012 behind the mask. Now we know who'll presumably be Phantom for the actual Anniversary performance.
And this makes me a very happy bunny! He really deserves the honour cheers

Miss von Krolock

Posts : 148
Join date : 2009-09-21
Location : Portugal

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/miss_von_krolock

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  operafantomet on Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:52 pm

I must admit it makes me happy too. Both because it seems he'll be the one performing at the 25th anniversary show - which I think is highly deserved in terms of history of the show AND quality of performance - and because I'm not sure I get to see him in the mask before October.

Seems like the new posters are up outside Her Majesty's Theatre too. Cracked design, and with 25 years written in lower right corner. I actually like them a lot - at least those I've seen so far:


1. Sofia Escobar and Will Barratt.
2. Scott Davies.
3. Rohan Tickell/slavegirls.

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  starryeyed on Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:12 pm

I appear to be the only one who HATES this new design. I do like to carry on my tradition of being opposite to everyone Smile I see why everyone likes them, but I just think some of them (especially the AIAOY one) the cracked mirror effect takes away from the beauty of the pictures. Also, a minor gripe, why couldn't they use that AIAOY picture in the brochure instead of one where you can see only Will's eye and hair.

starryeyed

Posts : 836
Join date : 2009-09-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  operafantomet on Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:18 pm

starryeyed wrote:Also, a minor gripe, why couldn't they use that AIAOY picture in the brochure instead of one where you can see only Will's eye and hair.
THAT I agree with!

And actually, I can see why you dislike the new design, it does disturb the beauty of the pictures. But I like the whole cracked theme, it immediately looks Phantom-y and it is "crisply" done. I especially like the Scott Davies one, but I also loved the Red Death one first time I saw it.

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  Helen on Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:56 pm

starryeyed wrote:I appear to be the only one who HATES this new design. I do like to carry on my tradition of being opposite to everyone Smile I see why everyone likes them, but I just think some of them (especially the AIAOY one) the cracked mirror effect takes away from the beauty of the pictures. Also, a minor gripe, why couldn't they use that AIAOY picture in the brochure instead of one where you can see only Will's eye and hair.

I've only seen the ones posted on here, and I'm not too keen on them either. I do like the AIAOY picture, but I think it would have been nicer without the cracked mirror effect. They've certainly taken their time putting the new pictures up, since the current cast have been there 7 months now!

I'm glad JOJ has extended his contract and almost certainly will be playing the Phantom on the anniversary performance. Does anyone know when it'll be? The 9th of October is a Sunday, so presumably there won't be a show that evening.

Helen

Posts : 251
Join date : 2009-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  Scorp on Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:16 am

operafantomet wrote:
starryeyed wrote:Also, a minor gripe, why couldn't they use that AIAOY picture in the brochure instead of one where you can see only Will's eye and hair.
THAT I agree with!

And actually, I can see why you dislike the new design, it does disturb the beauty of the pictures. But I like the whole cracked theme, it immediately looks Phantom-y and it is "crisply" done. I especially like the Scott Davies one, but I also loved the Red Death one first time I saw it.

Wow, I might have to take a trip past HM's to see how it all looks. I like the shattered glass effect -- it is very Phantomy, and I like how they haven't purpled everything up.

_________________
In Hal Prince we trust.

Scorp

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2009-09-21

View user profile http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  starryeyed on Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:54 pm

I do like how Phantom-y it all is I agree with that, and I do love the Scott Davies one, though I think it's his impression that makes the picture and the effect just work. And thank heavens for it not being too purple but I do believe the corners of the pictures (that contain the "25 years" design) definitely have a purple hue to them.

starryeyed

Posts : 836
Join date : 2009-09-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  PMB1034 on Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:20 am

Technically off topic but it does have a connection to the London Production. Saw the Hallé Orchestra's 'The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber' Concert at the Bridgewater Hall tonight conducted by Nick Davies. Featured vocalists David Shannon, Robyn North & Tim Rogers (Raoul in Australia I believe) & Jacqui Scott.
Phantom material was; the title song with lowered cadenza (David/Robyn), AIAOY (Robyn/Tim), MOTN (David). Never seen Robyn before and was really impressed with the innocent quality to her voice & her diction, something I always struggle with when it comes to sopranos. The title song needed some more oommph from the orchestra I feel & considering there was an electric guitar used earlier in the evening it's abscence in the title song was a shame.
Tim was quite the personality throughout the evening, so that probably colours my take on AIAOY in a good way - very warm and tender, odly for a concert like this they had a bit of a snog.
David's MOTN..erm wow! I'd forgotten how internal his Phantom was, not showy but utterly commanding, lovely deep resonant voice.

For those who care there was some material from LND aswell. Those orchestrations are beautiful. Coney Island Waltz was just incredible with a huge orchestra - string section working overtime. Robyn did an admirable LND, perhaps didn't soar but she was definietly feeling it. David's 'Til I Hear You Sing was the evening's high point for me, he really does seem to relish that song, cool hearing a more RP voice singing it (the word "pass"!).

PMB1034

Posts : 80
Join date : 2010-03-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  SenorSwanky on Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:12 am

Scorp wrote:
operafantomet wrote:
starryeyed wrote:Also, a minor gripe, why couldn't they use that AIAOY picture in the brochure instead of one where you can see only Will's eye and hair.
THAT I agree with!

And actually, I can see why you dislike the new design, it does disturb the beauty of the pictures. But I like the whole cracked theme, it immediately looks Phantom-y and it is "crisply" done. I especially like the Scott Davies one, but I also loved the Red Death one first time I saw it.

Wow, I might have to take a trip past HM's to see how it all looks. I like the shattered glass effect -- it is very Phantomy, and I like how they haven't purpled everything up.
Very much agree with that. It's very throwback. Wow, for once a design element from RUG that doesn't suck. First time in a long time.


SenorSwanky

Posts : 1632
Join date : 2009-09-25
Age : 31
Location : Raleigh, NC

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  Scorp on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:59 am

SenorSwanky wrote:
Scorp wrote:
operafantomet wrote:
starryeyed wrote:Also, a minor gripe, why couldn't they use that AIAOY picture in the brochure instead of one where you can see only Will's eye and hair.
THAT I agree with!

And actually, I can see why you dislike the new design, it does disturb the beauty of the pictures. But I like the whole cracked theme, it immediately looks Phantom-y and it is "crisply" done. I especially like the Scott Davies one, but I also loved the Red Death one first time I saw it.

Wow, I might have to take a trip past HM's to see how it all looks. I like the shattered glass effect -- it is very Phantomy, and I like how they haven't purpled everything up.
Very much agree with that. It's very throwback. Wow, for once a design element from RUG that doesn't suck. First time in a long time.

I think it's actually Cameron Mackintosh who's responsible for the designs, including the purple one. Could be wrong, though.

_________________
In Hal Prince we trust.

Scorp

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2009-09-21

View user profile http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  operafantomet on Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:05 pm

Scorp wrote:I think it's actually Cameron Mackintosh who's responsible for the designs, including the purple one. Could be wrong, though.
It is (or was?) UK Denwynter's, but I don't know if they're hired by Mackintosh or RUG. They also have a US office, which I think is responsible for the Broadway and Vegas production.

Starryeyed, you're still allowed to dislike this new design...! It just feels so good to get something to love again. There's been so much crap for "old skool fans" like myself.

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  Scorp on Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:45 pm

operafantomet wrote:
Scorp wrote:I think it's actually Cameron Mackintosh who's responsible for the designs, including the purple one. Could be wrong, though.
It is (or was?) UK Denwynter's, but I don't know if they're hired by Mackintosh or RUG. They also have a US office, which I think is responsible for the Broadway and Vegas production.

Starryeyed, you're still allowed to dislike this new design...! It just feels so good to get something to love again. There's been so much crap for "old skool fans" like myself.

Every time I complain to the poor Box Office guys at HM's about how I hate the latest design, they say it's Cameron Mackintosh who's responsible, so I reckon he's the one hiring Dewynters and approving anything they do. What's weird is that it's not Mackintosh who owns the IP rights to the mask logo, even though it was designed by Russ Eglin who also did the Cosette logo and the cat's eyes; RUG owns it. Tis all very confusing.

_________________
In Hal Prince we trust.

Scorp

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2009-09-21

View user profile http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  SenorSwanky on Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:08 pm

Either way, it's good, and most of the recent stuff hasn't been, especially the purple.

SenorSwanky

Posts : 1632
Join date : 2009-09-25
Age : 31
Location : Raleigh, NC

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  operafantomet on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:30 pm

Time to vote for Phantom in the West End Eurovision Contest again! They have a new video, maybe not as funny as their take on LND or "American Idol" Phantom, but I giggled still... especially when the mask fell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0NbGCEGvPQ

LND video from 2010:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUtHUk-UCd8

"American Idol" Phantom from 2009... still my favourite, especially the rant towards the end:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz-aEWCkEXs

Kudos to whoever is responsible for these in the cast/crew.

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: The London production 2

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:56 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum