Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Songs that have a line or a feeling that hit a note with your soul

4 posters

Go down

Songs that have a line or a feeling that hit a note with your soul Empty Songs that have a line or a feeling that hit a note with your soul

Post  ladygodiva Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:54 pm

From Andrew Lloyd Webbers Song and Dance, Unexpected Song, "I have never felt like this for once I'm lost for words your smile has really thrown me." My ex-fiance made me feel like that every time that he smiled.

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Songs that have a line or a feeling that hit a note with your soul Empty Re: Songs that have a line or a feeling that hit a note with your soul

Post  SenorSwanky Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:45 am

Yes, Unexpected Song does that to me too; I think anyone who has felt lucky to suddenly be in love with a particular person can relate to that song. I've always thought it one of ALW's really underrated songs. Don Black's lyrics really make it, and his collaboration with ALW on Sunset Boulevard also produced some gems in With One Look, As If We Never Said Goodbye, and the title song.

Sondheim's Being Alive, and his Epiphany, There Was a Barber and His Wife, and My Friends from Sweeney Todd strike a chord with the darker, sadder parts of my soul. Anthony's Johanna also really gets the part of me that aspires to be heroic and protective and valiant.

I've always taken a sort of patriotic pride with Edelweiss from Sound of Music, even though I'm not Austrian. I can just relate to the sort of pride that wells up when you feel your country is being ruined and you have to step away from it. I also can't help but be hit with freewheeling joy when I hear the title song, especially as sung by Julie Andrews with that orchestra in the movie soundtrack.

I'm sure I can think of more.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Songs that have a line or a feeling that hit a note with your soul Empty Re: Songs that have a line or a feeling that hit a note with your soul

Post  ladygodiva Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:51 pm

SenorSwanky wrote:Yes, Unexpected Song does that to me too; I think anyone who has felt lucky to suddenly be in love with a particular person can relate to that song. I've always thought it one of ALW's really underrated songs. Don Black's lyrics really make it, and his collaboration with ALW on Sunset Boulevard also produced some gems in With One Look, As If We Never Said Goodbye, and the title song.

Sondheim's Being Alive, and his Epiphany, There Was a Barber and His Wife, and My Friends from Sweeney Todd strike a chord with the darker, sadder parts of my soul. Anthony's Johanna also really gets the part of me that aspires to be heroic and protective and valiant.

I've always taken a sort of patriotic pride with Edelweiss from Sound of Music, even though I'm not Austrian. I can just relate to the sort of pride that wells up when you feel your country is being ruined and you have to step away from it. I also can't help but be hit with freewheeling joy when I hear the title song, especially as sung by Julie Andrews with that orchestra in the movie soundtrack.

I'm sure I can think of more.

Amen to Being Alive, and I love the lyric in Johanna, where it is " I feel you, Johanna."

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:11 pm

Send in the Clowns.... especially when performed by Dame Judy Dench. Bittersweet, poetic and with dignity. And the spoken phrase in between: "The flirt with rescue when one has no intention of being saved". How true. LOVE this song, except when it's sung in a polished, glossy way.
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:42 pm

operafantomet wrote:Send in the Clowns.... especially when performed by Dame Judy Dench. Bittersweet, poetic and with dignity. And the spoken phrase in between: "The flirt with rescue when one has no intention of being saved". How true. LOVE this song, except when it's sung in a polished, glossy way.
Yes, I love that song, especially how Dench spoke-sung it in Hey Mr. Producer. I have a recording Barbra Streisand did of it that's also very good.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMaskedLion Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:57 am

The Longer I Live from "Dracula The Musical" and The Point Of Singularity from "Nosferatu" by Bernard J. Taylor (originally sung by Peter Karrie on the album, and in the original production the role of Nosferatu was played by Peter Straker. Ken Hill's Original Phantom!)
TheMaskedLion
TheMaskedLion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down