List of Legit performances, scenes, Documentaries from Phantom of the Opera shown on television

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: List of Legit performances, scenes, Documentaries from Phantom of the Opera shown on television

Post  PhantomsGhost on Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:56 am

ladygodiva wrote:I have been looking into getting the VHS transfered to DVD, the cheapest places, I have found, are in the $30 an hour. (although that beats one place doing it for $220 an hour.) I might get one or two videos done to see how the qualitie is and I will let you know,

I am getting quite scared for my VHS tapes, they are getting older, supposedly a vhs last for 20 years so far most of mine have lasted at least 23 years, but, I want to see how the quality would be.

there is a local place in Northeast OHio that does this, hopefully they may offer discounts for more than one copy.

I know this post I quoted is old and you might already have your solution, but it's possible to buy a VHS-->DVD converter. I bought one off Amazon just a few months ago for under $200. (This one: http://www.amazon.com/Magnavox-ZV427MG9-Recorder-Combo-Up-Conversion/dp/B002TIHQLC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347162830&sr=8-1&keywords=magnavox+vhs+dvd+converter) I'm in the process of digitizing all my VHS cassettes with Phantom stuff on them.

I can give dates on some of the items above:

Code:
Later with Bob Costas interview with Michael Crawford
Aired: September 7, 1988

Code:
Phantom and Freinds Tony Award Preview, interview with Michael Crawford, scnes from show, behind the scenes
I'm pretty sure this ran right before the Tonys aired on June 5, 1988. (Either that or the day before)

Code:
Good Morning America interview with Michael Crawford, scnes from show
If it's the one I have, it aired May 4th, 1988

Code:
1986, Southbank show Andrew Lloyd Webber, Past the Point of No Return with Micheal Crawford and SarahBrightman, in costume the first full dress rehearsal
My copy aired on Bravo I'm guessing some time in 1987-1988. It's the full show. (aka The Andrew Lloyd Webber Story) Probably the same one that aired on PBS and then later on A&E

There was also a special on back in late December 1987/early January 1988 on "CBS Sunday Morning with Charles Kuralt." A good 20-30 minutes on Phantom. I had a VHS copy...until my father recorded over it. pale I remember lots of footage from rehearsals. I know this exists, somewhere out there. Would love to see it again. I tried contacting CBS years ago, and they told me all those old tapes were wiped, so it doesn't exist in their archive. All I was able to find was a transcript...of course i've misplaced that... *headdesk*

Anyone ever come across this?

PhantomsGhost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: List of Legit performances, scenes, Documentaries from Phantom of the Opera shown on television

Post  ladygodiva on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:25 pm

PhantomsGhost wrote:
ladygodiva wrote:I have been looking into getting the VHS transfered to DVD, the cheapest places, I have found, are in the $30 an hour. (although that beats one place doing it for $220 an hour.) I might get one or two videos done to see how the qualitie is and I will let you know,

I am getting quite scared for my VHS tapes, they are getting older, supposedly a vhs last for 20 years so far most of mine have lasted at least 23 years, but, I want to see how the quality would be.

there is a local place in Northeast OHio that does this, hopefully they may offer discounts for more than one copy.

I know this post I quoted is old and you might already have your solution, but it's possible to buy a VHS-->DVD converter. I bought one off Amazon just a few months ago for under $200. (This one: http://www.amazon.com/Magnavox-ZV427MG9-Recorder-Combo-Up-Conversion/dp/B002TIHQLC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347162830&sr=8-1&keywords=magnavox+vhs+dvd+converter) I'm in the process of digitizing all my VHS cassettes with Phantom stuff on them.

I can give dates on some of the items above:

Code:
Later with Bob Costas interview with Michael Crawford
Aired: September 7, 1988

Code:
Phantom and Freinds Tony Award Preview, interview with Michael Crawford, scnes from show, behind the scenes
I'm pretty sure this ran right before the Tonys aired on June 5, 1988. (Either that or the day before)

Code:
Good Morning America interview with Michael Crawford, scnes from show
If it's the one I have, it aired May 4th, 1988

Code:
1986, Southbank show Andrew Lloyd Webber, Past the Point of No Return with Micheal Crawford and SarahBrightman, in costume the first full dress rehearsal
My copy aired on Bravo I'm guessing some time in 1987-1988. It's the full show. (aka The Andrew Lloyd Webber Story) Probably the same one that aired on PBS and then later on A&E

There was also a special on back in late December 1987/early January 1988 on "CBS Sunday Morning with Charles Kuralt." A good 20-30 minutes on Phantom. I had a VHS copy...until my father recorded over it. pale I remember lots of footage from rehearsals. I know this exists, somewhere out there. Would love to see it again. I tried contacting CBS years ago, and they told me all those old tapes were wiped, so it doesn't exist in their archive. All I was able to find was a transcript...of course i've misplaced that... *headdesk*

Anyone ever come across this?
I do not have that on video, I did however rembering seeing it, it was fantastic, and yes there were also tons of other video as well gearing up for the phantom. and I missed the 1987 stuff I just got my first VCR less than a week before phantom opened, I had to buy the VCR to get to record the 20/20 just in time. there were tons of stuff that I missed, an interview with Elisa Heinsohn(She was apparently from Lorain county just South of Cleveland OH and slightly north of Akron, OH. they showed rehearsal with Sarah Brightman Angel of Music and on stage and she talked briefly about the show. would love to have had that. also had an old interview with Patti Cohenour she was being interviewed on her hometown Alberquerqe with brief scenes from the show. (That tape got ruined in a small flood in my first apartment) as well as most other hometown interviews, believe me there were many.

and of course CNN ran phantastic footage, behind the scenes and such (there was a fantastic documentary that CNN did, about ten days before it opened, I did not get that, but did see it. wonderful.

and in the early days especially the early 1990's some of us fans got together and we would share and make copys of most of our stuff, I was fooled once though another phan had some great rare stuff and it was high quality BBC, she took our money to make a copy for us and we never recieved it, eventually I recieved a rather blurry version from another phan.

there was also an wonderful little piece on the Majestic Theater being transformed, plenty of before and after (did not have that one either. I did see it but don't have a copy.)

as for most of the CBS this Morning and CBS Sunday morning, as well as Today (NBC) you used to be able to order a video copy of the interview or segment, (Some other phans early on did this, it was very expensive, about $30 for a 6 minute interview or about $100. for a 12 minute or so segment.) I have seen some of the copys, actually my copies that I recorded are better.

I had remembered when Cats and Les Miserables had hit, all the interviews and profiles on tv. (I really wish that I had a VCR then as well,)

I also missed tons of stuff as well, such as putting the wrong channel into the vcr program, .

as for purchasing a VHS to DVD converter, while $200 seems fair pricing, it is a little to out of my budget, I unfortunately have to get another job just to make the rent and living, so it is out of my range at least in the present

Last edited by ladygodiva on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:58 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added)

ladygodiva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantomette on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:35 am

Colm Wilkinson talkshow appearance probably early 1986 - Music of the Night(original lyrics)

Laurence Olivier Awards - Dec 1987: All I Ask of You with Claire Moore & Michael Ball in full costume

And a small correction:
The video of Michael Ball and Claire Moore from the Royal Variety Show tribute to Cameron Mackintosh is from 1991 - not 1992

Phantomette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Andrew Lloyd Webber interview Urban Legend???

Post  ladygodiva on Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:49 pm

I am calling this one an Urban Legend,I also have been very interested but do not have an interview with Andrew Lloyd Webber that was on Regis and Kathie Lee show shortly after he and Sarah Brightman Divorced,

I had never seen this interview but supposedly right after the divorce he was talking to Regis and Kathie and according to another fan he talked about the movie that was in the early stages of script and that Sarah Brightman would not do it because according to the other fan Andrew said quote"No, she will not I do not want her in it." now that bothered me for the last many years because of the anger,and apparently Andrew went on a tirade about her, which really bothered me.

especially when later he did nothing but praise her voice,

Now the individual who told me that, is not a fan of Sarah B's and no one else had ever seen it or heard it, including many people who have never missed a Regis and Kathie Lee show.

I am hoping that it was not true, so any of the old school fans ever see this one.

I was hoping that the other fan who saw it many years ago, was lying or got it wrong.

ladygodiva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ianjonbourgandethanfreema on Sun May 26, 2013 1:41 pm

Speaking to the musical director from October 1989, I have learned that on either ITV or Nationwide they did an early news piece featuring Martin Smith as the Phantom about the long make-up process. Anyone here know about this????

ianjonbourgandethanfreema

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva on Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:54 pm

ianjonbourgandethanfreema wrote:Speaking to the musical director from October 1989, I have learned that on either ITV or Nationwide they did an early news piece featuring Martin Smith as the Phantom about the long make-up process. Anyone here know about this????

I have heard about this, but not have seen it, there are other phans who have a copy of this, the old schoolers, I have seen it on lists of video, I have snail-mailed some of the phans and they can get back to me, I have been trying to get them to join and post.

ladygodiva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ianjonbourgandethanfreema on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:18 am

ladygodiva wrote:
ianjonbourgandethanfreema wrote:Speaking to the musical director from October 1989, I have learned that on either ITV or Nationwide they did an early news piece featuring Martin Smith as the Phantom about the long make-up process. Anyone here know about this????

I have heard about this, but not have seen it, there are other phans who have a copy of this, the old schoolers, I have seen it on lists of video, I have snail-mailed some of the phans and they can get back to me, I have been trying to get them to join and post.

Please let me know if you get a copy, thats something that is obviously very high on my list of things I'd like to see!! Do you know if it has any footage of Martin singing Phantom??

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva on Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:20 pm

ianjonbourgandethanfreema wrote:
ladygodiva wrote:

Please let me know if you get a copy, thats something that is obviously very high on my list of things I'd like to see!! Do you know if it has any footage of Martin singing Phantom??
I can see if they have anything. if they do it would be on VHS PAL, and it would have to be transferred as well, most of the old school phans are as technologically challenged as I.

ladygodiva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:32 pm

This is Your life Sarah Brightman, also Dave Willets
http://www.bigredbook.info/life_is_a_cabaret.html

ladygodiva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva on Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:53 pm

Does anyone or has anyone seen a Dale Kristien interview, it was made during her time in with Davis Gaines in Los Angeles,

it shows the part of her singing Wishing Were Somehow Here Again from the Los Angeles reviewers reel, and also it has her speaking about her future after Phantom, it also had her getting ready for the show and she was in her Hannibal slave girl costume getting her wig on.

Also, she talks about and compares "Her Phantoms, Davis Gaines, Michael Crawford, and Robert Guilliume.", it also showed very brief Music of the Night scenes.

ladygodiva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ianjonbourgandethanfreema on Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:55 pm

ladygodiva wrote:
ianjonbourgandethanfreema wrote:
ladygodiva wrote:
I can see if they have anything. if they do it would be on VHS PAL, and it would have to be transferred as well, most of the old school phans are as technologically challenged as I.
Were you ever able to find this??

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:27 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top