Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June 16, 1993 Cleveland OH. Rick Hilsabeck, Sarah Pfistnerer, Nat Chandler

4 posters

Go down

June 16, 1993 Cleveland OH. Rick Hilsabeck, Sarah Pfistnerer, Nat Chandler Empty June 16, 1993 Cleveland OH. Rick Hilsabeck, Sarah Pfistnerer, Nat Chandler

Post  ladygodiva Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:41 pm

I have found my old Brother floppy disk with my reviews of the shows that I have seen, here is a start

Cleveland, Playhouse Square, OHIO June 16,1993 Rick Hilsabeck, Sarah Pfistnerer, Nat Chandler

Overture-perfect hair raising and loud, the audience was a goog and agast with anticipation

Hannibal rehearsal, perfect whole cast was great especially Piangi's "Si, Si, very hard for me. Rome" Piangi had more trouble getting on the elephant.

the managers "A full house and we have to cancel" and when Mme Giry said there is no understudy the production is new, the princess kept raising her hand and almost leaping. (I believe the princess was played by Dodie Petit) I will have to check my program.

Think of me Sarah Pfistnerer started off a little bit to shakey for most standards, but she became glorious and the way that she sung "Put you form my mind" that part was pristine and pure, and of course the cadenza was perfect

Mme Giry telling the girls "NOW, we rehearse"

Angel of Music, good voice wonderful

Mme Giry very sweetly telling Christine, "My dear, I was ask to give you this

Little lotte, Christine happy to see Raoul, and visa-versa

Angel of Music/Mirror Hilsabeck, very good voice, the way that he said "Ignorant Fool", Pfistnerers estatic and enthusiastic "Grant to me your glory"

Phantom of the opera, Hilabeck, average till he asked Christine to "Sing", Pfistnerers grand sing.

Music of the Night, Hilsabeck, absolutely surprised me, I really was'nt expecting much from him, but he made me sit up in my seat and take note, vocals especially wonderful on "Night Unfurls" and a very tender,"tremulous and Tender" and his "Soar" was very sweet and moving, His "be" was a fantastic note. All in all he was absolutely wonderful, However his crescendo was a little too much, but all in all a plus

Phantom at the organ louder than I remembered it. after Pfistner unmasks him, her "Oh" his stranger than you dreamt it his phantom truly wallowed in self-pity, however his "Oh Christine" was sweet, moving and tender

Mangers notes scene, Nat Chandlers very dry "written". when the managers sing far to many notes for my taste, a huge laugh from the audience. and "Let me see it" very hugh laugh, Hilsabecks voice excellent, Piangi parroting was priceless. Carlottas best tempremental fist grinding before the managers sing "Your Public needs you" Prima Donna excellent ensamble. Hilsabeck's "A disaster beyound your imagination will occur" Good reading

rooftop/All I ask of you, Chandlers Dippy and smug "there is no Phantom of the opera" got a diserved shove from Pfistnerer
Pfistnerer vocally wonderful on "His voice filled my spirit" All I ask of you, great singing, good kiss. Hilsabeck on the angel singing I gave you my music, hurt and destroyed by Christine

, seemed a little off, not bad mind you just a little off, I could not put my finger on it. but great singing, acting, Hilsabecks walking down the stairs seemed a bit off as well

the managers scene Chistine finally defending herself, not just to Carlotta, but the whole lot of them the managers and her Christine seemed to be How dare to Roaul as well. her if you don't stop Ill go made was excellent, after her twisted every way her "I can't" seemed so desolate so dispondant.

Wishing you were somehow/graveyard, Warm, powerful, emotional,sweet, and lonely., Wandering Child, excellent, Christine was really conflicted,

before Don Juan, when Roaul "shoot only if you have to" was a good reading

Past the point excellent, but as I said when Hilsabeck crescendo's he tends to go a bit overboard

Final Lair Hilsabeck's "my first unfeeling scrap of clothing," was sad, desolate. Pfistnerer's "this haunted face" strong.
Hilsabeck's "Be my guest, SIR," excellent. Pfistnerer "tears I might have shed." strong and defiant. her "god give me courage," incredible. the kiss, Pfistnerer a little shorter than most Christines, with almost a brut force she turns the phantom to her and lays one on him, she was incredible. Hilsabecks "go now and leave me".. When she returns the ring he is heartbroken, sad and desolate, his "I love you" was warm, heartbreaking and sad. Hilsabeck "you alone can make my song take flight," excellent

A little note on the curtain call, Nate Chandler not only kissed Pfistnerers hand, he kissed her lips as well

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

June 16, 1993 Cleveland OH. Rick Hilsabeck, Sarah Pfistnerer, Nat Chandler Empty Re: June 16, 1993 Cleveland OH. Rick Hilsabeck, Sarah Pfistnerer, Nat Chandler

Post  Raphael Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:12 am

A review from the early 90's? Awesome! I wish I'd been writing reviews of the shows I attended back then.

Thanks for posting it, ladygodiva Smile

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

June 16, 1993 Cleveland OH. Rick Hilsabeck, Sarah Pfistnerer, Nat Chandler Empty June 16,

Post  ladygodiva Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:47 pm

I will be posting more and more it will take time, I am a bit slow

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

June 16, 1993 Cleveland OH. Rick Hilsabeck, Sarah Pfistnerer, Nat Chandler Empty Re: June 16, 1993 Cleveland OH. Rick Hilsabeck, Sarah Pfistnerer, Nat Chandler

Post  Scorp Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:13 am

Wow, a pre-Internet age review. Thanks very much!
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:46 am

Oh, more, more! *applauds*
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down