Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christine Company question

3 posters

Go down

Christine Company question Empty Christine Company question

Post  ravnquest1 Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:58 pm

Question for the wizened masses: does anyone remember who the original Christine understudy or understudies for Dale Kristien were in 1989 in the Los Angeles company?

ravnquest1

Back to top Go down

Christine Company question Empty Re: Christine Company question

Post  London-Phan Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:42 pm

Well the alternate was Mary D'arcy and the understudy was Jani Neuman. Very Happy
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:02 am

London-Phan wrote:Well the alternate was Mary D'arcy and the understudy was Jani Neuman. Very Happy
Didn't she do the first run without alternates? I've read both, but I don't think the original Crawford/Kristien brochure list any alternates. But I seem to remember the second brochure (Guillaume/Kristien) features Mary Easterling as alternate. I might remember it wrong, though.
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:37 pm

I checked it in my LA program/playbill and it has Mary D'arcy and jani Neuman listed.
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  ravnquest1 Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:19 pm

actually I was looking for another name and I managed to find t. There was someone else, Tamra Shaker. She was the Christine standby for some of the run in L.A.- she did perform opposite Michael Crawford when Dale Kristien got sick in late 1989. Not sure if anyone here managed to see her.

RavnQuest1

ravnquest1

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:56 pm

Well her name isn't in the program that i have which was printed in Oct '89. But i guess it's possible she may have been in the show before that because the production opened May '89.
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:44 pm

London-Phan wrote:I checked it in my LA program/playbill and it has Mary D'arcy and jani Neuman listed.
Ah, OK.

I checked the two brochures I have. In the Guillaume/Kristien one Mary Easterling is listed as "Christine standby", while Jani Neuman is understudy. This brochure actually doesn't list any print date, only when the LA production opened. Same is the case with the Crawford/Kristien one, wherw Mary D'Arcy is listed as alternate (Tuesday and Wednesday evenings), while Jani Neuman is understudy.

I've actually never heard of Tamra Shaker, thanks for bringing her to my attention.
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down