Las Vegas Phan week

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  SenorSwanky on Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:43 pm

Hal is amazing. So much information. I could listen to him talk forever. What was the special surprise after his talk that the moderator referred to?

SenorSwanky

Posts : 1632
Join date : 2009-09-25
Age : 31
Location : Raleigh, NC

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  Phantom on a Budget on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:04 pm

I'll squeal only after someone else does first.

Phantom on a Budget

Posts : 188
Join date : 2009-09-23

View user profile http://www.phantomonabudget.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  Guest on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:25 pm

Mr. Prince autographed stuff for everyone after his session. Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  Paula74 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:54 pm

phantomfett wrote:Mr. Prince autographed stuff for everyone after his session. Smile

Am...not...envious...I...am...not...envious...

(I'm trying to convince myself)

Paula74

Posts : 626
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 42
Location : Monsieur Madeleine's office

View user profile http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  Raphael on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:39 am

Paula74 wrote:Am...not...envious...I...am...not...envious...

(I'm trying to convince myself)
Nah, no reason to be envious at all! Very Happy


R.

_________________
Proud former member of TMCPMC
Keeper of Brianne Morgan's Masquerade hip-swish
www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Raphael

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2009-09-22
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

View user profile http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  Paula74 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:46 am

You're killing me!

(And that illustration is just too darned awesome to begin with)

Paula74

Posts : 626
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 42
Location : Monsieur Madeleine's office

View user profile http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  phantomgirl110 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:24 am

Hey Bryan and Lindsey, anytime you guys want to post the picture of Hal signing my program would be fine with me. Hint hint.

phantomgirl110

Posts : 246
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 28
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

View user profile http://freewebs.com/little-meg

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  Scorp on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:07 am

phantomfett wrote:Mr. Prince autographed stuff for everyone after his session. Smile

jealousjealousjealousjealousjealousjealousjealousjealousjealousjealousjealousjealousjealousjealousjealousjealousjealousjealousJEALOUS!

_________________
In Hal Prince we trust.

Scorp

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2009-09-21

View user profile http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  Phantom on a Budget on Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:05 pm

phantomgirl110 wrote:Hey Bryan and Lindsey, anytime you guys want to post the picture of Hal signing my program would be fine with me. Hint hint.

Smile

Phantom on a Budget

Posts : 188
Join date : 2009-09-23

View user profile http://www.phantomonabudget.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  Paula74 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:57 pm

Now you just enjoy rubbing it in, don't you? Smile

Paula74

Posts : 626
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 42
Location : Monsieur Madeleine's office

View user profile http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  meglett on Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:37 pm

Now you guys are just being mean. Twisted Evil

meglett

Posts : 98
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  Raphael on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:41 pm

Serves 'em right for not attending Wink

I suggested Gillian Lynne as next year's guest speaker in the survey. Bet she's got some good stories to tell!

R.

_________________
Proud former member of TMCPMC
Keeper of Brianne Morgan's Masquerade hip-swish
www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Raphael

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2009-09-22
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

View user profile http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  phantom10906 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:44 pm

I suggested Gillian as well. What were some other suggestions you all had?

phantom10906

Posts : 267
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 29
Location : Santa Clara, CA

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=608426503#/profile.php?id

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  MasqPhan on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:58 am

Raphael wrote:Serves 'em right for not attending Wink

I suggested Gillian Lynne as next year's guest speaker in the survey. Bet she's got some good stories to tell!

R.



Hey I tried to be there! Razz

On the survey I put her down too for a guest. Although I wouldn't mind a repeat of Hal Prince...but I guess some people would like a different autograph to add to their collection next year. Just teasing you guys. Laughing Honestly I'm happy for everyone that got to meet Hal and get his autograph.

_________________
Keeper of the Vegas Phantom deformity and Meg's Hannibal costume
Avatar by Raphael.

MasqPhan
Admin

Posts : 390
Join date : 2009-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  phantomgirl110 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:51 am

Phantom on a Budget wrote:
phantomgirl110 wrote:Hey Bryan and Lindsey, anytime you guys want to post the picture of Hal signing my program would be fine with me. Hint hint.

Smile
YAAAAAAAAAY! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Thank you so much!

(And for the record, I wasn't trying to be mean in asking for this, I just really wanted it for myself! Although if it makes people jealous...I'm ok with that. Twisted Evil )

phantomgirl110

Posts : 246
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 28
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

View user profile http://freewebs.com/little-meg

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  MasqPhan on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:37 pm

That's an awesome picture. I think I'd have it blown up and framed!

_________________
Keeper of the Vegas Phantom deformity and Meg's Hannibal costume
Avatar by Raphael.

MasqPhan
Admin

Posts : 390
Join date : 2009-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  Paula74 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:11 pm

I absolutely love the idea of bringing Gillian Lynne in to speak next year!

Paula74

Posts : 626
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 42
Location : Monsieur Madeleine's office

View user profile http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  operafantomet on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:32 pm

Paula74 wrote:I absolutely love the idea of bringing Gillian Lynne in to speak next year!
Agreed, her saucy comments alone would be enough to bring me over... Laughing

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  aussiephan on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:33 pm

I'm another that put her down as my top pick for a key note speaker. Think she would be very entertaining - I never look at that part of MOTN against the portcullis the same way as Iused to since her comment in the Behind the Mask doco Laughing

Bonnie

aussiephan

Posts : 23
Join date : 2009-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  Rebecca on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:10 pm

aussiephan wrote:I'm another that put her down as my top pick for a key note speaker. Think she would be very entertaining - I never look at that part of MOTN against the portcullis the same way as Iused to since her comment in the Behind the Mask doco Laughing

Bonnie

Okay, again I'm forced to admit I've been MIA for awhile. Would you mind refreshing my memory as to what she said? I think I may have seen the documentary once upon a blue moon, but I totally can't remember now! I love that part (and sure I'm not alone in that!) and would be very curious to hear what she had to say about it!

Would love, love, love to hear from her. I've been putting a bug in my husbands ear that we need to go next year. He needs to get back in touch with his Phantom side ;-) So do I - but that's why I'm here! Hearing about Phan week and looking at everyone's photos made me so homesick! Well, maybe that's not the right word. Phan sick? Is that a term? Can I use that?

~Rebecca

Rebecca

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-09-23
Location : Toronto, ON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  operafantomet on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:13 pm

Rebecca wrote:
aussiephan wrote:I'm another that put her down as my top pick for a key note speaker. Think she would be very entertaining - I never look at that part of MOTN against the portcullis the same way as Iused to since her comment in the Behind the Mask doco Laughing

Bonnie

Okay, again I'm forced to admit I've been MIA for awhile. Would you mind refreshing my memory as to what she said? I think I may have seen the documentary once upon a blue moon, but I totally can't remember now! I love that part (and sure I'm not alone in that!) and would be very curious to hear what she had to say about it!

Would love, love, love to hear from her. I've been putting a bug in my husbands ear that we need to go next year. He needs to get back in touch with his Phantom side ;-)

~Rebecca
In short, Gillian Lynne means Christine pulls away from the portcullis 'cause the Phantom got a bender... Laughing She also has a saucy comment about when the Phantom "sleeks out" his look after removing the cloak and hat in the end of the title song, he-he.

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  Rebecca on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:50 pm

operafantomet wrote:
Rebecca wrote:
aussiephan wrote:I'm another that put her down as my top pick for a key note speaker. Think she would be very entertaining - I never look at that part of MOTN against the portcullis the same way as Iused to since her comment in the Behind the Mask doco Laughing

Bonnie

Okay, again I'm forced to admit I've been MIA for awhile. Would you mind refreshing my memory as to what she said? I think I may have seen the documentary once upon a blue moon, but I totally can't remember now! I love that part (and sure I'm not alone in that!) and would be very curious to hear what she had to say about it!

Would love, love, love to hear from her. I've been putting a bug in my husbands ear that we need to go next year. He needs to get back in touch with his Phantom side ;-)

~Rebecca
In short, Gillian Lynne means Christine pulls away from the portcullis 'cause the Phantom got a bender... Laughing She also has a saucy comment about when the Phantom "sleeks out" his look after removing the cloak and hat in the end of the title song, he-he.

Shocked

LOL!! Laughing

Okay, so, um... maybe I didn't see that 'cause Im pretty darn sure I would have remembered THAT!! LOL! Where and when was this documentary? Clearly something I need to see!

Thanks - that kinda made my day! I hope I don't burst out laughing next time I'm in the theatre...

~Rebecca

Rebecca

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-09-23
Location : Toronto, ON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  operafantomet on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:57 pm

Rebecca wrote: Shocked

LOL!! Laughing

Okay, so, um... maybe I didn't see that 'cause Im pretty darn sure I would have remembered THAT!! LOL! Where and when was this documentary? Clearly something I need to see!

Thanks - that kinda made my day! I hope I don't burst out laughing next time I'm in the theatre...

~Rebecca
You agree now that she NEEDS to be one of the convention speakers next year? He-he. The bender comment is from BBC's documentary "Behind the Mask" from 200...7? 2008? I think the whole thing is on YouTube.

Seriously though, I'd love to hear her talk about the Phantom choreography and blocking - especially why, how and how much she's used of Degas in the choreography. I recognize more and more poses from his paintings, it's so cool! And I think she can relate well to the ballet rats, having been a hard-working classical ballet dancer herself.

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  Rebecca on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:09 pm

operafantomet wrote:
Rebecca wrote: Shocked

LOL!! Laughing

Okay, so, um... maybe I didn't see that 'cause Im pretty darn sure I would have remembered THAT!! LOL! Where and when was this documentary? Clearly something I need to see!

Thanks - that kinda made my day! I hope I don't burst out laughing next time I'm in the theatre...

~Rebecca
You agree now that she NEEDS to be one of the convention speakers next year? He-he. The bender comment is from BBC's documentary "Behind the Mask" from 200...7? 2008? I think the whole thing is on YouTube.

Seriously though, I'd love to hear her talk about the Phantom choreography and blocking - especially why, how and how much she's used of Degas in the choreography. I recognize more and more poses from his paintings, it's so cool! And I think she can relate well to the ballet rats, having been a hard-working classical ballet dancer herself.

Absolutely! I'd love to hear from her! Not just for her obviously wonderful sense of humour, but I'd love to hear more on what she has to say about the choreography and blocking. It's so intricate and fascinating, and having a background in dance it would be a fantastic opportunity. I'm all for it! Count me in!

And I do remember that documentary now! I remember hearing about it, as RUG actually contacted Jeff and I about possibly using footage from our wedding videos (since we had a 'Phantom' wedding). Obviously they didn't end up using anything we sent, which is fine and doesn't really surprise me given that the video was filmed by our friends and wasn't exactly professional. Lol! Well, it was fun for us anyway! We never did follow through and watch it though... guess I'll have to now!

~Rebecca

Rebecca

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-09-23
Location : Toronto, ON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  Raphael on Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:29 am

The Phantom Las Vegas Newsletter just released a Phantom Fans Week recap:

http://phantomvegasoffers.com/newsletters/082508/?url=phantom/0910

R.

_________________
Proud former member of TMCPMC
Keeper of Brianne Morgan's Masquerade hip-swish
www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Raphael

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2009-09-22
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

View user profile http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  Rebecca on Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:41 pm

Raphael wrote:The Phantom Las Vegas Newsletter just released a Phantom Fans Week recap:

http://phantomvegasoffers.com/newsletters/082508/?url=phantom/0910

R.

Okay., two things I have to say after reading the article from the Toronto Star:

..and its chandelier now a scream-producing instrument of terror instead of the snow-cone we snoozed through in Toronto.

Snow-cone? Okay, I admit the Toronto production was nowhere near as high tech as Vegas, but it was also nearly 20 years older and deserves a bit more respect, I think. Snow-cone indeed... Oh, Toronto Star, for shame!

Secondly:
“I think the show itself is timeless an dthe emotions inside it have a very visceral appeal to human beings. I think people underestimate how important it is that this show observes what happens when people respond to deformity in an irrational way. It’s like The Elephant Man, which I thought about a lot when I was preparing Phantom."

Yay for Hal Prince! This makes me very happy Very Happy I mean, I thought he was awesome anyway, but Joseph Merrick = My Hero so, yeah, more 'awesome points' for you, Mr. Prince!!

~Rebecca

Rebecca

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-09-23
Location : Toronto, ON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  meglett on Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:47 pm

COULDN'T MAKE IT TO
FANS WEEK THIS YEAR?

Keep an eye out in future newsletters for the official Phantom Fans Week 2010 announcement.

I bet this makes a lot of people happy! cheers bounce What a Face

meglett

Posts : 98
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  Guest on Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:08 pm

Woo-Hoo! Smile cheers

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  MasqPhan on Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:28 pm

Yes that made me very happy to read that. Can't wait until the 2010 announcement. cheers

Rebecca, I agree in your feelings toward the Toronto chandelier comment. Sure it's not the Vegas chandelier but it looked lovely and it fell at a good enough speed. Sigh. Miss that show. Snow-cone? I think not! Boo to the Toronto Star.

_________________
Keeper of the Vegas Phantom deformity and Meg's Hannibal costume
Avatar by Raphael.

MasqPhan
Admin

Posts : 390
Join date : 2009-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  SenorSwanky on Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:08 pm

Brianne, who is that in your avatar?

SenorSwanky

Posts : 1632
Join date : 2009-09-25
Age : 31
Location : Raleigh, NC

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:53 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum