Souvenir brochures

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  Amberly_Nichole on Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:43 am

Does anyone happen to know if it's still possible to purchase the London souvenir program with Ramin Karimloo, Leila Benn Harris, Robyn North and Alex Rathgeber? And if so, where? Thanks!

Amberly_Nichole

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  operafantomet on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:36 am

Amberly_Nichole wrote:Does anyone happen to know if it's still possible to purchase the London souvenir program with Ramin Karimloo, Leila Benn Harris, Robyn North and Alex Rathgeber? And if so, where? Thanks!
I think DressCircle is your best bet. They sometime have elder brochures in stock. Otherwise, eBay is your friend. Especially UK eBay.
http://www.dresscircle.co.uk/ (I doubt it's on their website, but contact them and ask)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk

Speaking of which, there are some interesting brochures on eBay now:

VIENNESE (GĂ–BLER, NISTLER, PFEIFFER):
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RARE-Phantom-Opera-Souvenir-Program-VIENNA-CAST-/330469286233?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf1812159#ht_500wt_1123

WEST END (JOJ, DUTCHER; CAMMELLE):
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RARE-Phantom-Opera-Souvenir-Program-LONDON-CAST-/330469294427?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf181415b#ht_500wt_1123

WEST END (KERSLAKE, WASHINGTON, STERLING):
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RARE-Phantom-Opera-Souvenir-Program-LONDON-CAST-/330469315718?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf1819486#ht_500wt_1123

PLAYBILL FOR THE KERSLAKE ONE:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PHANTOM-OPERA-GLYN-KERSLAKE-JILL-WASHINGTON-/200348203716?pt=UK_Collectables_Theatre_Opera_Ballet_Theatre_Programmes_Brochures_Flyers_CV&hash=item2ea5aefac4

WEST END (WILLETTS, HARTLEY-MORRIS, CORMICK):
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Phantom-Opera-Souvenir-Program-Program-London-/190434666932?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c56ca69b4#ht_3302wt_882

US TOUR (HILSABECK, PFISTERER, CHANDLER):
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PROGRAM-PHANTOM-OPERA-1986-WEBBER-/380238770883?pt=Vintage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item5887ff32c3#ht_710wt_1108

BROADWAY (JACOBY, CULLIVER, PANARO):
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1991-Phantom-Opera-Program-Majestic-Theater-NY-/180556569283?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0a029ac3#ht_993wt_1108

MELBOURNE 1992 (CAST? I'm guessing Rob Guest and Maree Johnson, but not sure)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Phantom-Opera-Princess-Theatre-Melbourne-/120614600871?pt=UK_Collectables_Theatre_Opera_Ballet_Theatre_Programmes_Brochures_Flyers_CV&hash=item1c1530c0a7#ht_500wt_1123

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  Amberly_Nichole on Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:15 pm

Thanks very much!

Amberly_Nichole

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  operafantomet on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:18 am

I guess someone had a thought like this:

"Oh, so Scott Davies is back as the Phantom, is he? Principal even? Lots of desperate housewiphes in costumes will surely flood Haymarket now, to cry their eyes out and buy a new ticket on their way out. And they will want anything with Scott Davies name on it, and they will pay a fortune for it. Mwhahahaha, I will be rich! RICH, I say!"

Cause $30 for a Scott Davies brochure, brilliant as the man is, is a ripoff... And then someone follows up with demanding $99 for the cast programme!! Shocked
http://cgi.ebay.com/Phantom-Opera-London-Program-Scott-Davies-Her-Ma-/250670797677?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5d24d36d#ht_500wt_897
http://cgi.ebay.com/PHANTOM-OPERA-HER-MAJESTYS-THEATRE-RARE-PROGRAM-/250676655963?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5d7e375b#ht_596wt_882


This, on the other hand, is a bargain.... Brochure with Dave Willetts, Claire Moore (Rebecca Caine) and Michael Ball, from November 1987 in London, currently $1,57:
http://cgi.ebay.com/PHANTOM-OPERA-PROGRAM-/130429292318?pt=UK_Collectables_Theatre_Opera_Ballet_Theatre_Programmes_Brochures_Flyers_CV&hash=item1e5e310f1e#ht_500wt_1123

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  Phantomlove on Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:48 am

It says that the cast programme is extremely rare... albino , don't think so, I think it is quite the opposite, rather comon,. Basketball

Phantomlove

Posts : 221
Join date : 2009-09-22
Location : Sweden

View user profile http://siggesot.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  EarlFan on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:30 pm

operafantomet wrote:

And then someone follows up with demanding $99 for the cast programme!! Shocked

Wow, I've got two older programmes with Scott D. Don't remember what I paid for those but certainly not $99! What, I wonder, makes it that extremely rare?

EarlFan

Posts : 278
Join date : 2009-09-21
Location : Sweden

View user profile http://riasphantomfiles.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  operafantomet on Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:16 pm

Speaking of souvenir brochures...

I remember when Broadway FINALLY got a new brochure, for the "Longest Running" event. I adore that brochure. But the boat scene picture spread out over page 2+3 had a sticker in the upper right corner, with credit list, the mask and the logo (in later versions this is a part of the printed page and no longer a sticker).

Someone well informed said it was because of either a misprint or wrong info they originally put in there, so they had to manually attach all these stickers on top of it. Anyone knows what exactly made them do this? I've alway been curious of it - but not so curious that I'll try to remove the sticker, and ruin the brochure...

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  Scorp on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:27 pm

operafantomet wrote:Speaking of souvenir brochures...

I remember when Broadway FINALLY got a new brochure, for the "Longest Running" event. I adore that brochure. But the boat scene picture spread out over page 2+3 had a sticker in the upper right corner, with credit list, the mask and the logo (in later versions this is a part of the printed page and no longer a sticker).

Someone well informed said it was because of either a misprint or wrong info they originally put in there, so they had to manually attach all these stickers on top of it. Anyone knows what exactly made them do this? I've alway been curious of it - but not so curious that I'll try to remove the sticker, and ruin the brochure...

I can't even remember that. Next time I have access to my copy I'll have to have a look... My copy came from the Gala Night itself as someone I knew attended, so I assume mine must have the sticker as well.

My copy of the Madrid brochure arrived today...grabbed it off eBay thanks to someone here who pointed it out. It's a little disappointing to be honest, not very many pictures at all. However, what surprised me is that it does contain the entire Madrid libretto at the back! That made up for the lack of pictures.

_________________
In Hal Prince we trust.

Scorp

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2009-09-21

View user profile http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  operafantomet on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:10 pm

Scorp wrote:My copy of the Madrid brochure arrived today...grabbed it off eBay thanks to someone here who pointed it out. It's a little disappointing to be honest, not very many pictures at all. However, what surprised me is that it does contain the entire Madrid libretto at the back! That made up for the lack of pictures.
Isn't that absurd? Such random pictures, and so few of them, BUT the entire libretto... And nice bronze/gold paper in front (or was it the back?). And it's rather small in size too. It's one of the more odd brochures I own, it's almost as if they intended it as a publishing of the libretto rather than a souvenir brochure, but then changed their mind...

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  operafantomet on Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:29 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHANTOM-OPERA-LONDON-STAGE-SOUVENIR-BROCHURE-86-/190457747706?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c582a98fa#ht_879wt_856
Overpriced, but it's such a nice brochure... The large London one with Earl Carpenter, Rachel Barrell and David Shannon. From 1986, of course... Wink


http://cgi.ebay.com/Phantom-Opera-Souvenir-Brochure-/190464147701?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c588c40f5#ht_1045wt_1089
Grant Norman and Adrienne McEwan/McKeown, July 1994. Cheap!


http://cgi.ebay.com/KISS-Paul-Stanley-Phantom-Opera-Program-Poster-/400155914373?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d2b26b085#ht_500wt_871
Paul Stanley in Toronto (the red brochure with poster). Cool item, but.... $99?

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  operafantomet on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:13 am

Calling all Aussies (or rich people....)

A guy in Australia is giving selling a 2008 Australian brochure + an October 2008 West End brochure for dirt cheap at http://musicals.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=80454 . I originally wanted them, but the shipping from Australia to Norway will be insane. So I thought maybe anyone locals/millionaires might grab them instead?

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  Scorp on Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:54 pm

I bought one of those giant Hamburg brochures -- the oversized one where the front cover picture is the mirror scene. Does anyone else have it? Slightly disappointed insofar as (I think) quite a few of the pictures are similar/the same as those from the other nice Hamburg brochure with the boat scene as the cover. I can't compare them though as my other one isn't with me. I should probably stop buying these things now... I have no more space!

_________________
In Hal Prince we trust.

Scorp

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2009-09-21

View user profile http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  operafantomet on Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:09 am

Scorp wrote:I bought one of those giant Hamburg brochures -- the oversized one where the front cover picture is the mirror scene. Does anyone else have it? Slightly disappointed insofar as (I think) quite a few of the pictures are similar/the same as those from the other nice Hamburg brochure with the boat scene as the cover. I can't compare them though as my other one isn't with me. I should probably stop buying these things now... I have no more space!
No worries love, I could take them. Yes, I could! Cool I don't think I have that one. I have a slightly smaller one with a *beautiful* MOTN picture of Thomas Schulze and Colby Thomas, and with the throne in the back. I love that one. But I'm guessing the one with the mirror cover came in between this and the one with the boat scene?

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Several Phantom Programs For Sale On Ebay!

Post  Devon on Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:52 am

Hey all,

Just popping in to let everyone know I am currently selling a few programs with some added goodies from my personal collection on Ebay right now. If anyone is interested, I'm including the direct links. For either yourself or another fellow POTO fan, it's just in time for Christmas! If anyone wants to see additional pictures, email me at: andersondevonk@aol.com and I'll send them to you!

Devon~

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160513511510&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160513517933&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160513542159&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160513544280&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160513552510&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

Devon

Posts : 339
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 37
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile http://devonsdomain.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  SenorSwanky on Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:46 pm

This could've gone in the eBay thread.

SenorSwanky

Posts : 1632
Join date : 2009-09-25
Age : 31
Location : Raleigh, NC

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Sorry!!

Post  Devon on Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:24 pm

SenorSwanky wrote:This could've gone in the eBay thread.

Sorry, I didn't see an Ebay thread. I apologize, I'm new to this forum!

Devon

Posts : 339
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 37
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile http://devonsdomain.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

New Phantom of the Opera Programs on Ebay!

Post  Devon on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:45 pm

Hey all,

The other Phantom programs sold on Ebay but I just put up a few more so if any of you missed out or didn't get to bid on time, here's your chance!

http://shop.ebay.com/caligirl_24/m.html

Devon

Posts : 339
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 37
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile http://devonsdomain.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Playbills on Ebay

Post  Devon on Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:35 am

Hello all!

Well all my programs sold on Ebay, thanks to everyone who looked, bid, or bought them!
I am currently auctioning off playbills in lots of two. Currently I have two separate lots going on Ebay that have an hour or two left. In the coming days I will be posting more! If anyone is looking for a particular actor/actress, message me and I will see what I have!

Here's the direct link to my Ebay:

http://shop.ebay.com/caligirl_24/m.html

Devon

Posts : 339
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 37
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile http://devonsdomain.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  operafantomet on Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:35 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHANTOM-OPERA-HER-MAJESTYS-THEATRE-RARE-PROGRAM-/250706779329?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5f49dcc1#ht_732wt_788

Hahahahahaha! Hundred dollars for a program/playbill from West End.

"ALSO INCLUDED IS THE OFFICIAL GUIDE TO LONDON THEATRES! THESE ARE BOTH EXREMELY RARE AND VERY COLLECTIBLE!"

Erm.... or not.... Rolling Eyes

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  Devon on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:37 pm

operafantomet wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/PHANTOM-OPERA-HER-MAJESTYS-THEATRE-RARE-PROGRAM-/250706779329?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5f49dcc1#ht_732wt_788

Hahahahahaha! Hundred dollars for a program/playbill from West End.

"ALSO INCLUDED IS THE OFFICIAL GUIDE TO LONDON THEATRES! THESE ARE BOTH EXREMELY RARE AND VERY COLLECTIBLE!"

Erm.... or not.... Rolling Eyes

I saw that! I'm thinking um, I don't care how rare it is, I won't pay a hundred bucks for a playbill!!!!! Unless maybe it was signed by MC, SB, and Steve Barton!! ;-)

Devon

Posts : 339
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 37
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile http://devonsdomain.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  EarlFan on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:21 pm

operafantomet wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/PHANTOM-OPERA-HER-MAJESTYS-THEATRE-RARE-PROGRAM-/250706779329?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5f49dcc1#ht_732wt_788

Hahahahahaha! Hundred dollars for a program/playbill from West End.

"ALSO INCLUDED IS THE OFFICIAL GUIDE TO LONDON THEATRES! THESE ARE BOTH EXREMELY RARE AND VERY COLLECTIBLE!"

Erm.... or not.... Rolling Eyes

Oh my, hope nobody will fall for that Shocked

EarlFan

Posts : 278
Join date : 2009-09-21
Location : Sweden

View user profile http://riasphantomfiles.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

In search of international POTO souvenir programs

Post  Devon on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:21 am

There are so many freakin POTO programs that I have decided, to keep my sanity, I will start collecting a few international ones...lol
I am currently looking for South Africa, Argentina, Mexico, Hungary, Poland (if there is one), Korea, and Australia. Whew! That's all I can think of for now. I currently do not have any to trade but would be willing to purchase (depending on price and shipping) via paypal if anyone has doubles or wants to part with one that I have listed. Thank ya!

Devon

Posts : 339
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 37
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile http://devonsdomain.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  operafantomet on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:24 am

EarlFan wrote:
operafantomet wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/PHANTOM-OPERA-HER-MAJESTYS-THEATRE-RARE-PROGRAM-/250706779329?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5f49dcc1#ht_732wt_788

Hahahahahaha! Hundred dollars for a program/playbill from West End.

"ALSO INCLUDED IS THE OFFICIAL GUIDE TO LONDON THEATRES! THESE ARE BOTH EXREMELY RARE AND VERY COLLECTIBLE!"

Erm.... or not.... Rolling Eyes

Oh my, hope nobody will fall for that Shocked

For some reason it's still listed. Which means no-one has bought it. Who would have guessed... Laughing

Devon, I second the request for an Argentine brochure. They looked so gorgeous, and I contacted the theatre to buy one. But they would only ship through UPS, which meant the price was insane. So I had to skip it.

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  Devon on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:40 am

operafantomet wrote:
EarlFan wrote:
operafantomet wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/PHANTOM-OPERA-HER-MAJESTYS-THEATRE-RARE-PROGRAM-/250706779329?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5f49dcc1#ht_732wt_788

Hahahahahaha! Hundred dollars for a program/playbill from West End.

"ALSO INCLUDED IS THE OFFICIAL GUIDE TO LONDON THEATRES! THESE ARE BOTH EXREMELY RARE AND VERY COLLECTIBLE!"

Erm.... or not.... Rolling Eyes

Oh my, hope nobody will fall for that Shocked

For some reason it's still listed. Which means no-one has bought it. Who would have guessed... Laughing

Devon, I second the request for an Argentine brochure. They looked so gorgeous, and I contacted the theatre to buy one. But they would only ship through UPS, which meant the price was insane. So I had to skip it.

I have never seen any pics from the Argentina program but hear that they are wonderful! I have YET to see one pop up anywhere though....you contacted the theater but they would only ship UPS...yes I suppose that gets insanely expensive. That's the downfall with wanting the international programs. :-(

What about either the South Africa or Australia ones? Are they worth buying in your opinion?

I still can't believe the Basel one, omg....I LOVE IT! So many pictures I was almost drooling all over the pages...LOL

Devon

Posts : 339
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 37
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile http://devonsdomain.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  operafantomet on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:33 am

The South Africa ones is definitely worth getting, both because it's fairly rare and has pretty pictures as well as full cast lists. It's of the same size as the Swedish, Vienna and early Danish brochures, but with white cover.

The Australian ones vary a lot. Some has nice pictures, some has dark pictures. I was also a bit disappointed by one of the World Tour brochures, which had full page pictures hidden under all the text, but few pics without text. But they're all pretty, and they're of course an important part of Phantom history.

I have updated my list of brochures. I've added some new ones, included info on who has signed them, and also updated the non-Phantom brochure list. Here:

http://aneafiles.webs.com/private/brochures.html

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  Devon on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:48 am

operafantomet wrote:The South Africa ones is definitely worth getting, both because it's fairly rare and has pretty pictures as well as full cast lists. It's of the same size as the Swedish, Vienna and early Danish brochures, but with white cover.

The Australian ones vary a lot. Some has nice pictures, some has dark pictures. I was also a bit disappointed by one of the World Tour brochures, which had full page pictures hidden under all the text, but few pics without text. But they're all pretty, and they're of course an important part of Phantom history.

I have updated my list of brochures. I've added some new ones, included info on who has signed them, and also updated the non-Phantom brochure list. Here:

http://aneafiles.webs.com/private/brochures.html

You have quite the list! I really want to get my hands on the South African one!
If anyone out there wants to part with any international POTO programs, I will buy! I only purchase via PayPal though. I don't have any programs to trade but will totally buy and take them off someone's hands. :-)

Devon

Posts : 339
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 37
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile http://devonsdomain.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Looking for POTO Programs (International)

Post  Devon on Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:16 am

If anyone out there would like to part with programs if they have doubles or just cleaning house, I am open for buying via PayPal! I have nothing to trade (wish I did!)

I am currently looking for the following brochures/programs:
South Africa
Belgium
Madrid
Budapest
Poland
Brazil

I am trying to focus more on getting the international POTO programs because quite frankly, they are better than the US or London ones! They are bigger, more pages and pictures and also the pictures are so rich in color! I have started collecting but off hand I know these are out there, it's just a matter of finding them. :-)

Cheers!

Devon

Posts : 339
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 37
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile http://devonsdomain.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  operafantomet on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:00 am

Devon wrote:I am trying to focus more on getting the international POTO programs because quite frankly, they are better than the US or London ones! They are bigger, more pages and pictures and also the pictures are so rich in color!
That is, the London ones before 2000. Newer versions are the same size as the Broadway record-breaking one, and with lots of large, glossy, gorgeous (and sometimes very amusingly photoshopped) photos. Totally different than the ones with white cover.

Alas I have nothing to offer for trades or sale, but I'll keep an eye on the various eBay sites I visit!

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  Devon on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:11 am

operafantomet wrote:
Devon wrote:I am trying to focus more on getting the international POTO programs because quite frankly, they are better than the US or London ones! They are bigger, more pages and pictures and also the pictures are so rich in color!
That is, the London ones before 2000. Newer versions are the same size as the Broadway record-breaking one, and with lots of large, glossy, gorgeous (and sometimes very amusingly photoshopped) photos. Totally different than the ones with white cover.

Alas I have nothing to offer for trades or sale, but I'll keep an eye on the various eBay sites I visit!

Oh yes, I stand corrected! The London ones from 2000 on ARE better and bigger....I have one from 2001 and it's wonderful. :-)

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me!!

Devon

Posts : 339
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 37
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile http://devonsdomain.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  operafantomet on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:05 pm

Courtesy of Loettchen, I now have a South Korean brochure in my possession. And I am super excited about it! I'll bring some pictures later on (in the "Rare Pictures" thread), in the mean time here are some general observations:

*The cover and formate is about the same as the World Tour ones - a sort of bound book instead of a stapled brochure. The cover is black, with black embossed mask and logo.

*The layout inside is also pretty similar to the World Tour ones. It's a combined brochure and playbill/programme (I.E. lots of pictures as well as presentation of the cast, articles etc).

*Alas many of the pictures, which are two-page spread and very interesting, are placed behind the writing. The picture is also in the middle of the fold, which makes it impossible to photograph/scan unless you bend the back and risk the whole thing falling apart.

*But they've been decent enough to write who's in the pictures all through the brochure (like the Las Vegas one did). A smart move when the lead roles are shared.

*Much, though not all, of the key text is both in Korean and English.

*The also have a cool presentation of the characters of the show, with a costume picture, the name of the character, and a short write-up. Oddly I don't think any other brochures has had this?

*All the cast headshots are b/w, which doesn't steal too much focus from the colour photos of the musical.

*They have new Hannibal bodices! Those are definitely not the original Aussie ones. I'm tempted to say they've gotten a bunch of European ones, as the panels are narrow and the velvet is dark and smooth. The Aussie ones had colourful crushed velvet and wide panels. But they have the Aussie rope skirts, which means the stripes of the skirt no longer match up with the stripes of the bodice. A pity, really. Pics to come...

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:26 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum