Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Souvenir brochures

+40
StrangerThanUDreamt
NightRachel
Mme Reyer
nynaevealmeera
tromp-la-mort
ianjonbourgandethanfreema
kakaroxox
phan101
TheMaskedLion
Paula74
AlwaysChristine
PorteƱa
Bunvendor
Helen
ladygodiva
TheFinnishPhantom
PhantomsGhost
MasqPhan
Klavirista
CountessDeChangy
SenorSwanky
Devon
Amberly_Nichole
Callie Daae
Christine's Shadow
MajesticPhantom
justin-from-barbados
London-Phan
Madame Giry
justin1976
Phantomlove
ML6
IamErik771
phantom10906
phantomgirl110
Raphael
EarlFan
HerMajesty
Scorp
operafantomet
44 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Souvenir brochures - Page 14 Empty Re: Souvenir brochures

Post  operafantomet Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:53 am

HerMajesty wrote:Finally got the UK tour brochure last night at my second time this time in Leeds, it's quite nice, very similar to the London fare but I hate the Phantom's new styling, I hated it anyway but to have it in fill glorious print is just wrong lol.
Looking forward to get my copy! As much as I think the new sets and staging is a hit-and-miss, the brochure has some lovely photos in it, and I rather like the red logo.
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  phan101 Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:14 am

Ah this is my type of thread! Only started collecting in June ( I know, where have I been!) but am eager to get my hands on as many as possible!
phan101
phan101

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:45 pm

phan101 wrote:Ah this is my type of thread! Only started collecting in June ( I know, where have I been!) but am eager to get my hands on as many as possible!
Welcome to the madness, hahaha. Are there any countries/productions/singers you especially focus on, or do you collect whatever you come across?
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  phan101 Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:52 pm

operafantomet wrote:
phan101 wrote:Ah this is my type of thread! Only started collecting in June ( I know, where have I been!) but am eager to get my hands on as many as possible!
Welcome to the madness, hahaha. Are there any countries/productions/singers you especially focus on, or do you collect whatever you come across?

Why thank you Very Happy Not particularly at the moment, I seem to grab what I can Smile I suppose at the moment I'm concentrating on London, but I love others; waiting for Hamburg as I love how overly lavish and grand that production felt, and also any Asian ones.
phan101
phan101

Back to top Go down

Post  phan101 Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:09 am

Just won a signed Dave Willetts brochure on ebay...intense last minuet bidding there!
phan101
phan101

Back to top Go down

Post  CountessDeChangy Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:26 pm

Has anyone scanned the 25th tour programe?.. I can't find anywhere to order it, and I'd like to see the inside..lol
CountessDeChangy
CountessDeChangy

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:42 pm

CountessDeChangy wrote:Has anyone scanned the 25th tour programe?.. I can't find anywhere to order it, and I'd like to see the inside..lol
I know there's been several scanned sets on Tumblr. Search for "John Owen Jones" "Katie Hall" over there and I think you'll find them rather quickly. The brochure is beautiful, really beautiful.

I scored an April 1988 West End brochure on eBay the other day. I've looked for it for such a long time, it was a kick to find it AND score it. As a bonus it contained a lovely Hannibal picture of Maria Moll I've never seen before.

I also won an April 1995 brochure, haven't received it yet.

This means I lack around 15 West End brochures before my collection is complete (not counting the various gala and charity brochures, which is hard to track down and darn expensive if they ever show up).
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  phan101 Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:45 pm

That's so cool Smile out of interest, how do you know the amount of brochures there are?
phan101
phan101

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:51 pm

phan101 wrote:That's so cool Smile out of interest, how do you know the amount of brochures there are?
Do you mean how much they cost or how many they've printed?

Well, it doesn't matter, I don't have the answer to any of those questions, hahaha. But I know each brochure carries the name of the theatre they're performing in, so the cover is place specific and as such the amount must be limited.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  phan101 Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:54 pm

operafantomet wrote:
phan101 wrote:That's so cool Smile out of interest, how do you know the amount of brochures there are?

Well, it doesn't matter, I don't have the answer to any of those questions, hahaha. But I know each brochure carries the name of the theatre they're performing in, so the cover is place specific and as such the amount must be limited.

I mean how do you know how many different brochures there are, if you say you only need 15? I assume you estimate through the amount of different casts?
phan101
phan101

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:45 pm

phan101 wrote:
operafantomet wrote:

I mean how do you know how many different brochures there are, if you say you only need 15? I assume you estimate through the amount of different casts?
Oh, I though you meant the new UK tour!

As for West End, there should be around 52 (haven't done the exact math), not counting the charity and gala ones. They've released one every half a year, with some exceptions. I sorely lack all from 1992 and 1998, and also those from 2002. Other than that I often have one of two publications from the various years, though many years are complete too.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:11 pm

Is anyone is looking for a souvenir brochure from the Melbourne leg of the Aussie tour - with Anthony Warlow, Ana Marina and John Bowles - it might very well be your day:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Phantom-Of-The-Opera-Brochure-/160897354841?pt=UK_Collectables_Theatre_Opera_Ballet_Theatre_Programmes_Brochures_Flyers_CV&hash=item25763acc59#ht_500wt_1089
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:12 am

operafantomet wrote:Is anyone is looking for a souvenir brochure from the Melbourne leg of the Aussie tour - with Anthony Warlow, Ana Marina and John Bowles - it might very well be your day:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Phantom-Of-The-Opera-Brochure-/160897354841?pt=UK_Collectables_Theatre_Opera_Ballet_Theatre_Programmes_Brochures_Flyers_CV&hash=item25763acc59#ht_500wt_1089

I'd love to have that one to add to my collection. I was very lucky to score one from his time in Sydney back in the early 90's. Smile
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Souvenir brochures - Page 14 Empty Hi Everyone! I'm new and starting to collect souvenir programmes =)

Post  kakaroxox Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:23 am

because I finally have a job again so I can buy stuff yay. I'm especially interested in London and European ones like German/Spanish etc. if anyone has any they would like to sell =)

Could someone help me? you know how new programmes in the west end for example come out all the time. Do they always have new pictures of that new cast inside? or do they use the same old pictures but just update the cast Bio page?

Thank you =)

kakaroxox

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:41 am

kakaroxox wrote:because I finally have a job again so I can buy stuff yay. I'm especially interested in London and European ones like German/Spanish etc. if anyone has any they would like to sell =)

Could someone help me? you know how new programmes in the west end for example come out all the time. Do they always have new pictures of that new cast inside? or do they use the same old pictures but just update the cast Bio page?
The West End souvenir brochures always features pictures of the current cast. There are some instances of photos being re-used, for example Christine taking a bow after TOM, but those are re-used because you can't tell who the singer is. There are also some cases of photoshopping old and new photos together. But as a general rule they always have a photoshoot during the dress rehearsal of the new cast, and these photos are printed in the new souvenir brochure. Even new brochures of the same cast can feature different photos.

The programmes doesn't have any production photos, but they contain articles, bios, head shots etc.

As for German souvenir brochures, I would definitely take a look at German eBay. They usually have a nice selection there. This one is a must:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Das-Phantom-der-Oper-Inszenierung-Neue-Flora-Hamburg-PHANTOM-Musical-Produkt-/150914772203?pt=Sach_FachbĆ¼cher&hash=item232338aceb#ht_506wt_841
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  kakaroxox Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:30 pm

thank you so much operafantomet for your explanation! in that case I'm going try to get west end ones off ebay.

if anyone has programmes of Ramin or John Owen-Jones for sale please let me know! =)

I wanted to get some German ones but those sellers weren't willing to ship to New Zealand... sad lol

kakaroxox

Back to top Go down

Post  phan101 Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:35 am

Had two new SBs in the post today. One being martin smith/Jill Washington, some great pictures of those two in their, Jill particularly looks great! The another was of the gala performance on October 8th 1986 with princess Diana in attendance. It's not much to look at but it's in mint condition and pretty cool Very Happy
phan101
phan101

Back to top Go down

Post  ianjonbourgandethanfreema Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:18 pm

I've never collected brochures before....but could anyone possibly help me find a brochure from Martin Smith's breif time with the show in 1989? I'd love to see some photos with him, but have no idea how or where to find it.

I'd also love some help in finding some brochures with Ethan Freeman/Peter Karrie either from London or Toronto. I'd be willing to pay or trade or whatever I must do in order to get them. Thank you for any help you can give!

ianjonbourgandethanfreema

Back to top Go down

Post  phan101 Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:22 pm

ianjonbourgandethanfreema wrote:I've never collected brochures before....but could anyone possibly help me find a brochure from Martin Smith's breif time with the show in 1989? I'd love to see some photos with him, but have no idea how or where to find it.

I'd also love some help in finding some brochures with Ethan Freeman/Peter Karrie either from London or Toronto. I'd be willing to pay or trade or whatever I must do in order to get them. Thank you for any help you can give!

Posted some on the Rare photos 2 page Smile
phan101
phan101

Back to top Go down

Post  tromp-la-mort Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:11 am

Could anyone in the UK kindly help me in getting the new UK tour programme (with Earl Carpenter photos)? I am in Russia and really have no idea how else I can get it from here Sad
tromp-la-mort
tromp-la-mort

http://nadaalopov.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Devon Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:25 am

tromp-la-mort wrote:Could anyone in the UK kindly help me in getting the new UK tour programme (with Earl Carpenter photos)? I am in Russia and really have no idea how else I can get it from here Sad

Hi there,

Not totally for certain but you could probably order the brochure from either the official Phantom website: http://www.thephantomoftheopera.com/

Or you could contact Dewynters directly as well: http://www.dewynters.com/
Devon
Devon

http://devonsdomain.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tromp-la-mort Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:26 am

Thank you very much!
The official store unfortunately didn't want to deal with Russia this time (and either way they do not seem to sell the tour brochure), but I'll try Dewynters! bounce
tromp-la-mort
tromp-la-mort

Back to top Go down

Post  Devon Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:29 am

tromp-la-mort wrote:Thank you very much!
The official store unfortunately didn't want to deal with Russia this time (and either way they do not seem to sell the tour brochure), but I'll try Dewynters! bounce

Awww that stinks! Yes, try Dewynters. Either that or I am sure there is someone on the forum who is from the UK that will see your post and perhaps get one for you! Good luck, I hope you get one soon! :-)
Devon
Devon

http://devonsdomain.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tromp-la-mort Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:33 am

Devon wrote:
tromp-la-mort wrote:Thank you very much!

Awww that stinks! Yes, try Dewynters. Either that or I am sure there is someone on the forum who is from the UK that will see your post and perhaps get one for you! Good luck, I hope you get one soon! :-)
Yeah, living in Russia causes issues at times Wink Last two times i tried to deal with the official store my packages were lost and never found again 9which is unfortunatelly not uncommon with Russian post), so I am not really surprised.
Unfortunately the new brochure wasn't out yet when I was in the UK myself!
tromp-la-mort
tromp-la-mort

Back to top Go down

Post  Mme Reyer Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:05 pm

I am hunting for a Broadway 10th Anniversary Playbill. If you have one, I can trade you a 25th Anniversary or a 10,000 performance one. My email is br3whit@bellsouth.net
Mme Reyer
Mme Reyer

Back to top Go down

Post  nynaevealmeera Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:48 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm also looking for the 25th Anniversary souvenir brochure starring Ramin Karimloo and Sierra Boggess. However, the ones I could find on recent ebay listings are so f*cking expensive — around $200, even more expensive than the brochures from the 1986 production. No
My budget only allows up to $50, so if anyone wants to sell theirs, I'd be happy to take it off your hands. (More like please sell it to me Crying or Very sad ).
nynaevealmeera
nynaevealmeera

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:22 pm

nynaevealmeera wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm also looking for the 25th Anniversary souvenir brochure starring Ramin Karimloo and Sierra Boggess. However, the ones I could find on recent ebay listings are so f*cking expensive — around $200, even more expensive than the brochures from the 1986 production. No
My budget only allows up to $50, so if anyone wants to sell theirs, I'd be happy to take it off your hands. (More like please sell it to me Crying or Very sad ).

Now, I saw one up for sale quite recently that was within your budget. If this was posted earlier I could have provided you with a link.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:09 am

Those prices are ridiculous! I wouldn't even consider paying $50 for it.

Have you considered the box set with a condensed version of the brochure, plus the 25th anniversary book and lots of other stuff? Currently €68.00:
http://reallyusefulgroup.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/product?sourceCode=PTOWEBWWEUR&sku=PTO55687

If not, be patient. Search eBay once a week, with the keywords "Phantom of the Opera brochure", "Phantom of the Opera programme", "Phantom of the Opera program" and even ""Phantom of the Opera 25". Try both www.ebay.com and www.ebay.co.uk. Eventually the brochure will show up to a fair price. I've seen it several times for a much lower price. Not "buy it now", true, but still not going for outrageous sums.

I hope it'll show up, it's very worth getting!
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  nynaevealmeera Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:50 pm

ML6 wrote:

Now, I saw one up for sale quite recently that was within your budget. If this was posted earlier I could have provided you with a link.

Now that's a pity. I really REALLY wanted to buy that brochure ever since I saw the performance of Ramin and Sierra on the 25th anniversary celebration on bluray. I also live on the other side of the world, so it's not easy to order items on the net. It's a good thing that my aunt lives on the states and will be coming home this May. I guess I will have until then to find a copy that's within my budget.
nynaevealmeera
nynaevealmeera

Back to top Go down

Post  nynaevealmeera Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:07 pm

operafantomet wrote:

Those prices are ridiculous! I wouldn't even consider paying $50 for it.

Have you considered the box set with a condensed version of the brochure, plus the 25th anniversary book and lots of other stuff? Currently €68.00:

If not, be patient. Search eBay once a week, with the keywords "Phantom of the Opera brochure", "Phantom of the Opera programme", "Phantom of the Opera program" and even ""Phantom of the Opera 25". Try both ebay.com and ebay.co.uk. Eventually the brochure will show up to a fair price. I've seen it several times for a much lower price. Not "buy it now", true, but still not going for outrageous sums.

I hope it'll show up, it's very worth getting!

Thanks for the advise. However, the DVD included in the 25th anniversary box set is Region 2 coded. I live on Southeast Asia and have no multi-region dvd player. Smile

I really want to own the brochure since I've been obsessed with the stunning performance of Ramin and Sierra. I hope I could find a copy at a reasonable price.
nynaevealmeera
nynaevealmeera

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next