Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Las Vegas Phantom Fans Week 2010

+16
Phantomlove
PhantomJT
meglett
alaron
operafantomet
LadyCDaae
PhantomofPhoenix
MasqPhan
starryeyed
Loettchen
Raphael
phantom10906
ML6
ChorusGirl
Rebecca
Phantom on a Budget
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Las Vegas Phantom Fans Week 2010 Empty Las Vegas Phantom Fans Week 2010

Post  Phantom on a Budget Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:47 pm

Despite the lack of official announcement, I figured we could have a thread for the upcoming Fans Week 2010 to discuss potential dates, guest speakers, costume plans, and other activities. It looks like I will indeed be able to attend this year, so bring it on.
Phantom on a Budget
Phantom on a Budget

http://www.phantomonabudget.com

Back to top Go down

Las Vegas Phantom Fans Week 2010 Empty Re: Las Vegas Phantom Fans Week 2010

Post  Rebecca Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:23 am

Phantom on a Budget wrote:Despite the lack of official announcement, I figured we could have a thread for the upcoming Fans Week 2010 to discuss potential dates, guest speakers, costume plans, and other activities. It looks like I will indeed be able to attend this year, so bring it on.

Yay! Glad to hear you're going to be able to attend! We're looking forward to meeting you! Very Happy

Now if only they would announce the dates so we could start booking plane tickets, hotel, etc....
Rebecca
Rebecca

Back to top Go down

Post  ChorusGirl Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:28 pm

Really! I'm holding the month of September hostage in my planner right now, in case they do it that month again. I hope they tell us soon! I'm excited to go again- especially if there is going to be a flash mob. I'm all in for that one! Smile
ChorusGirl
ChorusGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

I really want to go to this. I can free up some time, and certainly find some money. But I'd be so lost when it comes to traveling to LV by myself. :/
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  phantom10906 Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:59 pm

ML6 wrote:I really want to go to this. I can free up some time, and certainly find some money. But I'd be so lost when it comes to traveling to LV by myself. :/

I traveled there for fans week for the first time myself last year. I found it fairly simple. Just do lots of research of where your going and have an action plan when you get there.

I will be there again this year. Planning on going to the ball as PONR Phantom. I wonder who we'll get for our keynote speaker this year? Very Happy
phantom10906
phantom10906

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=608426503#/profile.php?id

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:41 pm

Phantom on a Budget wrote:It looks like I will indeed be able to attend this year, so bring it on.
That statement is made of Awesome. Now if we can just get some of you European phans over here for the big shindig!

ML6: Those of us who have been to Vegas before can give you travel tips; that actually goes for anyone else who will be coming to Vegas for the first time. In fact, this thread could also serve as a repository for tips and advice as the itinerary gets locked down.

I'm still hoping for Gillian Lynne as this year's keynote speaker.

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Loettchen Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:53 pm

Phantom on a Budget wrote:It looks like I will indeed be able to attend this year, so bring it on.

Oh, now I really want to go! What a bummer that I probably can't.

But ML6, I agree with the people who already said not to let that stop you. It's totally doable, especially with all the fans who will be there. And I'm sure it will be worth it!
Loettchen
Loettchen

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:31 pm

If it's after September 4th... actually make that September 6th I could probably convince my other half and I could come. Likelihood of me actually coming is probably small however Sad

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantom on a Budget Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:47 pm

Aww, thanks guys! I feel loved. Smile

It's true, we fans take care of our own. If anyone's apprehensive about coming to LV alone, it's ok. We did quite a bit of stuff in a group last year, and I'm sure we'd all be happy to have a few extra members.
Phantom on a Budget
Phantom on a Budget

http://www.phantomonabudget.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:09 pm

ML6 wrote:I really want to go to this. I can free up some time, and certainly find some money. But I'd be so lost when it comes to traveling to LV by myself. :/

No need to feel lost. I've gone to LV many times alone. Vegas is a crazy city but it's easy to figure out how to get around. The airport is a few minutes from the Strip(main tourist area) and there are lots of good hotels within a 10/15mi walk to the Venetian Hotel/Phantom theatre in various price points.
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomofPhoenix Sat May 01, 2010 12:43 am

I went to this last year and it was pretty awesome! I hope to go this year as well. Just beware of the free champagne!

As others have said Vegas is pretty easy city to get around in as I have been there many times. Infact I'm going next weekend to see the show again! Very Happy

PhantomofPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Mon May 10, 2010 12:39 am

So as far as costumes go, do people mostly stick with ALW, or do other interpretations show up as well? I've a mind to do a Takarazuka costume but I'm scared of getting laughed at (well, more so than my pitiful sewing attempts would normally inspire, anyway.)

~LCD

LadyCDaae

http://musicalhell.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Loettchen Mon May 10, 2010 3:10 pm

I don't think you would be laughed at. There may be many ALW costumes, but from the photos from last year, it seems people wore whatever they wanted. The Takarazuka production has some beautiful costumes, and I'm sure whatever you made would be admired! Well, that's just what I think, anyway.
Loettchen
Loettchen

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca Tue May 11, 2010 10:07 pm

LadyCDaae wrote:So as far as costumes go, do people mostly stick with ALW, or do other interpretations show up as well? I've a mind to do a Takarazuka costume but I'm scared of getting laughed at (well, more so than my pitiful sewing attempts would normally inspire, anyway.)

~LCD

Personally, I'd be really interested to see different interpretations! How many opportunities are there to be in a room with phans who really appreciate different versions of Phantom anyway? I say go for it!
Rebecca
Rebecca

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri May 14, 2010 6:57 am

Rebecca wrote:
LadyCDaae wrote:So as far as costumes go, do people mostly stick with ALW, or do other interpretations show up as well? I've a mind to do a Takarazuka costume but I'm scared of getting laughed at (well, more so than my pitiful sewing attempts would normally inspire, anyway.)

Personally, I'd be really interested to see different interpretations! How many opportunities are there to be in a room with phans who really appreciate different versions of Phantom anyway? I say go for it!
I agree. Whereas people are more likely to recognize an ALW costume, I think anything Phantom would be well embraced.
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Fri May 14, 2010 1:15 pm

Okay, I'm sold. Now all I need to do is finish my current project, get fabric and trim, and find a pair of thigh boots that don't have insane fetish heels or a budget-crippling price tag...

~LCD

LadyCDaae

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Thu May 20, 2010 8:49 am

Got my costume commissioned. Should be ready and shipped by late June.

No word on Fans Week 2010 yet?

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  alaron Mon May 24, 2010 2:50 am

I couldn't go last year, and I've been anticipating this year ever since.

I couldn't find an "introductions" thread so I'll post here.
I was introduced to POTO in 1998, and I've been a phan ever since. Seen the show 14 times and so sad the US tour is coming to an end (though I have tickets for one performance and as soon as they expand into November I'll be attending closing night). Read the book (don't remember what translation), and loved that even more. Read about half the book in French before I put it aside in frustration (high school level French). I resisted seeing the Vegas production for 4 years because I knew it had been cut, but Crivello's performance blew me away.

I was on #phantom as Tanis until that disappeared, and I'm ecstatic to have found an active, vibrant phan community. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you in September Smile

alaron

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon May 24, 2010 9:30 pm

alaron wrote:I couldn't go last year, and I've been anticipating this year ever since.

I couldn't find an "introductions" thread so I'll post here.
I was introduced to POTO in 1998, and I've been a phan ever since. Seen the show 14 times and so sad the US tour is coming to an end (though I have tickets for one performance and as soon as they expand into November I'll be attending closing night). Read the book (don't remember what translation), and loved that even more. Read about half the book in French before I put it aside in frustration (high school level French). I resisted seeing the Vegas production for 4 years because I knew it had been cut, but Crivello's performance blew me away.

I was on #phantom as Tanis until that disappeared, and I'm ecstatic to have found an active, vibrant phan community. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you in September Smile
Welcome to the forum! There's an introduction thread here: https://desertedphans.forumotion.net/the-land-of-random-f8/fondest-greetings-t87.htm

Are you heading for Vegas for sure this year? I sooo want to go, but it's a long and expensive trip. silent
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 25, 2010 12:10 am

operafantomet wrote:

Are you heading for Vegas for sure this year? I sooo want to go, but it's a long and expensive trip. silent

You so need to come! Don't tease us!

Back to top Go down

Post  meglett Tue May 25, 2010 4:15 am

I am finally going to meet you this year, Anea!!!!! If it kills me!!!!!! Twisted Evil I'm counting on you making it.
meglett
meglett

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Tue May 25, 2010 5:08 am

meglett wrote:I am finally going to meet you this year, Anea!!!!! If it kills me!!!!!! Twisted Evil I'm counting on you making it.
See Anéa? That's a direct order from Meg Giry herself, so you've gotta be there Very Happy

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue May 25, 2010 11:47 pm

Raphael wrote:
meglett wrote:I am finally going to meet you this year, Anea!!!!! If it kills me!!!!!! Twisted Evil I'm counting on you making it.
See Anéa? That's a direct order from Meg Giry herself, so you've gotta be there Very Happy

R.
That is a tough one! lol!
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomJT Wed May 26, 2010 12:29 pm

Hey everyone - Sorry I know I dont post much here... I spend too much time on FB these days. argh!

I'm very excited for this years Phan Week. Can't wait to meet you guys in person!!

Still not sure what I'm going to dress up as. I was thinking...the chandelier...but not sure how I'd pull that one off while sitting in the audience. Laughing

~PhantomJT
PhantomJT
PhantomJT

http://www.twitter.com/jeffreytimmons

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantomlove Thu May 27, 2010 9:22 pm

Please go as the chandelier Jeff. I've always wanted to do a chandelier masquerade costume and it would be fun to see how you would interpret it flower .

Janne: Are you seriously planning on going to LV for fans week? It would be so cool and I would be really envious What a Face . If you go, have lot's of Phantom fun for me too.

Phantomlove

http://siggesot.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sat May 29, 2010 6:10 pm

Phantomlove wrote:Janne: Are you seriously planning on going to LV for fans week? It would be so cool and I would be really envious What a Face . If you go, have lot's of Phantom fun for me too.
I really hope I'll make it! And if I do, I swear you'll get daily updates. Cool
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Las Vegas Phantom Fans Week 2010 Empty prelimenary month

Post  alaron Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:10 pm

I just spoke with the box office. Apparently an announcement is coming in August for PPW 2010 in November.

alaron

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:14 pm

Say what?! Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:27 pm

Eeeeeh?? Shocked
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:30 am

Shocked Still, thinking positive...don't have to worry about missing out due to baby birthdays, in-law visits, or anniversary weekends. Plus, extra time to work on costume-which-I-haven't-even-started-yet...

~LCD

LadyCDaae

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next