Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who

+11
PhantomsGhost
IamErik771
MasqPhan
meglett
tiawhitecat
Freyalise
blueroses
KarriesAngel
EarlFan
Cape Twirl of Doom
Raphael
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Doctor Who Empty Doctor Who

Post  Raphael Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:25 am

Countdown to the final Tennant special and I STILL haven't seen anything since the season four finale. But on the plus side, I did snag seasons 2 and 3 at 50% off a couple weeks ago on Amazon.com, so I'll get to check out 10's past adventures at my leisure.

"Blink" here I come!
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who Empty Re: Doctor Who

Post  Cape Twirl of Doom Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:58 am

"Waters of Mars" was really good! It's gonna be on BBC America on Dec 19. I can't believe we only have one more month of DT as the Doctor! I'm looking forward to (but also dreading) these last 2 specials, cause they're gonna be awesome, but... no more David Tennant! Sad
Cape Twirl of Doom
Cape Twirl of Doom

Back to top Go down

Post  EarlFan Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:05 pm

I will miss David Tennant very much but still I really look forward to the last specials and to see the regeneration.
EarlFan
EarlFan

http://riasphantomfiles.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  KarriesAngel Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:34 pm

EarlFan wrote:I will miss David Tennant very much but still I really look forward to the last specials and to see the regeneration.

I too am a big fan of David Tennant, and don't think that I can face watching Dr. Who without him being there it will not be the same, Sad .
I think that the best Chrismas special was the Titanic one last year or year before my memory is bad so forgive me but it had Bernard Cribbins in as well. Will look forward to the final episode if only to see DT one last time.

Catherine
KarriesAngel
KarriesAngel

http://www.yourdreamforum.info/thephantomoftheopera

Back to top Go down

Post  blueroses Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:19 pm

I recently got into Doctor Who. Several of my friends love it and now that I have netflix, I was able to watch all 4 seasons and get caught up. Not sure what to think of Matt Smith as the Doctor but I suppose I should give him a chance. DT will be missed!
blueroses
blueroses

Back to top Go down

Post  EarlFan Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:01 pm

I loved "The End of Time" and I will definitely give Matt Smith a chance. The Doctor is still not ginger though Razz
EarlFan
EarlFan

Back to top Go down

Post  blueroses Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:03 pm

hehe yeah. I think it would be great if his last incarnation IS ginger. I love David Collings in Sapphire and Steel. I think he would have made a neat Doctor.
blueroses
blueroses

Back to top Go down

Post  Freyalise Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:34 am

I'm an enormous Who fan and have been what I like to think of as a vocal supporter of Matt Smith amidst the legions of bawwing LJ fangirls who don't want David Tennant to go on and achieve more stardom. Smile I even dressed up as Eleven's new companion for DragonCon last year--now THAT was a load of fun. Smile

Freyalise

http://www.stars-fell.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  EarlFan Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:54 am

I like the new series so far. Matt Smith is a great actor and I think I can get used to him as the Doctor now after seeing a few episodes. He's doing a really great job. You all heard about the Doctor Who computer games they are planning to release this summer? That will be interesting. If I can't have a Phantom-game then at least I can get a Doctor Who game Razz
EarlFan
EarlFan

Back to top Go down

Post  tiawhitecat Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:46 am

I'm surprised just how quickly I've got used to Matt Smith, I really like him. Not too sure about the new daleks though, I remember the originals from 1963 so I suppose I've got very fond of the old ones Very Happy no doubt they will be back.
tiawhitecat
tiawhitecat

Back to top Go down

Post  meglett Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:38 pm

I purchased the DVD's of the specials and I'm very sad to see David leave. However, through the wonder that is iTunes and the season pass to the 11th Doctor's series, through BBC America, I have seen the first episode and have taken a liking to Matt's Doctor. It seems he has a few tiny traits that David had and is able to carry off the part very well. I love his line "Is this world protected?" then "I have one thing to say...Run." That's the Doctor I know and love. Amy Pond is a good companion also. I'm thinking I'm going to enjoy this new season.
meglett
meglett

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Tue May 18, 2010 5:27 pm

We're getting the new series here in Canada and I have to admit I'm liking the new Doctor and Amy. Still miss Tennant in the role but Matt Smith is doing a very good job with the character.

In other Who news, has anyone heard of the new Doctor Who live stage show? It comes complete with Dalek's and 16 piece orchestra. I soooooo want to see this. I need to plan a trip to the UK. http://www.whatsonstage.com/news/theatre/london/E8831274115261/Doctor%20Who%20Live%20Hits%20UK%20Arenas%20from%20October.html
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  IamErik771 Thu May 26, 2011 9:33 pm

Through the magic of Netflix, I finally got around to seeing David Tennant's last 4 specials (which were superb) and am now starting on Series 5. Really liking Matt Smith's Doctor thus far, and Amy Pond is turning out to be quite an awesome companion. Not sure why I waited this long, but hey... at least I'm back on board now, yes?
IamErik771
IamErik771

http://iamerik771.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Fri May 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Finally caught up with DW series 6 (thank you BBC America On Demand for getting the episodes relatively early this season), just in time for it to take a hiatus due to the Memorial Day Weekend. I'm enjoying it so far, though!

TAFKaR
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomsGhost Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:33 pm

This is an older thread, but has anyone kept up with the newest season of Dr Who..? If so what's your opinion? I just finished up the season finale now...I started out liking this season, but after watching the last episode, I don't think I like the way it went. It was way too wacky. I know I REALLY hate the beginning where they added in the Amy Pond 'when I was a kid I had an imaginary friend' schpeel.

Oh, well. Hopefully the X-mas special will be good..and maybe the next season...whenever that shows up will be good.
PhantomsGhost
PhantomsGhost

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:59 pm

I won't post spoilers but like you some of the final episodes were sort of on the really "out there" side, at least for me. I loved "The Girl Who Waited" and I think it's up there as one of my favorite Who episodes.

Not crazy on having Pond's intro for the show. I adore Amy Pond but that intro gets a bit boring after an episode or two.

Can't wait until there is more to be seen. I really love the lead characters and have final even warmed up to Riversong.

MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaidd_Drwg Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:14 pm

I was a bit shaky about the season finale. I feel like it didn't really compare when standing next to the previous season finales. It wasn't awful, but it wasn't memorable either. I love Matt Smith though and he's always able to carry an episode without fail no matter what. Plus, I loved that he mentioned Rose and Jack. Smile

I also dislike Amy Pond's narration in the beginning of the shows on BBC America. I feel like they think American fans aren't as well educated on the show as British ones are. It kind of takes away the four seasons/specials that took place before Matt Smith came into the role and centers it around the characters now. I feel like that's not what Doctor Who is about.

Blaidd_Drwg

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomsGhost Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:23 pm

So that Amy Pond beginning is only in the US version?

Hm. Has that been on this entire year then? I only noticed it in the second half of this season..

but then I wasn't watching it on BBC America earlier this year...thanks to my 'net friends'
PhantomsGhost
PhantomsGhost

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaidd_Drwg Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:00 pm

I'm pretty sure it's just for American television. I vaguely recall reading somewhere else that Canadians don't have it, but I could be wrong.

I'm not sure how long they've had the intro for. I just got BBC America in my area. Before that I was watching the show online. But I don't think it's necessary to have the intro anymore. I think Doctor Who is becoming something really popular here.

Blaidd_Drwg

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:27 pm

Blaidd_Drwg wrote:I'm pretty sure it's just for American television. I vaguely recall reading somewhere else that Canadians don't have it, but I could be wrong.

I'm not sure how long they've had the intro for. I just got BBC America in my area. Before that I was watching the show online. But I don't think it's necessary to have the intro anymore. I think Doctor Who is becoming something really popular here.

The Amy intro is in the Canadian version featured on the Space Channel. Interesting that it seems to be just on the North American versions. I hope they get rid of it next season. We don't really need a recap of her story each episode. Love the show though and hope it continues for a looooong time.
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaidd_Drwg Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:53 pm

MasqPhan wrote:
Blaidd_Drwg wrote:I'm pretty sure it's just for American television. I vaguely recall reading somewhere else that Canadians don't have it, but I could be wrong.

The Amy intro is in the Canadian version featured on the Space Channel. Interesting that it seems to be just on the North American versions. I hope they get rid of it next season. We don't really need a recap of her story each episode. Love the show though and hope it continues for a looooong time.

Ah, never mind then. For some reason I thought it was just a States thing. Yeah, I agree completely. I can't see them leaving it in for next season though. I feel like it wouldn't fit.

Blaidd_Drwg

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomsGhost Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:18 pm

Especially if they are going to find new companions for the Doctor. This last season made it sound like Amy and Rory were going to be gone next time the show is run.

Sadly, it won't be on next year, but should be back 2013.

I think I heard Moffatt is busy with the next season of Sherlock. (which is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. And I can't wait for the next series/season!)
PhantomsGhost
PhantomsGhost

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:18 pm

Over the weekend my fiance netflixed an episode and had me watch (yes, I've gone all this time without ever seeing an episode), and I found it utterly delightful. I'm not sure which season/Doctor we're watching now (remember, newbie), but I'm anxious to see more!

Becky

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaidd_Drwg Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:06 am

Becky wrote:Over the weekend my fiance netflixed an episode and had me watch (yes, I've gone all this time without ever seeing an episode), and I found it utterly delightful. I'm not sure which season/Doctor we're watching now (remember, newbie), but I'm anxious to see more!

You should definitely watch from the first season! Christopher Eccleston is a seriously underrated Doctor, in my opinion. The quality of the first season compared to even the second season isn't that great, but the acting is top notch.

Yeah it's not returning until 2013, but there will be a Christmas special in December. Also, Sherlock is beyond words amazing. Agreed! Smile

Blaidd_Drwg

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:29 am

Blaidd_Drwg wrote:
You should definitely watch from the first season! Christopher Eccleston is a seriously underrated Doctor, in my opinion. The quality of the first season compared to even the second season isn't that great, but the acting is top notch.

I will second the Eccleston love--he's what got me hooked onto the new series. It's a pity he only stayed on for one season, but he made it count where it matters most. "Dalek" and the two-part season finale are particularly fine examples of his talent.

~LCD

LadyCDaae

http://musicalhell.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaidd_Drwg Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:46 am

LadyCDaae wrote:
Blaidd_Drwg wrote:

I will second the Eccleston love--he's what got me hooked onto the new series. It's a pity he only stayed on for one season, but he made it count where it matters most. "Dalek" and the two-part season finale are particularly fine examples of his talent.

~LCD

Completely agree. I have friends who started watching the show and completely bypassed the first season because they wanted to get to David Tennant. As much as I love Ten, there's no reason why Nine should be overlooked. The two-part season finale was amazing, especially the last half hour of the last episode. As much as I love Steven Moffatt and his timey wimey stuff, I really miss simple story arcs like the whole Bad Wolf bit. Ah well.

Blaidd_Drwg

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:48 pm

Just verified we just finished the season with Christopher Eccleston, whom I really liked. He's really good at the "I'm up to something!" grin.
Also, I found the Daleks to be slightly adorable. Except, they really need a new catchphrase Wink

Becky

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaidd_Drwg Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:19 am

Becky wrote:Just verified we just finished the season with Christopher Eccleston, whom I really liked. He's really good at the "I'm up to something!" grin.
Also, I found the Daleks to be slightly adorable. Except, they really need a new catchphrase Wink

Shocked The Daleks are one of the most evil races in the Universe!!!

Blaidd_Drwg

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:48 am

Blaidd_Drwg wrote:
Becky wrote:Just verified we just finished the season with Christopher Eccleston, whom I really liked. He's really good at the "I'm up to something!" grin.
Shocked The Daleks are one of the most evil races in the Universe!!!
lol, Yeah, my fiancee thinks I'm weird for that. I didn't say they were good, I said they were cute Laughing

Becky

Back to top Go down

Post  Cape Twirl of Doom Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:30 am

Blaidd_Drwg wrote:
LadyCDaae wrote:
Blaidd_Drwg wrote:

~LCD

Completely agree. I have friends who started watching the show and completely bypassed the first season because they wanted to get to David Tennant. As much as I love Ten, there's no reason why Nine should be overlooked. The two-part season finale was amazing, especially the last half hour of the last episode. As much as I love Steven Moffatt and his timey wimey stuff, I really miss simple story arcs like the whole Bad Wolf bit. Ah well.

Don't forget "The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances," a brilliant two-parter written by Steven Moffat!

I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed in the most recent season. I got a bit tired of Moffat's season-wide story arcs and so much emphasis on the timey-wimey aspects. It's funny, all of Moffat's earlier episodes from seasons 1-4 are my absolute favorites, yet now that he's been in charge of the whole things I haven't liked it as much.

Oh, and just because:

Doctor Who Ui2ik90133fcd12viewattth13329dad7d2

Doctor Who Ui2ik90133fcd12viewattth13329dd3e91

Very Happy
Cape Twirl of Doom
Cape Twirl of Doom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next